LSU's never-ending QB search likely to continue

314 views 5 replies
Reply to Topic
Bellaaaa

Total Posts: 0

It was said at the Shreveport Regional Airport on Monday, Nov. 11, 2013.
" then-LSU coach Les Miles told the Shreveport Times on his way to a home visit of Parkway High quarterback Brandon Harris.,"A tremendous quarterback — kind of a future for us
Later, Miles said Harris would end the quarterback malaise that had afflicted his program since 2008 — except for 2013 when transfer Zach Mettenberger had one of the greatest seasons for a quarterback in LSU history,000 yards., finishing fourth in the nation in efficiency at 171.4 with 22 touchdowns amid but eight interceptions. He became just the third Tiger to throw for more than 3
Harris, the No. 5 dual-threat prep quarterback in the nation by Rivals.com for the class of 2014,womens Justin Bethel Jersey, had some moments and actually put up some impressive efficiency and third-down numbers for part of his only full season as the starter in 2015. But in the end it did not work out for him or for Miles. Miles was fired four games into the 2016 season,Authentic Andy Lee Jersey, where he finished his career in 2017.,Authentic Matt Wile Jersey, and Harris transferred to North Carolina
Ed Orgeron, made a comment frighteningly similar to Miles' last Thursday on a radio show on 104.5 FM in Baton Rouge.,womens Antoine Bethea Jersey, who replaced Miles in 2016
" Orgeron said.,"I think it's finally going to happen. I believe we're finally going to have a quarterback that LSU's been looking for for a very long time
based on history.,womens Evan Boehm Jersey,Maybe he will be proven right. But excuse me if I do not believe it right off
Orgeron,womens J. J. Nelson Jersey, who began spring practice with his Tigers Sunday morning, was not talking about one quarterback. He was speaking about his trio on scholarship as a whole, but the projected starter is Brennan. Redshirt freshman Lowell Narcisse will get a chance and may get more and more chances during the season as Orgeron has said he may play both of them as he doesn't have one yet. Junior Justin McMillan will not play much or at all unless one of the other two are injured or both play very badly., but the projected starter is sophomore Myles Brennan. You may hear and read differently elsewhere
Word out of the football offices is that Brennan could be the next Tommy Hodson, who is the gold standard for LSU quarterbacks along with Bert Jones and JaMarcus Russell, who finished No. 3 in the nation in efficiency in 2006 at 167.0 with 3, 28 touchdowns with but eight interceptions.,129 yards
Yeah, I'll believe that Hodson comparison when I see it,Authentic Justin Bethel Jersey,Authentic Phil Dawson Jersey, and then see it a few more times for a few years.,womens Phil Dawson Jersey, too
Brennan,womens Andy Lee Jersey,womens Matt Wile Jersey, who was not very good in 2017, Harris had a very strong arm.,Authentic Antoine Bethea Jersey, may be very good in 2018. He may indeed be everything LSU needs and has been craving desperately at the position for basically the last decade. He has a very good quarterback coach in offensive coordinator Steve Ensminger. Brennan does have a quick release. But then
What worries me about Brennan is the fact that the same man who never found or kept a good quarterback out of high school in his 12 years at LSU — Les Miles — is the one who picked Brennan and Narcisse. He was recruiting them before Orgeron took over!
And that's what you're going with?
Miles is the same man who thought Russell Shepard could play quarterback until shortly after Shepard got to campus. Miles is the same man who thought Jordan Jefferson was better than Jarrett Lee in 2011 no matter how well Lee played in just about every game but one and how badly Jefferson played in just about every game but one or two. Miles is the same man who wanted Dak Prescott to play tight end at LSU.
This is the man whose recommendation you're going with?
At least Miles did actually sign quarterbacks,Authentic Evan Boehm Jersey,Authentic A.Q. Shipley Jersey, but none were very highly ranked., though. Orgeron has been at LSU since January of 2015 and has yet to sign a quarterback he identified and recruited first. He tried and failed on a few for the Class of 2018
In the end,womens A.Q. Shipley Jersey, he lost No. 18 dual quarterback James Foster of Montgomery, Alabama,Authentic J. J. Nelson Jersey, to new Texas A&M coach/quarterback guru Jimbo Fisher. But Foster, a three-star prospect, was not nationally ranked as an overall prospect and was not offered by nearby Auburn.
Posted 23 Mar 2018

Posted 30 Mar 2018

Posted 15 Sep 2018

Posted 17 Oct 2018

Posted 05 Nov 2018

Posted 16 Nov 2018

Reply to Topic