Mahira Khan wants to work with Fahad Mustafa

211 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
ZAHRA1234

Total Posts: 0

Mahira Khan is riding high on the success of her latest venture, 7 Din Mohabbat In, which emerged as the highest grossing film this Eid among three other local releases.
While this was her second project with Shaheryar Munawar, whom she lovingly call Munna, she’s still looking forward to work with another Pakistani superstar.
“I have never worked with Fahad Mustafa,” Mahira told BBC Urdu. “I really want to work with him but there just wasn’t any time. I can’t even begin to tell you the amount of projects the two of us have been offered together but the timing was never right.”
“But there’s mutual respect. I respect him, I like him a lot as an actor. I like that he supports people and it’s really imperative to me that a person should support others, and our industry for that matter,” added Mahira.
Talking about his ‘most favouite co-star’ Shaheryar, the Bol starlet said the two are like ‘brothers’. “I know Sherry’s deepest darkest secrets. But we have a romantic relationship in the movie and it works.”
Her other 7 Din Mohabbat In co-star and Mahira’s absolute favourite, Javed Sheikh is currently busy writing an autobiography. The veteran actor plans to add a chapter in the book based on Mahira’s character Neeli from the film.
“Oh, Javed saab always has some great tales to tell! He must write a book. I had asked him to write something on his life when he told me that he’s already in the process of writing on,” the Raees star said.
This year at Lux Style Awards, Javed saab and Mahira found themselves in a baseless controversy, which forced the starlet to address the matter openly on social media. When a video of the senior actor and Mahira caught in an awkward moment at the stage went viral.
“I usually don’t address issues such as these,” said Mahira of the incident. “But it wasn’t just about me. It was about someone like Javed saab in relation to me and it made me so angry.”
Mahira was one of the many celebs who spoke up about Khadija Siddiqi’s stabbing trial, lending all her support when the 23-year-old’s attacker, Shah Hussain was acquitted.
“I felt compelled to talk about this,” the star asserted. “I’m not a political commentator, I’m not a journalist. But I read a lot. I read everything. I was absolutely horrified when I first heard of the case and then we all came to know that her assailant was let go. I promised to show all my support to her. We still talk on whatsapp from time to time.”
However, Mahira also believes that it’s not an artists’ job to speak on public matters.
“We’re entertainers, we’re actors. We are not politicians. It’s not our job to talk about social issues. Having said that, we still go out, we still protest, we still show support to those who need. I think this deserves, I don’t know if respect is the right word, but a nod maybe from the public,” the 33-year-old actor said.
Celebrity News
Posted 03 Jul 2018

Reply to Topic