TABLEEGH

3972 views 36 replies
Reply to Topic
new_beau

Total Posts: 10168

United Arab Emirates, United Arab Emirates

QUESTION:

If Tableeq is obligatory and has so much importance. Why Tableeq is started in 1970s, before that, we had never heard about this. One of my friend said `Mohammed (SAW) had come to the dream of Mr. ..........(who is head of Tableeq) and told him to start Tableeq. Is that true?

Answer:

Why Tableeg recent

In the name of Allah, We praise Him, seek His help and ask for His forgiveness. Whoever Allah guides none can misguide, and whoever He allows to fall astray, none can guide them aright. We bear witness that there is no one (no idol, no person, no grave, no prophet, no imam, no dai, nobody!) worthy of worship but Allah Alone, and we bear witness that Muhammad (saws) is His slave-servant and the seal of His Messengers.

If Tableeq is obligatory and has so much importance. Why Tableeq is started in 1970s, before that, we had never heard about this.

‘Tableeg’ or the propagation of the Truth started with the first man on earth, Hadrat Adam (a.s.), who invited his family to the obedience and worship of none except the One and Only Lord of the Worlds.

It may be that you are confusing the term and duty of ‘tagleeg’ or the propagation of the deen of Truth with the organization of brothers who have named themselves by a similar name.

Allah has made it an obligatory duty for every believer to bear witness and invite mankind to His Truth.

Allah says in the Holy Quran Chapter 22 Surah Hajj verse 77-78:

O you who have believed, do ‘rukooh’ (bow down) and do ‘sajdah’ (prostration), and worship your Lord Allah Alone, and do righteous deeds: it may be that you attain true success! Exert your utmost for the cause of Allah, as one should. He has chosen you for His service, and has not laid on you any hardship in your religion. Therefore, be steadfast in the religion of your father Abraham. Allah had named you ‘muslims’ before this, and has named you (muslims) in this Quran also, so that the Messenger may be a witness in regard to you, and you may be witnesses in regard to the rest of mankind.

Allah says in the Holy Quran: Chapter 16, Surah An-Nahl Ayat 125:

Invite to the way of your Lord with wisdom and excellent admonition and argue with people in the best manner. Your Lord knows best who has gone astray from His Way and who is Rightly guided.

One of my friend said `Mohammed (SAW) had come to the dream of Mr. .........(who is head of Tableeq) and told him to start Tableeq. Is that true?

Allah Subhanah Alone Knows whether or not the brother who started the organization of ‘tableegi jamaat’ did indeed see Prophet Mohamed (saws) in his dream!

What we do know from the guidance of the Quran and the Sunnah is that Allah Subhanah has made it obligatory for every believer who sincerely believes in Allah and the Last Day to propagate and invite others to this Path of Truth called ‘Al-Islam’. Contrary to popular belief, ‘Tagleeg’ does not necessarily mean that one has to leave one’s home and country and go about in foreign lands to invite others to Islam; one may very well invite his family, relatives, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances wherever one lives to fulfill this obligatory duty and responsibility.

Whatever written of Truth and benefit is only due to Allah’s Assistance and Guidance, and whatever of error is of me alone. Allah Alone Knows Best and He is the Only Source of Strength.

Posted 01 Oct 2004

True
Posted 01 Oct 2004

tarash says
meray khyal mein is topic se khawah makha aik mazhabi behs shuroo ho jaey gee

waisay by the way ur saying rite
Posted 05 Oct 2004

new_beau says
Dear Tarash Jee...

Behas Baraye Behas...aur Behas Baraye Ma'aloomaat main Farq hota hay...Duniya jahan kay Qissay share kiyey ja saktay hainn..Tou DEEN per baat kiyunnahin ho sakti ...

