David to direct Akshay - Shahid

860 views 9 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

It's a known fact that the moment a film hits the bull's eye, everyone associated with the hit goes on a signing spree, accepting the best of offers that come their way. But David Dhawan has proved to be an exception.

With MUJHSE SHAADI KAROGI proving a success, D.D. has decided to get extra choosy and has, believe it or not, returned signing amounts to film-makers. Sometime back, Indra Kumar and Ashok Thakeria [of MASTI] had signed D.D. to direct a film for their production outfit, but D.D. has now returned the signing amount to them.

David sounds amused, “Please, please, please… I haven't returned signing amounts after MUJHSE SHAADI KAROGI. All this is loose talk. It unnecessarily gives an impression that I have either become high-handed or overtly cautious. To set the record straight, I had returned the signing amounts much before M.S.K. released.”

Please continue. “I am not being extra choosy. It's just that we [Indra Kumar, Ashok Thakeria and David] couldn't agree on the star cast,” David informs me, “Besides, I have decided to direct one film at a time. The Salman - Sushmita - Katrina starrer [it's still not titled] is the only film that I am involved with at the moment.”

However, David has just said 'Yes' to producer Firoz A. Nadiadwala's new film, which will star Akshay Kumar, Shahid Kapoor, Paresh Rawal and Rajpal Yadav in stellar roles. “We are still working on the script,” David informs me, “The remaining cast is being approved and will be confirmed shortly
Posted 18 Aug 2004

Reply to Topic