Alcohol 'more damaging to brain health than marijuana

1626 views 14 replies
Reply to Topic
venynx2

Total Posts: 0

Scientists at the University of Colorado Boulder conducted a review of existing imaging data that looked
at the effects of alcohol and marijuana, or cannabis, on the brain.To
get more wellness news, you can visit shine news official website.

Their findings linked alcohol consumption with long-term changes to the structure of white matter and gray matter in the brain.

The use of marijuana, however, seemed to have no significant long-term effects on brain structure.

Study leader Rachel Thayer, of the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience at the University of Colorado Boulder, and colleagues
recently reported their results in the journal Addiction.

It is estimated that around 22.2 million people in the United States have used marijuana in the past month, making it "the most commonly
used illicit drug" in the country.

Across the U.S., however, it is increasingly becoming legalized for both medicinal and recreational purposes. As a result of this changing
legislation, researchers have been trying to find out more about how
marijuana may benefit health, as well as the damage that it could cause.

Last year, for example, Medical News Today reported on a study linking marijuana use to a greater risk of psychosis in teenagers, while
another study claimed that the drug is "worse than cigarettes" for
cardiovascular health.

On the other side of the coin, researchers have found that cannabinoids — which are the active compounds in marijuana — could help
to prevent migraine, and a more recent study linked marijuana use to an
increased sex drive.For this latest study, Thayer and colleagues sought
to learn more about how marijuana use affects the brain.

Study co-author Kent Hutchison, also of the Department of Psychology and Neuroscience, notes that to date, studies that have investigated
this association have produced mixed results.

"When you look at these studies going back years," he explains, "you see that one study will report that marijuana use is related to a
reduction in the volume of the hippocampus. The next study then comes
around, and they say that marijuana use is related to changes in the
cerebellum <...>."

Posted 17 Jul 2018

Norty says
?Any bad habit is damaging actually. https://trusthealthnet.com/ - here you can find out why if you are interested. And talking about habits, I was a heavy smoker for a long time but when I stopped I started to feel much better. I had more energy, I needed less time to sleep and so on. That's why I don't smoke anymore.
Posted 26 Jul 2018

Cagespeak says
Did anybody have an experience with home drug testing? I am getting a new job and I think that employer will ask me to do the drug test so at first I wanted to do it at home. Found a proper one on ?http://drugtestmax.com, hope that it will be negative...
Posted 23 Aug 2018

Dan7788 says
I agree that any bad habit can damage and cause serious health problems. Personally I drink alcohol only on holidays, one or two glasses of wine. As for marijuana, I find it to be helpful, of course, only for medicinal purposes. It helps many people who suffer from pain, anxiety, depression, etc. I am against using it for fun, but in my opinion, medical marijuana has benefits, especially taking into account that scientists have already proved them.
Posted 20 Sep 2018

os0136499 says
We have been in the medical marijuana community for the past years, and possess a passion for truly helping our patients receive the optimum relief through medical marijuana. Marijuana for sale, Weed for sale online, Buy weed online in USA, Buy weed online, Buy CBD Products Online, Weed for sale, Buy legal marijuana online, Buy marijuana online Canada, Buy marijuana seeds onlineBest weed online, Buy marijuana online with credit card. Our service assure you that Marijuana Buds Store will be the best marijuana online store you will get every type of marijuana product.  CBD oil capsulesCBD oil vaporizersCBD creamCBD oil for body careCBD oil drop,

Posted 05 Mar 2020

Finally someone said it! I think many people suspected that, but alcohol still remains easily accessible, meanwhile marijuana is supposed to be a drug. I vape medical weed in medical purposes (with my dry herb vaporizer Yocan Hit ), and I can't imagine doing something similar with alcohol. 
Posted 04 Apr 2020

minion89 says
I really like your site and especially this post with lots of good and informative information. Very helpful to me.
[table][tr] [td]mapquest directions?[/td][/tr][/table]
Posted 07 Apr 2020

I am not very sure why they would state this as you can see cod for children on WeedNews.co. These products can actually help a child in their normal day to day activities.
Posted 15 Apr 2020

chibi says
I don't know what to say really what you share is so good and helpful to the community, I feel that it makes our community much more developed, thanks. shell shockers
Posted 15 Apr 2020

Hence, for the TurboTax Support team first and foremost priority is to satisfy customer’s expectations with our greatest solutions of varied tax-related issues. This creates an urge within the purchasers to travel to us again and again. We work day and night with our full potential to supply our customers with the foremost effective and efficient support. 

Garmin Connect Login
Office.com/myaccount
Turbotax Login
Brother Printer offline
Dragon Naturally Speaking Support
www.hp.com/go/wirelessprinting

Posted 15 Apr 2020

RoBerti says
Images, content and communication are what stand out when I visit this article. I hope the article can develop and give more optimal information. skribbl io
Posted 01 Jun 2020

dipa1990 says
As with many of its research chemical cathinone predecessors, 3-MMC is known to come in the form of either a white powder or crystallized shards which users can ingest to produce a powerful, fast-acting but short-lived euphoric stimulant-entactogen effects, particularly when they are insufflated, vaporized or injected. buy 3mmc online
Chemicals online shop in USA | 
Chemicals online shop in USA | 
3mmc Online |
Buy 3MMC online | 
Buy Crystal Meth Online | 
SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION UNIVERSAL | 
Activation Powder to bank notes | 
Buy Fentanyl Powder | 
Buy red mercury liquid | 
Buy Hexen Crystal | 
buy 4-CMC POWDER | 
Buy 2-nmc Online | 
Buy 3-FMC CRYSTAL |
Buy Alpha-PVT Online | 
MDBP for sale online | 
Buy Mdpv Online |
Buy 3-MMC Powder | 
Cathinone Cathinones | 
What is 3-MMC? |
Buy Mdpv Online | 
Quality Mdpv For Sale | 
SSD CHEMICAL SOLUTION |
Posted 04 Nov 2020

a6168147 says
Here at Bud Express, we believe that medical marijuana is a good medicine as marijuana does way more better than harm as seen with the countless number of diseases and ailments it treats. We are legal weed shop in USA ?where you can buy real marijuana online. Save time or money buy cannabis oil online from bud express.
Posted 16 Nov 2020

candycush says
In my opinion, both cannabis and alcohol should not be used much in entertainment, of course the cannabis would be very good if only used for medicinal purposes.
candy crush saga
Posted 18 Nov 2020

Magic mushrooms aka Psychedelic Mushrooms, also known as shrooms, belong to a group of polyphyletic fungi that humans use for its medicinal properties. Magicmushroomsstore.online offers a huge variety of Magic Mushroom Products to buy. Now you can Buy shrooms online in poland ,We provide magic mushrooms all over poland with high rich quality.
Posted 26 Nov 2020

Reply to Topic