Honi Chahiyey..Ta keh Deen kay baray mainn jannay ka bhi aik jazba paida ho..
Posted 06 Oct 2004

Posted 07 Oct 2004

Rafia says
VERY NICELY WRITTEN
Posted 08 Oct 2004

friend_16 says

tableeg main pehlay ye hona chhayee kay app jo keh rahay hein wo ker kay bhee daikhain .. ta kay loog us ko dekain aur follow karein ..
Posted 11 Oct 2004

practice b4 u preach
Posted 12 Oct 2004

Jamat Tableegh is only one way of making tableegh. All those scholarly people and those not so scholarly people who came before us, conducted tableegh. Their means of tableegh varied from writing books and articles, teaching people, and by defending the deen from the attemps of imposters, false prophets, and those who wanted to corrupt the deen and its followers. All of these methods are fine, important thing is we do it. Prophet of Allah (PBUH) said (roughly meaning), "Take it to people even if it is only one verse you may know". Make sure you know thoroughly what you want to make tableegh about.
Posted 12 Oct 2004

friend_16 says
Allah kay deen ko aagay ponchana hamara zimma hai .. jitna bhee hamain pata hai .. this is our duty to tell people wht our relegion says .. but the thing is people toiday don't listen to us ... they usually sayd don't interfere in our matters .. or this is our personel matter .. so tableegh should b in a proper way that people should listen to u..
Posted 13 Oct 2004

friend-16: So very rightly, you stated that it is our job to tell others what our religion says. People not listening to our call – this is not required from us. People make their choices. In the past, people rejected prophets and messengers of Allah and even killed them because their message challenged their status quo. Our job however requires presenting the message in a way that is understandable, with good manners, and for the pleasure of Allah alone. If we get upset or disheartened because people reject us, then our intention is personal satisfaction. Allah otherwise sees it all and will reward our hard work and not the results. So keep up the good work.
Posted 13 Oct 2004

friend_16 says
exaclty ... loogon ko jaab deen kay baray main batatay hein tu un kay different reactions hotay hein n we have to face them .. agar hum bhee react karein gay tu jo unhoon nay baat agar sunni samjhni bhee hai tu nahi sunain gay.. is liay jo bhee tableegh ker raha hoo .. us ko kafee tahamul kay saath saab batein bardast kerni perteen hein .. aur is kay liay pehlay khud deen ko seekhna hai aur phir doosroon taak poochana hai..
Posted 14 Oct 2004

SupidGuy says
Assalam-o-Aleikum!
kaise hein sab loog?well, i was too much Doubty abt Tableeghi Jamaaat..........but i spend some period of time with them..........................i found them their best...................
baaqi Human Error tu ham sab mai hein...........i think ke yeah Human Metality hai yaa phir meri Observation...........some time we just concentrate on other's Fault or errors................
btw ab tu Saeed Anwar & Junaid Jamshed bhi are a part of this.........
ab ham yeah kahein ke saari life tu jo mann mai aaya kia..........and now, they r pious.........ham nahi maante ya iss type ka koi bhi Statement ham mai se kisi ko bhi zaib nahi deta.............kuch bhi hai hamien kisi ko uss ke Past mai kisi Error ki waja se usse Future mai Target nahi karna chahiye...............
maaf karne wala tu ALLAH(SWT) hai............. ham kaun hote hein sahi ghalt decide karne walay...........
and I heard in Aalim's Bayaan ke ALLAH(SWT) tu 70 mothers se bhi ziadah love karta hai apne NAFARMAAN banday se............
Arabic mai 70(mind its Sattar[the urdu word which is stand for Seventy]ka matlab hai Unlimited.......
now, see ke jab Nafarmaan banday se itna piyaar tu Farmaanbardaar se kitna ho ga...........
our Calculated Statistics are failed naa............ in front of his Rahmat........
now, i am not saying ke mujh se agree karoo
but at least hamien kisi bhi cheez ke baray mai ek damm se apna point of view nahi dena chahiye.......i think ke forums ham views ke exchange ke liye join karte hein..........phir itna narrow minded ho ke hamien nahi soochna chahiye.........
i am not saying ke kisi ne aisa kuch kaha hai .............but its my opinion naa..........
dont be think that i am saying to anybody or somebody indirectly......
if any of u hurt then I Am Sorry.......
if i am wrong then ask me Straightforwardly...........mein mind nahi karoon ga............but there is nothing to deny.................................

take care
Chao

friend_16 said:

exaclty ... loogon ko jaab deen kay baray main batatay hein tu un kay different reactions hotay hein n we have to face them .. agar hum bhee react karein gay tu jo unhoon nay baat agar sunni samjhni bhee hai tu nahi sunain gay.. is liay jo bhee tableegh ker raha hoo .. us ko kafee tahamul kay saath saab batein bardast kerni perteen hein .. aur is kay liay pehlay khud deen ko seekhna hai aur phir doosroon taak poochana hai..

Posted 18 Oct 2004

Xtreme says
Well personelly i dont like the Tableeghee or any islamic party/group. Never been on a Tableeg ever and its not likely that i ever will.
As for the tableeghee jamat or what ever u wanna call them first they have to better their ranks , secondly i have one small problem with them and that is taht why do they go to foriegn countries so much when they can do a lot work first at home. Yea i know they mostly pay from their pockets but looks like foriegn trips to me than any thing else.
Any ways in the end i will say they should keep trying some day peeps like me would begin to like them .And why do all the other islamic groups in Pakistan hate them ?? can any one answer that .
Posted 18 Oct 2004

tolerance and accepting the fact that others may hold a diff point of view find fewer minds to occur in Pakistan. Most people hate something because somebody else does. Hate is a forbidden feeling for a Muslim against another Muslim. Unfortunately, pakis over react in disagreement, especially in the matters of religion. Vast majority of people can't even read or write but they are ready to give and take life on the words of some so called "spiritual leader". Most pray but don't even know what they are praying.
I do not hate tableeghis, but i am not convinced with their way of tableegh. There are many good practising and good hearted muslims in the jamaat. I believe in complete submission to Allah in all aspects of life. Tableeghi jamaat folks have a different point of view. I respect their view but I disagree with it with love for my brothers and sisters in Islam.
Posted 18 Oct 2004

Xtreme says
one of my uncles ( dad's cousin) is a tableeghee and he is in the USA or UK contenetail Europe for about 8 months a year on tableegh. Well thats like a tour to me and what about umm hmm his wife and kids . yea he is rich so thats not a problem but it not all about money there are many other responsibilites for a man too like a husband and father.
Posted 18 Oct 2004

SupidGuy says
Assalam-o-Aleikum!
kaise hein sab?
well,iss topic ke Author bhaai aaien tu iss pe kuch mazeed baat ho sakti hai.
actully, mein abhi tak unn ki baat nahi samujh saka .........ke woh kya kahna chahte hein.

take care
Chao
Posted 19 Oct 2004

joker says
salam its my 1st talk on religion nice topic but kia app samjtay hain kay ajj kii tableegh wasii hii haii jasay phlay kii thi.nahiiii koyoo kay is kii waja humry moolwii hain.koyo kay koyii moolwi aik nahii haii app ko har moolwi app ko islam kay bary main diff ways say baty ga ager koyii prob haii to har moolwi diff ho ga ager app agree nahii kerty to see ALIM online on GEO.
Posted 22 Oct 2004

joker says
noo he is not right OMG muslim wake up plzzzz u know who start tableegh Mohammed (PBUH) start tableegh.
Posted 22 Oct 2004

joker says
well mr ager un kay dream main (PBUH) ayain haii to he is right but tableegh app (PBUH)nain hii srat kii thii.
Posted 22 Oct 2004

joker says
well mr ager un kay dream main (PBUH) ayain haii to he is right but tableegh app (PBUH)nain hii srat kii thii.so sukta haii us nain tableegh gari ya kuch is qisam kii baat ki hoo.
Posted 22 Oct 2004

Xtreme said:

one of my uncles ( dad's cousin) is a tableeghee and he is in the USA or UK contenetail Europe for about 8 months a year on tableegh. Well thats like a tour to me and what about umm hmm his wife and kids . yea he is rich so thats not a problem but it not all about money there are many other responsibilites for a man too like a husband and father.

That's where I disagree with TJ. We do not find such examples in the life of prophet or his companions. Only handful of companions were sent on Missionary work by the prophet and those companions stayed in those other lands, lived with people who were non-muslims. They were tolorent of these people's ignorance. TJ people only focus on Muslims, they go on to foreign trips but recruit more people to their Jamaat with almost no effort in spreading Islam among non-muslims. May Allah guide us all in knowing our deen as was revealed to His prophet - Ameen
Posted 27 Oct 2004

