she cautioned

89 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
DMT

Total Posts: 0

Actress Amanda Seyfried poses during a photocall for the movie "First Reformed" at the 74th Venice Film Festival in Venice Anthony Tolliver Jersey , Italy, on Aug. 31, 2017. (XinhuaJin Yu)

China's Discovery ROV collects samples in western Pacific Ocean

World Robot Conference attracts visitors in Beijing

At least 2 died, 8 injured in knife attack in Turku, Finland

13 killed, over 100 others injured in Barcelona attack: official

Over 400 killed in mudslides in Sierra Leone

Qiandaohu Lake in China's Zhejiang under stricter protection

Weekly choices of Xinhua photo (Aug. 5 - Aug. 11)

Highlights of multinational drill in Georgia

WASHINGTON, Feb. 12 (Xinhua) -- U.S. Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) Director James Comey said on Thursday that the U.S. society is "at a crossroads"
on racial relations.

This was the first time he publicly discussed the issue at length after the killings of unarmed black men by white officers in Ferguson and New York City
triggered heated debates in recent months.

"Unfortunately, in places like Ferguson and New York City, and in some communities across the nation, there is a disconnect between police agencies and
many citizens - predominantly in communities of color," Comey said in a speech
at Georgetown University.

Comey highlighted researches which indicated the widespread existence of unconscious bias in a white-majority society against black faces, and said white
officers, working in communities where non-whites commit a majority of crimes,
are prone to adopt negative stereotypes about members of minority groups.

"The two young black men on one side of the street look like so many others the officer has locked up," said Comey. "The officer does not make the same
association about two white guys," a behavior labeled by Comey as "lazy mental
shortcuts", which he warned would complicate the relationship between police and
the communities they serve.

Comey called for better data collection and analysis of how police officers use force during patrols, stressing that without complete and accurate data,
sound policy decision would be hard to make.

GWANGJU, South Korea, July 13 (Xinhua) -- Italy thrashed the 10-man South Korea 3-0 to lift the soccer title of Universiade on Monday.

South Korea went down a man just six minutes into the match and Italy scored two first-half goals en route to turn out an easy victory in gold medal match.

South Korea was trying to win its first Universiade gold in men's soccer since 1991, but they never really threatened to score as most of their shots
went outside of the goal.

In the group stage, South Korea defeated Italy 1-0 on July 5 and entered the gold medal match with an undefeated record. In the gold medal match, the
Italians took the control all through the match as South Korean defender Park
Dong-jin was sent off early for a reckless tackling.

Tommaso Biasci and Paolo Regoli scored in the 11th and in the 32nd minutes respectively. Leonardo Morosini made it 3-0 to seal the triumph for Italy in the
54th minute.

Biasci was also ejected on his second yellow of the match near the hour mark, but his absence had no bearing on the final result.

In the bronze medal match, Japan beat Brazil 7-6 on penalty shootout as neither side could find the goal in regular time.

Former US presidential candidate Hillary Clinton said on Tuesday that sexism played a role in her loss to President Donald Trump, but FBI Director James
Comey and intervention by Russia were more decisive factors in her downfall.

Comey's announcement in October that he would reopen an investigation into Clinton's e-mail server and Russian-backed moves by WikiLeaks scared off
potential voters, Clinton said in an interview at Women for Women International,
a global charity.

Clinton was projected as the heavy favorite but lost to Republican Trump in the election. Had she won, she would have been the nation's first woman
president. Asked on Tuesday by interviewer Christiane Amanpour of CNN if sexism
played a part in her loss,Clinton said: "I do think it played a role. It is
real. It is very much a part of the landscape politically, socially and
economically."

Clinton promised to address sexism in her new book to be published this fall. She called writing the book "a painful process" of reliving the campaign.

Saying she "absolutely" takes responsibility for her loss, Clinton placed blame on the FBI's Comey, who sent a letter to Congress days before the election
saying he was reinstating an investigation into Clinton's use of a private
e-mail server while secretary of state, and on Russian intervention. WikiLeaks,
an anti-secrecy group, released Democratic e-mails during the campaign that US
intelligence agencies say were hacked by Russia to try to tilt the race against
Clinton.

"I was on the way to winning until a combination of Jim Comey's letter of October 28 and Russian Wikileaks raised doubts in the minds of people who were
inclined to vote for me but got scared off," she said. "The evidence for that
intervening event is, I think, compelling, persuasive."

If the election was held on October 27, she said, "I would be the president."

Under Trump, she cautioned, progress in women's rights issues is in jeopardy. "I think we are not just at a stalled point. I think we are potentially going
backwards."

But she declared herself geared up to stay politically active and involved with the Trump opposition, for whom "Resist" has become a popular slogan.

Students at Chunliu Elementary School in Dalian of Northeast China's Liaoning Province play "Ode To Joy" on some one hundred pianos at a school opening event
on September 14, 2016. About 75 percent of the students are the children of
migrant workers in the city. Photo: IC

"If I h. Cheap Jerseys   Cheap Jerseys China Free Shipping   Cheap Jerseys From China   Cheap Jerseys Shop   Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Wholesale Hoddies China   Wholesale Hoddies China   Wholesale Hoddies Free Shipping   Cheap Hoddies Wholesale   Cheap Hats Free Shipping 

Posted 31 May 2018

Reply to Topic