Joe Montana Jersey

109 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
yudan18

Total Posts: 0

In his latest peak performance Adrian Peterson Jersey , Luis Severino took matters into his own hands – and glove.
Severino jumped to steal away a popup from catcher Gary Sanchez while pitching eight sharp innings, leading the New York Yankees over the Tampa Bay
Rays 4-1 Saturday.
”He didn’t say, `I got it’ and I was there,” Severino quipped. ”So you know I went for the ball. . He said, `You took it from my glove.”’
Giancarlo Stanton and Sanchez hit back-to-back home runs as New York won for the 13th time in 16 games. It was the Rays’ 18th loss in 22 games at Yankee
Stadium.
Severino (10-2) simply overwhelmed a weak-hitting Rays lineup that has produced just one run over its last 21 innings. The 24-year-old righty gave up
three hits, struck out nine and walked two, tying Cleveland’s Corey Kluber for
the AL win lead.
Severino showed off other talents, too.
In the fifth, Carlos Gomez led off with a popup high above the plate. As Sanchez looked into the sun trying to find the ball, Severino sprung off the
mound. They were next to each other, slightly in foul ground, when Severino
leaped to catch the ball, right above Sanchez’s mitt.
Took it right away from his best friend on the team Eddie Vanderdoes Jersey , in fact.
”I tried to block it a little bit more with the glove. I found the ball, I was in a good spot and I had it right there,” Sanchez said. ”And I was surprised
when I heard the steps. I think it was an instinct of his. He tried to assure
his out.”
Sanchez gave Severino a look, perhaps wondering why the pitcher came into the picture, before they went back to work.
Said Aaron Judge: ”He’s an athlete out there. I think he is trying to win a Gold Glove.”
The play on Gomez came during a stretch of 11 straight batters Severino retired before Joey Wendle singled with two outs in the seventh. Severino then
threw a 99 mph fastball past Gomez to strike him out.
Severino was perfect in the eighth, and Chasen Shreve relieved to begin the ninth.
Matt Duffy hit a leadoff homer against Shreve and homered for just the fourth time this year, cutting the lead 4-1, and Jake Bauers followed with a triple
that bounced out of center fielder Aaron Hicks‘ glove.
Yankees closer Aroldis Chapman then set down the next three batters for his 20th save in 21 chances.
The Rays have lost 12 of their last 16 games and have one more game in the Bronx on Sunday before continuing their seven-game road trip Monday with three
games at defending champion Houston.
”No matter what stage, rebuild or expected to win or whatever, losing always tends to be something that is not fun,” Duffy said. ”We have some adjustments to
make.”
New York has won Severino’s last 12 starts going back to Sept. 3. During that span, he is 9-0 with an 1.75 ERA.
Aaron Boone has gotten accustomed to it since taking over as the Yankees manager.
”Obviously, any time he goes I feel great about it Doug Flutie Jersey ,” Boone said. ”He’s a great pitcher. He’s establishing himself as one of the best in the game and he gave us a lot today.”
New York didn’t fare too well against Ryne Stanek, who allowed a hit and struck out one over 1 1/3 scoreless inning on Tampa Bay’s designated ”bullpen
day.”
Ryan Yarbrough (5-3) gave up a run in the second on rookie Gleyber Torres‘ two-out double. Didi Gregorius hit an RBI single in the third.
Stanton connected in the fifth for his 16th home run. Four pitches later, Sanchez hit his 13th homer over the center field fence – that snapped a
homerless streak of 66 at-bats dating to May 19.
ROSTER MOVES
Prior to the game, the Yankees acquired 2B Wendell Rijo to complete the May 25 trade that sent C Erik Kratz to Milwaukee. The 22-year-old will report to
Single-A Tampa. Rijo was hitting .200 with four homers and 14 RBI in 32 games
for Double-A Biloxi in the Southern League.
MO-MENTUM
Yankees prospect Jonathan Loaisiga felt honored by the glowing remarks Rays manager Kevin Cash made after the 23-year-old debuted Friday night with a win,
throwing five scoreless innings while striking out six while walking four.
Cash compared the Nicaraguan rookie to Mariano Rivera, baseball’s all-time saves leader, but joked he was hopeful that Loaisiga wouldn’t develop the same
devastating cutter that the former Yankees closer owned.
”I think that comment is something very flattering because to mention Mariano, you’re talking about a superstar and someone who was historic,” said
Loaisiga, adding that he had never met the future Hall of Famer from Panama. ”I
