WELL THEY DO COPY FACT

3802 views 39 replies
Reply to Topic
Hoppo

Total Posts: 218

Bollywood do copy some of lolly music such as pop and films.
They dont have nothing fresh bcoz nearly all of there movies are hollywoods. I have heard some songs they have copied such as Ibrar ul haqs Sanu tera nal pyar hogiya this was copied in a movie also songs fron choorian. I think bolly wallas are runnin out of ideas soon. Lolly ppl do copy as well but not that much now days as better brighter music and movies are bein made. Also I think lolly models e,g the hot zara , amna haq are way better looking and dont smell like those anti muslim smelly hindus. So thats what I think.
Posted 14 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
lol. i agree with hoppo. lol.
Posted 14 Aug 2003

STANDARD says
I totally agree with u.u r telling the truth.
But I dont know most of pakistani people without reason criticize our movie,whether movies are good or not,but these people never critize bollywood movie badness.We should be neutral about movies and no emotional attachment of any movie whether movies are superhit or actor is superstar.
Posted 15 Aug 2003

time to face reality- tere pyar mein was a low budgeted, deprived movie. compare that to gadar which was a lavish mega starrer. if personal feelings be detatched gadar was a far superior movie than tere pyaar mein. i have many sikh friends and when i told em about the movie ' ladki punjabaan ' they just smirked at teh fact that no indian girl would ever marry a pakistani guy and go to a regressive deprived place like pakistan where women are treated like shit . their argument is that india rocks as a place and so does the indian new generation and which girl in a right frame of mind would chuck allthe glamour and perks of a place like india and go to an uneventful place like pakistan. insulting but true
Posted 22 Aug 2003

scotchtape says
yeah, india is a great society.
just last month a nine year old girl got married to a dog.
How progressive!

secondly, the budget of a movie doesn't matter. What matters is if the story is good and the production is handled well.
Gadar was a stupid movie. THe stupid dialogue, i still remember it:
"mein seva karnay ko teyar hoon. or mein eik do thappar bhe kha loon gi"(i am willing to serve you and i am willing to get slaps from you)LOLOLOLOLOL
A stupid person who beats up the whole pakistani army by himself.
A rich pakistani muslim girl who gets married to a stupid poor and best of all SIKH guy. I am sorry, i'd rather die than do that.
a lavish mega starrer?? who cares? right now the pakistani movie starring kiron kher won awards at the locarno festival. It wasn't a megastarrer, nor was it a big budget movie. what it did was make sense, which not a lot of bollywood movies do.

PS springstepper why dont you stick to the bollywood section.

Posted 23 Aug 2003

the pakistani movie that won the award at locarno was indeed made by a pakistani woman, but she my friend has been livin in new delhi with her sri lankan husband for 10 years.lol sabeeha is a known figure in the indian movie circles.and as far as gadar is concerned and one guy beating up the whole pakistani army - i think it s pretty realistic.lol
Posted 23 Aug 2003

the pakistani movie that won the award at locarno was indeed made by a pakistani woman, but she my friend has been livin in new delhi with her sri lankan husband for 10 years.lol sabeeha is a known figure in the indian movie circles.and as far as gadar is concerned and one guy beating up the whole pakistani army - i think it s pretty realistic.lol
Posted 23 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
i agree with scotchtape!

who gives a rats ass where the director lives???? lol. she's pakistani, the movie was pakistani and it won an award. end of story.
Posted 23 Aug 2003

STANDARD says
this indian guy disturb very much,this is not fighting forum,so notice for this man activity...
Posted 23 Aug 2003

scotchtape says
well, if the director calls herself pakistani then she is pakistani no matter where she lives.
SpringStripper should be banned. He's been trying very hard to start fights here.

And if india is soo good, why dont you go to indian forums to say that, why are you hell bent on annoying us.
Posted 23 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
once again mr. ydakh and scotchtape are right.

u wanna talk abt backwards socities tho (since springstepper threw the first punch, as india always does, its only fair we retaliate)...a girl marrying a dog??? LOL. combine this with the outstanding article brought up by 'SHHH' and you can throw springstepper's theory/view on pakistan being restricive and regressive right out the window!!

