David Bakhtiari Jersey

434 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
elaine95

Total Posts: 0

It isn’t very often that Alex Bregman whiffs on two straight fastballs Nicklas Backstrom Jersey , so when he did so in the ninth inning on Wednesday it left Houston’s third baseman a bit upset.
Fortunately for the Astros, he took out that aggression on the next pitch, connecting for a two-run homer that completed a big rally to lift Houston to a
7-6 win over the Toronto Blue Jays.
It was Bregman’s third straight game with a homer and it capped a huge comeback for the Astros, who trailed 5-0 in the middle of the first inning after
a terrible start by Dallas Keuchel.
The Astros trailed by one when Tony Kemp singled off Ryan Tepera (5-3) with no outs in the ninth and advanced to second on a wild pitch. Then with one out
in the inning, Bregman sent a fastball to left field, where it bounced off the
wall above the Crawford Boxes, to give Houston the victory.
”That was the first guy I’ve swung and missed two straight fastballs on this year I think besides (Luis) Severino,” Bregman said. ”So it kind of ticked me
off.”
Manager A.J. Hinch wasn’t surprised that Bregman came through for his team.
”For him to be able to stay calm in the moment, we’ve seen this – Alex Bregman, game on the line, ice in his veins,” Hinch said.
Bregman also doubled twice on Wednesday after hitting a homer and doubling three times in a win on Tuesday night.
”I don’t know how many hits Bregman had this series but he had too many,” Toronto manager John Gibbons said.
Will Harris (3-3) allowed one hit in a scoreless ninth for the win.
Gibbons was frustrated that his team let this one get away.
”That’s probably my low point this year because you’ve got it right there,” he said. ”Those are the teams you want to beat. I think what magnifies that is
anytime you get a 5-0 lead that’s what gets you.”
After the Blue Jays took a 5-0 lead in the first David Bakhtiari Jersey , Houston scored three in the bottom of the first to close the gap and got within one Evan Gattis‘ RBI double in the fifth. But
Kevin Pillar singled and scored on an error in the sixth to make it 6-4.
Marwin Gonzalez snapped an 0 for 23 slump with a solo shot to the bullpen in right-center off Tyler Clippard with two outs in the eighth inning to cut the
lead to one.
The Blue Jays jumped on Keuchel immediately a day after being shut out for the fifth time this season in a 7-0 loss. Randal Grichuk hit a leadoff double
followed by a walk by Teoscar Hernandez. Yangervis Solarte made it 1-0 with an
RBI double before Keuchel walked Steve Pearce.
Hernandez scored on a sacrifice fly by Kendrys Morales before Pillar made it 3-0 with a run-scoring single.
Another RBI single, this one on a grounder by Aledmys Diaz, pushed the lead to 4-0 before Luke Maile’s sacrifice fly made it 5-0.
Toronto starter Marco Estrada allowed seven hits and four runs – three earned – in five innings.
Keuchel, the 2015 AL Cy Young Award winner who hadn’t allowed an earned run in his past two starts, gave up seven hits and six runs in 5 1/3 innings.
Evan Gattis doubled twice and drove in three runs to give him 30 RBIs this month, which is a franchise record for RBIs in June.
Keuchel settled down after his terrible first inning, allowing just one baserunner over the next four innings. But Pillar, who singled in the third
inning, hit another single with one out in the sixth before a single by
Diaz.
Keuchel walked Maile to load the bases and Toronto extended the lead to 6-4 when Devon Travis reached and Pillar scored on an error by Jose Altuve.
”Just a tremendous job of staying the course. Not getting too mad at himself. Not getting too frustrated and just putting up zeros to allow us to make it a
game,” Hinch said.
TRAINER’S ROOM
Astros: SS Carlos Correa sat out for the second straight day with a sore back. Hinch said the problem isn’t serious but he wants to give him time to
rest. … RHP Joe Smith (right elbow inflammation) threw a bullpen on Wednesday
and will likely begin a rehabilitation assignment this weekend.
Gibbons managed his 1,500th game on Wednesday. He’s managed the second-most games in Blue Jays history behind the 1,764 games that Cito Gaston managed. He
is 757-743 in his career, which leaves him in 11th place for wins among active
managers.
Gibbons Authentic Robert Griffin III Jersey , who is in his second stint as Toronto’s manager, has been at the helm since 2013.
UP NEXT
Blue Jays: Toronto is off on Thursday before opening a four-game series against the Tigers on Friday with Marcus Stroman (0-5, 6.80 ERA) on the mound.
Stroman allowed six hits in five scoreless innings in his return from the
disabled list in his previous start.
Astros: Lance McCullers (8-3, 3.82) will start for Houston in the first of four games at Tampa on Thursday night. McCullers allowed four hits and three
runs while fanning nine in six innings in his previous outing.

PHILADELPHIA (AP) Carson Wentz is trusting the process.
The Philadelphia Eagles quarterback didn’t participate in 11-on-11 drills for the third straight practice for precautionary reasons after taking part the
first three days.
”Just have to listen to what the doctors and coaches are saying. Just trust that plan,” Wentz said Wednesday.
Coach Doug Pederson emphasized that Wentz hasn’t suffered any setbacks. He said he’s encouraged by Wentz’s recovery from surgery to repair a torn left ACL
last December. Wentz again was on the field for the 7-on-7 portion of
practice.
”I’m very encouraged with where he’s at,” Pederson said. ”What I saw last week is enough to ease my mind. I don’t need to see him in 11-on-11 drills right
now. He’s progressing extremely well. I don’t want to subject him to any setback
or anything like that. I want to keep him progressing and moving forward. Those
couple of days that we had with him (last week) were very exciting, very
encouraging for me.”
Wentz said he feels great physically and understands that the medical staff wants to keep him in a controlled environment. He still hasn’t been cleared for
contact. His goal is to be ready for Week 1 when the defending Super Bowl
champions host the Atlanta Falcons on Sept. 6.
”I’m sticking to my goal. Again, I can’t say with 100 percent certainty it’s going to be,” Wentz said. ”Ever since the injury, we’ve been saying it’s a fluid
process. Some days you’re feeling better than other days. Could there be some
change in plan? For sure. But this is part of the plan right now, so we’re
sticking to it.”
Super Bowl MVP Nick Foles gives the Eagles no reason to rush Wentz.

Posted 11 Oct 2018

Reply to Topic