Path of Exile Players Will Probably Excel at more than Others

110 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
pathofexilenews

Total Posts: 0

So I've been a player since beta. Tried it out, quit after act 1, came back when Forsaken Masters released and have played every league since then. I love Path of Exile. Anyway, I've been making a tabletop RPG for the last 4 years, and with my love of PoE, I was influenced a bit by my favorite aspects of it, the varied character building and the idea that if your character isn't built well enough, you won't make it to the end-game. So I adopted those parts into my game.

They're not identical, since I wasn't trying to make a tabletop version of PoE (I think Path of Paper already does that admirably), but I have character abilities with trade-offs and synergies that resemble passive notables/Keystones and unique item effects. 

The game is balanced around you needing to gradually optimize your character with these abilities, otherwise it will become impossible to survive combat. I should note that the game is survival-horror, and is intended to be very difficult. The gem system and "sphere grid" was a nice change from standard RPGs and I wish more was done with the bartering system (make it more like Fallout 1 & 2 where you can barter item for item and not just for scroll scraps). This is not a pay to win game but if you want to set up a guild expect to drop $10 - $20 dollars. The only issue I experienced with this game was not from the game itself but from how I accessed it. Using Steam the game was laggy/choppy, using the external client from their website game play was smooth. Still this game is a blast and even more fun with friends. Cannot recommend this enough and also it is FREE.

You'll have to theorycraft character builds, and also realize that there are a few meta-strategies that honestly, PoE players will probably excel at more than others. So anyway, after four years of working on this fucker, it's finally finished and I just released it today. It's called Xas Irkalla, which means "to cut open the land of the dead". Hope you guys check it out. And, as you can see with the logo, it's also inspired by black metal. https://www.u4gm.c?om/path-of-exile

Posted 25 Apr 2018

Reply to Topic