Posted 23 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
....backwards *societies*
Posted 23 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
....backwards *societies*
Posted 23 Aug 2003

naaah u cant cause who gives a f**k about what the uneducated poor people of both our countries do. keep that aside . lets talk middle class and upwards. what ever socioeconomic class anybody in ur land of pure belongs to- they are still holding on to the outdated religious beliefs that forbids everything . imagine stayin celibate all ur life cause u ll get 40 virgina after u r dead. lol lol or is it 45.
Posted 24 Aug 2003

MR PERFECT says
even tho what u just said doesn't even deserve an answer, i'll say this much....

i'd rather wait or die trying, than marry a dog as indians evidently do.
Posted 24 Aug 2003

come to bombay and find some sexy babe nfak, i promise u ll be indulged - if u dont disclose u r from pakistan.lol
Posted 24 Aug 2003

Bollywood calling

With each new film Bollywood is said to be taking a step towards a better, more enlightened cinema. So is our industry still competing with the one across the divide or should we just hand over the title of 'Big B' to Bollywood

By Shahzareah Husain

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and so goes the adage. But in the case of celluloid development watching Reema and Meera do their umpteenth latka and jhatka one cannot help but feel pangs of envy as Bollywood trots ahead to the finish line.

Now my argument to any friendly neighbour has always been that if we had the sort of funding from generous benefactors we too would be producing classics. But taking just this year as an example, the stark reality emerging is that it is not just the money but also the creativity that is slowly erasing the formula of boy and girl dancing around trees and introducing something that can appeal even to an intelligent mind. Previously Hollywood were reluctant to acknowledge Indian cinema but with Devdas and other big projects having made it to Cannes and back, equations have changed. And the non-resident Indian cinema wooing the bilingual audience through Bend it Like Beckham and Monsoon Wedding suddenly, the developed side of the world now seems to be in full know how of the Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi tussle over the stunning Aishwarya!

Dreams Unlimited's Chalte Chalte is one of the biggest hits of the year. Using the same theme as Saathiya it explores life after marriage instead of rolling credits using the wedding scene as the background. The emerging genres impose responsibility on the existing scenarios to reappear after a major over hauling. Ishq Vishq Pyar Vyar was not the first movie to have been based around a college campus. Many onscreen triangles have been etched on that frame but what made this movie was not just the natural look adopted by the actors, but also issues such as teenage sex which seems to be a more pressing issue than avenging your father's death.

Natural has given way to supernatural. From the songless Bhoot that succeeded in living up to its tag line and causing one sleepless night atleast to Darna Mana Hai in which six short stories are narrated under one canopy and by the looks of it the concept appealed so much to the viewers that its sequel Darna Zaroori Hai is on its way to the cinema houses.

Even the most diehard Indian movie followers were sceptical of Koi Mil Gaya being a solid hit. Rumours ranged from Hrithik being the alien to the spaceship carrying him off to the fifth or sixth planet - projecting it as a film that might not click with the Indian audience at the end of the day. But international expertise as well as a mind blowing performance by Hrithik himself has succeeded in quashing all such doubts and as the Roshan clan make their way merrily to the bank they can be rest assured that this experimental venture will be regarded as ground breaker for years to come. Sure the alien and the last song 'Hai Allah' are tacky but the rest of it is at least a good effort in terms of science-fiction.

The fact that India and Pakistan despite sharing the same history and the same resources in the past have turned out to be so different from each other as far as cinematic values are concerned, maybe reasoned with the oft-repeated justification that singing and dancing are part of their culture - and we have always been told by the conservative elements to suppress our creative urges headed in that direction. But whatever the excuse, fact is that post Laagan there seems to be no looking back. Bollywood which was supposed to have gone Hollywood, is not only borrowing from - but lending generously its elements to the more developed industry of Hollywood. Hence it doesn't come as a surprise when a Naseeruddin Shah makes an extraordinary appearance in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or when Heather Graham and Jimi Mistry, dance to the tunes of Indian music in The Guru.

The forthcoming Mumbai Se Ayaa Mera Dost deals with a similar rural theme though its issue (electricity) is more current than land tax. Some films such as Armaan despite a very talented team failed to work at the box office. Reasons could be the slow pace or that fact that promos had revealed it all before release but just as with Dhoop Kinare PTV introduced its audience to life inside a hospital; Bollywood via Honey Irani's script took you in to the life of medical practitioners and the effort should be admired simply because it was unchartered territory previously.

The war or patriotic sagas continue with films ranging from the below mediocre Jaal and Hero to J.P Dutta's LOC which is the final installation of his patriotic trilogy (the earlier ones being Border and Refugee). Most of them are biased and dialogues often lack grey matter in them but unfortunately we continue to make the same mistake in Lollywood time and again as well.

Item and stage numbers remain and heroines are still treated as sex symbols more often than not, but using Preity Zinta's role as an example in Koi Mil Gaya, where she is more of a protector than a girlfriend, the tide is turning slowly. Sexuality remains a selling factor but with films like Jism using it as the principal theme it no longer needs to be covered in lashes of rain or be symbolised by the images of birds and bees.

The Pakistani government has recently reinforced the ban on Indian cable channels, the reason perhaps to protect us from being brainwashed by the culture of saas bahu and etcetera - unfortunately not too unlike ours. But what is ignored is that sales of tapes and DVDs escalate nevertheless. Little girls will still dance to a Kareena number at a mehndi and people will spend Sunday night watching one action hero or the other take on ten men at the same time.

Two separate nations with different ideologies and identities yet many cultural similarities. But even if the films that they make may be as different from each other as chalk from cheese, we share similar audiences at least for our creations. So while Salman romances with Bhumika Chawla in the latest Tere Naam and our audience getting vicarious thrills watching it, So much for the change in hearts and minds.

Posted 24 Aug 2003

Bollywood calling

With each new film Bollywood is said to be taking a step towards a better, more enlightened cinema. So is our industry still competing with the one across the divide or should we just hand over the title of 'Big B' to Bollywood

By Shahzareah Husain

The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence and so goes the adage. But in the case of celluloid development watching Reema and Meera do their umpteenth latka and jhatka one cannot help but feel pangs of envy as Bollywood trots ahead to the finish line.

Now my argument to any friendly neighbour has always been that if we had the sort of funding from generous benefactors we too would be producing classics. But taking just this year as an example, the stark reality emerging is that it is not just the money but also the creativity that is slowly erasing the formula of boy and girl dancing around trees and introducing something that can appeal even to an intelligent mind. Previously Hollywood were reluctant to acknowledge Indian cinema but with Devdas and other big projects having made it to Cannes and back, equations have changed. And the non-resident Indian cinema wooing the bilingual audience through Bend it Like Beckham and Monsoon Wedding suddenly, the developed side of the world now seems to be in full know how of the Salman Khan and Vivek Oberoi tussle over the stunning Aishwarya!

Dreams Unlimited's Chalte Chalte is one of the biggest hits of the year. Using the same theme as Saathiya it explores life after marriage instead of rolling credits using the wedding scene as the background. The emerging genres impose responsibility on the existing scenarios to reappear after a major over hauling. Ishq Vishq Pyar Vyar was not the first movie to have been based around a college campus. Many onscreen triangles have been etched on that frame but what made this movie was not just the natural look adopted by the actors, but also issues such as teenage sex which seems to be a more pressing issue than avenging your father's death.

Natural has given way to supernatural. From the songless Bhoot that succeeded in living up to its tag line and causing one sleepless night atleast to Darna Mana Hai in which six short stories are narrated under one canopy and by the looks of it the concept appealed so much to the viewers that its sequel Darna Zaroori Hai is on its way to the cinema houses.

Even the most diehard Indian movie followers were sceptical of Koi Mil Gaya being a solid hit. Rumours ranged from Hrithik being the alien to the spaceship carrying him off to the fifth or sixth planet - projecting it as a film that might not click with the Indian audience at the end of the day. But international expertise as well as a mind blowing performance by Hrithik himself has succeeded in quashing all such doubts and as the Roshan clan make their way merrily to the bank they can be rest assured that this experimental venture will be regarded as ground breaker for years to come. Sure the alien and the last song 'Hai Allah' are tacky but the rest of it is at least a good effort in terms of science-fiction.

The fact that India and Pakistan despite sharing the same history and the same resources in the past have turned out to be so different from each other as far as cinematic values are concerned, maybe reasoned with the oft-repeated justification that singing and dancing are part of their culture - and we have always been told by the conservative elements to suppress our creative urges headed in that direction. But whatever the excuse, fact is that post Laagan there seems to be no looking back. Bollywood which was supposed to have gone Hollywood, is not only borrowing from - but lending generously its elements to the more developed industry of Hollywood. Hence it doesn't come as a surprise when a Naseeruddin Shah makes an extraordinary appearance in The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen or when Heather Graham and Jimi Mistry, dance to the tunes of Indian music in The Guru.

The forthcoming Mumbai Se Ayaa Mera Dost deals with a similar rural theme though its issue (electricity) is more current than land tax. Some films such as Armaan despite a very talented team failed to work at the box office. Reasons could be the slow pace or that fact that promos had revealed it all before release but just as with Dhoop Kinare PTV introduced its audience to life inside a hospital; Bollywood via Honey Irani's script took you in to the life of medical practitioners and the effort should be admired simply because it was unchartered territory previously.

The war or patriotic sagas continue with films ranging from the below mediocre Jaal and Hero to J.P Dutta's LOC which is the final installation of his patriotic trilogy (the earlier ones being Border and Refugee). Most of them are biased and dialogues often lack grey matter in them but unfortunately we continue to make the same mistake in Lollywood time and again as well.

Item and stage numbers remain and heroines are still treated as sex symbols more often than not, but using Preity Zinta's role as an example in Koi Mil Gaya, where she is more of a protector than a girlfriend, the tide is turning slowly. Sexuality remains a selling factor but with films like Jism using it as the principal theme it no longer needs to be covered in lashes of rain or be symbolised by the images of birds and bees.

The Pakistani government has recently reinforced the ban on Indian cable channels, the reason perhaps to protect us from being brainwashed by the culture of saas bahu and etcetera - unfortunately not too unlike ours. But what is ignored is that sales of tapes and DVDs escalate nevertheless. Little girls will still dance to a Kareena number at a mehndi and people will spend Sunday night watching one action hero or the other take on ten men at the same time.

Two separate nations with different ideologies and identities yet many cultural similarities. But even if the films that they make may be as different from each other as chalk from cheese, we share similar audiences at least for our creations. So while Salman romances with Bhumika Chawla in the latest Tere Naam and our audience getting vicarious thrills watching it, So much for the change in hearts and minds.

Posted 24 Aug 2003

K LONG COMMET
Posted 28 Aug 2003

hindu banchod go f**k shri krishna
Posted 29 Aug 2003

STANDARD says
[uzi]ohohoh...dont go to abuses here,notice for admin!!!!!!!!!!!!
Posted 29 Aug 2003

naaah i d play the good samaritan and concentre on ur maryams and salmas instead .that ll be my good deed for the day cause they are deprived and need a real ***k lol haha
Posted 29 Aug 2003

hey springstepper leave dis forum plzzzz.....everybody luvs their country no matter wat....and its not important4 us to make movies like bollywood do we are muslims and i guess one day we will be competing with u guyz not rite now later so plzzzzzzzz leave dis forum go to bollywood and by da way r u mus or hindue(lol)jus asking dont mind and wat u think is happening in india rite now huh did u ever went to gujrat did u every heard some muslim babies got burned cuz da hindues threw them in fire and did u ever saw da problems in kashmir da way indian forces are killing innocent people heyyyyy some indians have black hearts stupid ass****s huh u indians even burned mosques and eve holy book if u guys are truly religous y do u do dat to other culture u have to understand everybody luv their countries well i have indian friends and i really luv to know their culture i never insult them and i wont even think about it its jus disgusting wat u guyz are doing in Gujrat....well leave dis forum now plzzzz dont indult our culture....bye
Posted 29 Aug 2003

springstepper pai sab tars khao,,, seeems like he had a really abusing past
Posted 29 Aug 2003

springstepper pai sab tars khao,,, seeems like he had a really abusing past
Posted 29 Aug 2003

all he talks abt is,,, his stupid bunch of iindian pethetic friends lagta hai un kai paisey par reh raha hai,,hahahaha
Posted 29 Aug 2003

did anyone knew abt the song in chalte chalte '' toba tumharay ye isharay,,, this is a paki song ,, sung in an old movie of pakistan,, en copied by the indians... the worst thing is u all know alot abt indian stuff,, no one knows wat happens at the back of the curtons,,,, 1950 or 60's kai pakistani songs aajkal india mein copy hotay hai elas no one knows that coz we are always pushed to backwards,,
Posted 29 Aug 2003

tarar786 says
yeah tu sab ko patta hai kay hum India aur pakitstani sab copy maar hain.
Posted 29 Aug 2003

spring ko jutay maro tars na khao :))main kuri pakistani in action :P
Posted 29 Aug 2003

abe pakistan ke shahrukh khan ,lol tu wohi hai na jo masjid ke bahar se jute le kar bhaag jaata hai. saale chappal chor.lol
Posted 30 Aug 2003

teri maa hindu chod
Posted 30 Aug 2003

Reply to Topic