Adam (AS) started tableegh. There's no question about the validity of the concept. Its only TJ's methodology that's in question.
Posted 27 Oct 2004

joker says
tell me ur muslim haan what type of muslim u dont kno that (PBUH) START tableegh .adam (as)nain to insan ko janam deay,tableegh (PBUH) NAIN START KI TAHTS ALL.,
Posted 28 Oct 2004

napster says
Assalamu ALikum,

Thatbleeq was started by Mawlana Ilyaas Rahmathullahi Alai.In India,Mewawthi.
He was the one who wrote the Thaleem and made this.
Every propet did this,(Da'wa) after Prophet Muhammad's (S.A.W)death that responsibilty came in to us His Ummah.Coz there will be no Prophet after him.
Aatham [Adam] (A.S) was not a Prophet,He was a Nabi.Only Rasool's had the responsibility to Preach (Da'wa) Its a Must to them.
For Nabi Such as Aatham (A.S) didnt have that responsibility but he did that too.So as I known it starts from him.
Posted 21 Jan 2007

heart__hacker said:

tell me ur muslim haan what type of muslim u dont kno that (PBUH) START tableegh .adam (as)nain to insan ko janam deay,tableegh (PBUH) NAIN START KI TAHTS ALL.,

What do you think all prophets of Allah did if they did not preach?
Posted 14 Feb 2007

sun_shine says
i think aaj hum us daur main kharay hain jahan hamain shukar karna chahiye kay kuch tableeghi groups to hain,jo non-muslims kay saamnay Islam kay nazarye ko sahi tareekay aur hikmat say paish kartay hain.
Tamam Prophets ne tabligh ki,unho nay apni zimaydaari buhat zchay tareekay say nibhai,ab yeh humara farz hain.
Posted 14 Feb 2007

sun_shine says
waisay mainay suna tha kay 1940's main ek christian missionary hindustan aaya tha,jumay ki namaz khatam honay kay baad us nay buhat say muslims ko jama kiya aur kaha kay Islam is tarah ka mazhab hain,is main fala fala hain,us nay islam kay baaray main buhat si ghalat baatein ki laikin itnay muslims main kisi kay paas bhi itna ilm nahi tha kay wo us chrishtian missionary ko jawab deta.phir kaafi der baad majmay(crowd) say aik aadmi utha jiska naam Abdul Rehman tha us nay christian missonary ko aisay jawab diye ka wo dobara hindustan nahi aaya.
buhat saal baad Turkey se Hindustan paighaam bhejwaya gaya kay Abdul Rehman nami shaks to Turkey jald bhejo kyunki wo christian missionay Turkey aaya hain.
Posted 14 Feb 2007

Don't believe in heresay. I can't believe that there was nobody in 40's to respond to christian missionary's attacks on Islam, and the entire country of Turkey did not have one person to encounter the same This is unbelieveable.

Jama't tableegh is not the one that stands up in the face of attacks on Islam. Nor do they make tableegh to non-muslims. They do not have any role in bringing awareness about Islam in the West, especially among non-muslims. Their sole focus is on muslims who do not pray.

They do a good job in educating ignorant people of very very basics of Islam. They stop right there because they do not have anything to offer after that.
Posted 14 Feb 2007

sun_shine says
yaa you may be right.
per us wakt muslim media itna nahi tha jitna aaj kal hain.meray personal experience say main yeh baat keh sakti hoon kay aaj say 5 ya 6 saal pehlay meray mind main tableeg ya dawa ka koi concept nahi tha,mera khayal tha kay jiska jonsa religion hain it doe'nt matter.but i think 9/11 kay baad dunya bilkul badal gayee.ab ja kay logo ko pata chala hay k Tableegh har muslim par farz hain.
Posted 15 Feb 2007

napster said:

Assalamu ALikum,

Thatbleeq was started by Mawlana Ilyaas Rahmathullahi Alai.In India,Mewawthi.

He started the jamat Tableegh, not tableegh.

napster said:

For Nabi Such as Aatham (A.S) didnt have that responsibility but he did that too.So as I known it starts from him.

Who taught you this theory. And if we assume your theory is right, then what makes you or anbody else responsible for tableegh? you or anybody else for that matter is not even nabi but are claiming the job of a rasool
see verse 213 in surat AlBaqarah:
Mankind was one single nation and Allah sent Messengers (Allah swt use the word nabiyeen here) with glad tidings and warnings.
Posted 16 Feb 2007

Reply to Topic