MTV Style Awards - The Pak reaction!

2787 views 38 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

recently the mtv style awards were held in india. a number of pakistani stars were on hand including vaneeza ahmed, strings, and a bunch of other pakistani fashion people. here is what they had 2 say:

Nabila

"It was so tacky,I left half way. There was no best dressed person. It was Neelam Ghar goes disco. The show lacked class. Style is like a religion and MTV means quality in all its genres. It was a desi version of MTV but I was offended."

Tariq Amin

"Quite entertaining and star packed. Rekha looked great as did Anil Kapoor...But no one really stood out in style. Bollywood style is get up, but they do know how to put up a SHOW."

Bilal of Strings

"Fantastic! Enjoyed each and every moment of it. I think Cyrus was the life of the show and I have never seen a better produced show in my life."

Nilofer Shahid

"I went with much expectations. I thought it would be grander. I liked some of the fashion bits. Manish Arora is daring. They're trendy, it's not like our shows. I liked what Rekha was wearing, it was elegant and hid her faults in chiffon layers. Hrithik was nothing special and was nothing dazzling on stage. Malaika is too Barbie doll; Bipasha is much more stunning. Sanjay was his usual self looking, Fardeen too."

Humayoun Khan

"Bhawna Sharma was gorgeous, Shilpa looked elegant and classy, Anil Kapoor younger than his years. Malaika was beautiful till her waist and Cyrus mimicked Tendulkar really well, but considering it was MTV, the show lacked the presence of musicians."

Saqib Malik

"The show was flashy and fun with the sheer star power casually carrying it through. But like most superslick Bollywood razzmatazz productions, it was searching for a soul. It had an identity but not one it was entirely comfortable with. Ultimately all that mattered to me was that I got to see Rekha in all her glory."

Tapu Javeri

"It was devoid of style. Bollywood fashion is not classy but OTT fashion.

Ather Hafeez

"It was too Bollywoodish and tacky in terms of style. The whole Indo–Pak needs to take enema to wash Bollywood out of their system!"

Posted 02 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
haven't heard of the ppl listed...damn i'm behind in Pak Showbiz
Posted 02 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
lol. they're all fashion people. don't know 'em either, but i've read their names alot.....
Posted 03 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
oh ite, thats why i was wonderin like why haven't i heard of em...
Posted 03 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
fashion down their sux!.............
Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
no seriously!.....western wannabeeeeeezzzzz......Rekha looks good!....i mean she reallly like LOOKZ GOOD...she is what 50 years old or something........anywayz....

Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
let them try their best, poor ppl, sanam u're being harsh on em...
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
no im not being harsh.....but they really dont know how to dress when it comes SHALWAR KAMEEZ or even like jeanz and crap!!!.....I MEAN Saris.....awsome choice... but shalwar kameez...GOD!..please no!...we dress better then them!....i have nothing against indians or anything like that .... but its true!!.....

im not saying everyone in INDIA has a bad taste but most of them do!...

but they have an awsome choice in saris!!!...yeah they do!.....

again i have nothing against indians!...alright!!...i luv ya guys!...
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
even LANGHAS!.......awsome choice....u know...but SHALWAR KAMEEZ......oh please....!!!
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
even the FAMOUSE designers of pakistan think they suck in fashion....its not only me!!....sorry!....
Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
well i guess u're right...

i would say, girls if u're a beauty i got two thumbs up for u all...dont matter wat u wear...
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
i can go on n on forever......but im not goona

yeah same here...i dont care how u dress or whatever...i dont judge people by the way they are dressed..u know what i mean...AS LONG AS UR nice..and stuff....thats all
Posted 04 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
sanam411 said:

no im not being harsh.....but they really dont know how to dress when it comes SHALWAR KAMEEZ or even like jeanz and crap!!!.....I MEAN Saris.....awsome choice... but shalwar kameez...GOD!..please no!...we dress better then them!....i have nothing against indians or anything like that .... but its true!!.....

im not saying everyone in INDIA has a bad taste but most of them do!...

but they have an awsome choice in saris!!!...yeah they do!.....

again i have nothing against indians!...alright!!...i luv ya guys!...

nice save sanam jee. LOL.
Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
sanam is learnin all from me
Posted 04 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
shahbash! u got a wicked teacher sanam jee, lol
Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
see sanam how lucky u are...
Posted 04 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
NO!,......YAS MY TEACHER...ur right~....

hez learning from me.......

see yas how lucky u r!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...
Posted 04 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
chalo jaisa tumhe sahi lagay, doctors ne mujhay bataya hai ke tumhari haan mein haan milane mein hee achchai hai..
Posted 04 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says

poor sanam jee.
Posted 05 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
Posted 05 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
PAGAL YAS ADMIN!!!!......

sure haan mein haan!.......sure what ever u say man!...... <<<<, YAS JEE ADMIN!
Posted 06 Nov 2004

2HOT4U says
wow...
no comments.
Posted 06 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
ok sanam u're right
Posted 06 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
yeah!.....
Posted 06 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
yup
can't stop
can't stop
Posted 07 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
yeahh pagal larka!!

yeah the only famous designer that i know of in pakistan is SOBIA NAZIR...i dont know if she is famous...shez a good designer....she designed my clothes for my uncles wedding....OMG!....I LOOKED LIKE A PRINCESS....hehe!!....naa!..she really is a good designer.....i dont think she is that famous...her house was beautiful....she lives in ISLAMABAD...really nice house.....she was telling me how she has worked with AMNA HAQ AND VANEEZA..AND ALL those famous freakin models...anywayz she was nice!.....acha TO HAM CHAL TEH HAIN!...SEE YA ALLL LATER!....

Posted 07 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
lol..aap ka experiece sun kar khushi hui...
Posted 07 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
yeshh!! thank ya!....GOD IM HUNGRY!.......one more week for eid...cant wait......uypppppiiiieeeeeee!
Posted 07 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
can't wait to get free money
Posted 08 Nov 2004

sanam411 says
hahah SAME HERE!.....im watchin INDIA'S BEST.....its a funny show!!!!.......anywayz!.....how u doin yas!..howz life!!....howz UNCLE AND AUNTY!!!!...sigh!!..gotta goo!!....see ya!
Posted 08 Nov 2004

Reply to Topic