Pak Vs India

873 views 9 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

Shoaib Akhtar and Mohammad Sami, both of whom missed the recent Test against Sri Lanka for fitness reasons, have been named in the Pakistan squad that will travel to India to play in a one-day international at Kolkata on November 13. The match is being held to celebrate the Platinum Jubilee of the Board of Control for Cricket in India.

The only surprise in the team was the exclusion of Yasir Hameed, with Aamer Bashir being selected in his place. The 32-year-old Bashir is a right-hand batsman from Bahawalpur, and has been in stirring form the last couple of seasons for Multan, who he captains. Taufeeq Umar also made a comeback to the team.

Interestingly, according to The Dawn, conflicting reasons were given for Hameed's sacking. Wasim Bari, the chief selector, said that Hameed had been dropped for his poor form in the recent series against Sri Lanka. Meanwhile, Inzamam-ul-Haq, the team's captain, said that Hameed was merely being rested so that he would be fresh for the series against Australia later this year.

Squad Imran Farhat, Taufeeq Umar, Shoaib Malik, Inzamam-ul-Haq (capt), Yousuf Youhana, Abdul Razzaq, Shahid Afridi, Kamran Akmal (wk), Mohammad Sami, Naved-ul-Hasan, Shoaib Akhtar, Younis Khan, Salman Butt, Riaz Afridi, Aamer Bashir.

Posted 06 Nov 2004

lets see kiya hota hai although i didn't understand why hameed has been dropped and also didn't impressed by the selection of riaz afridi.
Posted 06 Nov 2004

en ki kabhi samaj nahi ati
Posted 07 Nov 2004

~Fragi~ says
butt was on fire yaar
Posted 15 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
taufeek umar is goin for a duck, lets bet on it, he sucks...

Yasir Hameed could've been a way better choice...

i got my hopes on, afridi, shoaib akhter inzi n youhana n sami...
Posted 15 Nov 2004

BiKeR says
shoaib is useless
Posted 23 Nov 2004

as like u?
Posted 27 Nov 2004

BiKeR says
yes like me,he's useless creature on earth
Posted 28 Nov 2004

salman butt ko nikal diya..taufeeq kya karega who is amer bashir...why are they testing new players on aus?? yasie hameed??
Posted 29 Nov 2004

BiKeR says
give wasim akram a chance maybe?
Posted 02 Dec 2004

Reply to Topic