Manny Machados slide into Dustin Pedroia

204 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
sherry2018love

Total Posts: 90

Manny Machado is being accused of doing Dustin Pedroia dirty after a slide 2018 MLB All-Star Game Team Jersey by the Orioles third baseman injured the Red Sox infielder Friday night.Pedroia left the game after taking Machados spikes to the back of his left knee while trying to turn a double-play in the eighth inning of Baltimores 2-0 win. While the injury does not appear to be serious Pedroia is going to try to play Saturday night Machados slide is not sitting Jim Thome Jersey well with the Red Sox."Extremely late slide," Boston manager John Farrell said, per MLB.com. "The argument at the time was if the rule's in place Frank Thomas Cool Base White/Navy Blue Jersey to protect the middle infielder, well, then it didn't work tonight. I know there's a component to the rule that says he's got to deliberately and willfully attempt a double play. When you're cleaned out beyond second base, and the runner never held second base completely, to me, the rule failed tonight."Farrells opinion was shared by his Boston mates. Third Carlton Fisk Jersey base coach Brian Butterfield was ejected after making his feelings known to umpire Alan Porter, and the Boston Globe reports several Red Sox players and coaches hung around the dugout after the game and eyeballed Machado as he exited the field.While such behavior seems to portend retaliation is forthcoming, Machado said he texted Pedroia after the game and that hes not expecting any payback. I dont expect anything, he said. Im going to play baseball. Whatever Nicky Delmonico Jersey happens, happens. Its called baseball. We play between the lines so they have to protect their players and they have to do what they have to do. Its up to them.
Posted 08 Nov 2018

Reply to Topic