Chargers tackle Joe Barksdale goes public about battling severe depression

1272 views 6 replies
Reply to Topic
Bellaaaa

Total Posts: 0

Joe Barksdale, who starts at right tackle for the Los Angeles Chargers,womens Demetrius Harris Jersey, told the Los Angeles Times that he has battled severe depression and nearly took his life in November.
It was only after he had suicidal thoughts that Barksdale decided he would be open about his struggles with depression.
"If I could save another person, maybe that's why the attempts [to harm myself] didn't work,womens Dee Ford Jersey," he told the L.A. Times.Authentic Albert Wilson Jersey,
Brionna,In November, he told the newspaper that he went home and sharpened a knife before his wife, Barksdale learned that he would miss a third straight game after injuring his foot. Overcome with sadness, persuaded him to put it down. They proceeded to talk until he was calm.
Barksdale, 29, emotionally and sexually abused as a child -- "I was molested when I was younger. It happened, said he was physically," he told the L.A. Times -- which contributed to his feelings of insecurity and anxiety while growing up in inner-city Detroit, where he was bullied by older kids.Authentic Dee Ford Jersey
Barksdale now takes medication and is in therapy. Four years ago, "Butterflies, he learned to play the guitar after a suggestion from former coach Jeff Fisher. He recently released his debut album, Rainbows & Moonbeams."Authentic Mitchell Schwartz Jersey,
After spending many years hiding his depression,Authentic Bennie Logan Jersey, Barksdale confided in a small handful of teammates, including quarterback Philip Rivers.
When his teammates told him it was "between us,Authentic Bryan Witzmann Jersey, "My thing was,womens Terrance Mitchell Jersey," Barksdale said, I'm telling you so that you can tell other people." Barksdale said that reaction showed the stigma of mental illness in the league.
But he hopes that by sharing his story publicly,womens Ramik Wilson Jersey,womens Mitchell Schwartz Jersey, he can make a difference.
it just feels impossible,"Some days,womens Albert Wilson Jersey, you can't. Some days, you can talk yourself out of it. Some days," he told the L.A. Times. "This is who I am. I am as depressed as I am black."
Barksdale, 29, emotionally and sexually abused as a child -- "I was molested when I was younger. It happened, said he was physically," he told the L.A. Times -- which contributed to his feelings of insecurity and anxiety while growing up in inner-city Detroit, where he was bullied by older kids.Authentic Demetrius Harris Jersey,
Barksdale now takes medication and is in therapy. Four years ago, "Butterflies, he learned to play the guitar after a suggestion from former coach Jeff Fisher. He recently released his debut album, Rainbows & Moonbeams."Authentic Ramik Wilson Jersey,
After spending many years hiding his depression, Barksdale confided in a small handful of teammates, including quarterback Philip Rivers.
When his teammates told him it was "between us, "My thing was,womens Bennie Logan Jersey,womens Bryan Witzmann Jersey," Barksdale said, I'm telling you so that you can tell other people." Barksdale said that reaction showed the stigma of mental illness in the league.
But he hopes that by sharing his story publicly,Authentic Terrance Mitchell Jersey,he can make a difference.
Posted 27 Feb 2018

Posted 31 Mar 2018

Posted 14 Sep 2018

Posted 15 Oct 2018

Posted 03 Nov 2018

Posted 15 Nov 2018

jaded says
Depression is a really serious problem. i think you should deal with it using some medicine. If you are interested, have a look at the online pharmacy from https://www.canadapharmacy.com/ I think you will find it interesting and helpful to you, good luck with it, guys :) 
Posted 29 May 2019

Reply to Topic