How to set up BellSouth imap settings?

299 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
harison203

Total Posts: 0

Hello

Can anyone PLEASE tell me what the imap settings for a bellsouth.net account would be for Outlook 2016?  I can't find them anywhere and when I try to call AT&T, all I get is an automated answering system that doesn't list email support as an option (I tried 4 different numbers).  I tried the Setup button on the AT&T website but my email addy is bellsouth so it didn't work.  I tried the Setup Wizard in Outlook but if failed everytime and I tried both encryped and unencrypted.  I should be able to set it up manually but I need the settings.  I have trying for over a year to get my android emails to sync with my desktop.  Turns out the desktop was set up as a POP account so I had to delete it in order to re-add it as an IMAP but Outlook can't find the correct settings automatically. My computer is running Windows 10.

Thanks

Posted 17 Jul 2018

valerie203 says
Hello

Here are the steps to configure Bellsouth emails in Outlook –

• Open the Outlook account and select ‘File’.
  • [/*]
  • Now click on ‘Account Settings’ and select the ‘email account’ to update.
  • [/*]
  • Verify the POP or IMAP settings in ‘Internet Email Settings’. Enter the correct ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’.
  • [/*]
  • Enter ‘imap.mail.att.net’ as Incoming mail server for IMAP. The Outgoing mail server will be ‘smtp.mail.att.net’.
  • [/*]
  • Now correctly verify the ‘User Name’ and ‘Password’.
  • [/*]
  • Click on ‘More Settings’ and go to ‘Outgoing Server’ tab. Also, check the boxes for ‘My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication’ and ‘Use same settings as my incoming mail server’.
  • [/*]
  • Select the ‘Advanced’ tab and enter port as ‘993’ for ‘Incoming server (IMAP)’. Tick the check-boxes for ‘This server requires a secure connection (SSL)’. The outgoing server (SMTP) is ‘465’ or ‘587’.
  • [/*]
  • Now select ‘OK’. On the ‘Internet E-mail Settings’ select ‘Next’.
  • [/*]
  • Finally click ‘Finish’.
  • [/*]

Thanks

BellSouth Customer Service | BellSouth Email Setting Outlook | BellSouth Email Account

Posted 17 Jul 2018

harison203 says
Hi
Thank you, thats what we are here for! Glad I could help.

BellSouth Net Email Login | BellSouth Email Settings | BellSouth Customer Service

Posted 17 Jul 2018

Reply to Topic