think that it’s something that almost too good.”
UP NEXT
Yankees veteran lefty CC Sabathia (4-1, 3.27 ERA) will try to win his third straight start Sunday. For the second consecutive game, Tampa Bay ”start” a
reliever, this time Wilmer Font (0-1 Chandler Catanzaro Jersey , 6.87 ERA).
NEW YORK — The last time Giancarlo Stanton stood in front of his locker at Yankee Stadium, he was in a testy mood with the line of questioning after a
rough day at the plate.
Two days later, Stanton was in a much better mood, especially when he discussed the poise the young hitters batting behind him are showing.
It was on display Tuesday when the Yankees cruised to a 7-2 win over the Seattle Mariners on a night when rookies Miguel Andujar and Gleyber Torres hit
their ninth and 14th homers, respectively.
Now Stanton and his young teammates get a chance at winning another series Wednesday night when the Yankees host the Mariners in the middle game of a
three-game set.
The Yankees are 15-4 in their last 19 games after Stanton followed up a four-hit night in Washington by homering on the first pitch he saw. Then he
watched as Andujar blasted a two-run homer and Torres hit a solo shot, giving
the Yankees the chance to clinch their 16th series victory since April 19 on
Wednesday.
“Seeing the guys and playing with them, I’m not surprised by what they can do,” Stanton said. “But the way they’ve been able to do it and keep doing it is
cool to see.”
Andujar is on the verge of becoming the seventh Yankee to hit double figures in home runs. His homer snapped a 0-for-14 skid and was his 35th extra-base hit,
the third-most by a Yankee in his first 65 games behind Bob Meusel (41) and Hall
of Famer Joe DiMaggio (47).
Torres has four homers in his last 10 games and his latest home run occurred in his 50th game, matching Aaron Judge for the third-fastest in team history.
Only Gary Sanchez (19) and Kevin Maas (15) did it faster and Torres leads all
first-year players with 14 homers and 35 RBIs.
“They’re very well rounded and they keep proving it,” Stanton said.
While the Yankees were marveling at more production from their youth, the Mariners are hoping to avoid losing three straight games for the first time
since April 17-19 against the Houston Astros. The Mariners (46-27) are on their
first losing streak since May 29-30 and are 37-19 since they last dropped three
in a row.
The Mariners matched a season low by mustering two hits and went hitless in 20 straight at-bats at one point.
“The key on the road, is you have to play really good defense and you have to hit Brandon Carr Jersey ,” Seattle manager Scott Servais said before the game. “It’s hard to win the 1-0 game, 2-1 game. We’ve won a couple of them but it’s not
easy. It’s not a formula you want to subscribe to often.”
Nelson Cruz homered and has seven in his last 10 games and eight in his last 13 contests.
“We’re going to play our game,” Cruz said. “Things didn’t turn out the way we wanted it to. We’ll come back positive tomorrow and try to make things
better.”
After getting a rough outing from Marco Gonzales Tuesday, the Mariners will hope to rebound with Felix Hernandez on the mound.
Hernandez (6-6, 5.44 ERA) will start Wednesday after losing his last two starts. He allowed six runs (five earned) in three innings of a 7-3 loss at
Tampa Bay on June 9 but took a tough 2-1 loss to the Boston Red Sox after
allowing two hits on eight hits in seven innings on Thursday.
Hernandez has pitched at least five innings and allowed three runs or less in nine of 15 starts this season.
Hernandez is 10-7 with a 3.04 ERA in 21 career starts, including four complete games against the Yankees. In New York, he is 7-2 with a 2.00 ERA in 11
starts, including a 6-1 record with a 1.41 ERA in nine starts at the current
Yankee Stadium.
Since Aug. 4, 2012, he is 3-0 with a 1.36 ERA in five starts at Yankee Stadium.
Jonathan Loaisiga will make his second start in place of Masahiro Tanaka (hamstring). He picked up the win in his major league debut Friday against the
Tampa Bay Rays when he allowed three hits in five innings of a 5-0 win.
Loaisiga was the 11th pitcher (eighth starter) in Yankees history to go at least five innings in his major league debut and only the second since 1943. The
other was Sam Militello in 1992.
Loaisiga was the first native of Nicaragua to appear for the Yankees and the 15th Nicaraguan to appear in the major leagues.
The Yankees are 8-2 in the last 10 meetings with the Mariners.
Womens Frank Ragnow Jersey
Posted 18 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic