Xi stresses enhancing rock

401 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
DMT

Total Posts: 0

by Keren Setton

JERUSALEM Cheap Under Armour Basketball Shoes , June 25 (Xinhua) -- Although Jews and Arabs live together in Israel, they are largely estranged from each other and unaware of
each others' customs and traditions.

But the Association for the Advancement of Civic Equity in Israel, better known as Sikkuy, aims to change the situation by bringing Israeli Jews into Arab
cities and showing them the real daily life there.

Shireen Mahajna, a tour guide of a group of Israeli visitors, was humorously explaining the customs of Ramadan to them.

"One cannot eat, drink Cheap Under Armour Running Shoes , smoke or have sex during the fast," she told them.

"I wonder what they go and do first," a female Jewish participant chuckled. For her and many Jews, it was the first time that they were being exposed to the
intricate details of the holy month observed by Muslims.

The group of about 50 people, mostly Israelis and also including some foreign students in Israel, were listening to Mahajna intently. They seemed fascinated
about everything around.

"I feel like I have missed out on something. How can it be that during all these years I have never entered Umm el-Fahem?" said Hemda Drabkin from Tel
Aviv.

Umm el-Fahem, the city she and others were visiting Cheap Under Armour Shoes , is the second largest Arab-Israeli city in the country.

Situated between the Palestinian city of Jenin and the Israeli cities of Haifa and Afula, it has an image of a problematic city, home to the northern
branch of the radical Islamic Movement in Israel.

The organization is considered a violent offshoot of the outlawed Muslim Brotherhood and is led by Raed Salah, former mayor of Umm el-Fahem.

Salah was recently released from prison. He has been found guilty of inciting violence by Israeli courts more than once.

The majority of the people in city, however, are leading peaceful daily lives, which is exactly what Sikkuy is trying to show.

"On some level Under Armour Mens Shoes Outelt , even though rationally I knew there was no problem, there was some fear about coming here," said Dikla Lerner, a female visitor who is a
teacher from nearby Kibbutz.

"Through tourism, a lot can be done. Bringing people closer, getting them acquainted with our customs, our places Under Armour Womens Shoes Outelt , letting them in our homes, visit us, eat our foods and meet people. That actually lessens the gap between the two populations,"
said Mahajna.

As the sun went down, the group was taken to the rooftop of a building under construction, a breathtaking vantage point where the whole city can be seen.

Traffic on one of the streets below was heavy. Mahajna explained that people were rushing to a bakery to buy bread before they headed to homes to break the
fast.

"Thirty seconds after the Muezzin will announce the fast is over, you will see the road empty in a flash Under Armour Scorpio Shoes Outelt ," she said laughing.

True to her word, it did and the group laughed with her.

After that, they headed to the home of Muhammed and Manal Karaman, who have a restaurant on the entrance floor of their house. Tables were set with white
plates and bowls were filled with traditional Middle Eastern delicacies.

Manal introduced each dish to the group. As the visitors dug into the meal, the hostess mingled around the tables to answer their questions about the
recipes.

After the dinner, the visitors entered the minibuses and started their tour through the narrow ups-and-downs of the city.

"In Ramadan, the days turn into nights and the nights into days Under Armour Curry Shoes Outelt ," Mahajna said.

In the city streets filled with lights, cars were being washed at garages, people getting haircuts and kids running around. It was almost midnight.

According to Mahajna, there has been a steady increase in tour participation since the initiative began about a decade ago.

Sikkuy, together with other organizations, brings together Arabs and Israelis to promote equality between the two ethnic groups and help Israeli Jews know
better about the Muslim minority of the country.

"It is so, so important to bring together the two cultures Under Armour Basketball Shoes Outelt , the two people, the Jews and Arabs together," said Mahajna, a doctoral student in archaeology who has regular interactions with
Jews. "At the end of the day, we live in one country.

In recent years, the Israeli society has been dominated by right-wing, nationalist ideas. In fact Under Armour Running Shoes Outelt , during the meal one woman said the tour was "preaching to the choir."

Still, the importance of such initiatives cannot be underestimated, as even the more liberal elements of Israeli society are not frequently exposed to the
Arab part of society.

"I have no doubt at all that I will come back here. Even before I finish this tour here, I am already thinking who I want to bring here," said the visitor
Hemda Drabkin excitedly.

Small walls were torn down in the evening in Umm el-Fahem, a small dent in Israel's fragmented society. This leaves hope for progress and understanding in
the future.

Xi stresses enhancing rocket launch, test capability

15 found dead in SW China landslide burying 120

Weekly choices of Xinhua photos

Eid al-Fitr festival celebrated in Afghanistan

Midsummer Day marked in Estonia

Scenery at Bamboo Sea scenic spot in southwest China

Giant pandas "Meng Meng" and "Jiao Qing" to settle in new home in Berlin

In pics: terraces in NW China

Promote Your Major Business with Send Out Cards

Send out Cards is an MLM or network marketing business that has been around since 2004 Under Armour Shoes Outelt , and despite the fact that many people have by no means heard of it, the company had gross sales of over $70 million in 2009 and is
growing every year. It’s an easy idea that started with the death of the current
CEO’s brother, the thought being that we should always all stay in touch with
individuals who imply one thing to us.

The company’s head places of work are positioned in Salt Lake City, Utah, and started in 2004 by Kody Bateman, who remai. Basketball Jerseys China   MLB Jerseys Wholesale   Custom Soccer Jerseys China   Football Jerseys China   NHL Jerseys Free Shipping   Nike NFL Jerseys Wholesale   Custom MLB Jerseys Wholesale   College Hockey Jerseys Cheap   Adidas NHL Jerseys China   Custom Soccer Jerseys Cheap 

Posted 05 Nov 2018

sapna1990 says
Security services in Los Angeles : Weprovide security solutions that allow your organisation to operate efficiently,
effectively & safely.
Security services in California :warnersafeguard provides security services for home, business and government.
With many years experience providing security services California,
warnersafeguard has employed only the finest and qualified staff.
Contact Us:
WARNER SAFE GUARD inc.
Warner Safe Guard, Inc.provides security officer services in the state of California. We are a
security service company that provides excellent and professional service.
Please feel free to give us a call or fill out the form below.
o Phone: 1-855-889-1518
o Fax: 1-818-626-9344
o Email:[email protected]
Address : 6601 CenterDrive West, Suite-500, #700 Los Angeles, CA 90045

Posted 09 Nov 2020

Reply to Topic