about it Cheap Nick Shore Jersey

227 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
rxz123

Total Posts: 0

This article is the second of a two part article which looks at the fantastic career of Best Mate Cheap Gabriel Vilardi Jersey , arguably one of the best ever National Hunt race horses ever.

You may remember that Part One of this article ended by looking at Best Mate s record of 14 wins from 22 starts, as well as an amazing
seven second placed finishes.

The only ever time that Best Mate did not finish first or second in a race was in his last race, and this was a sad
occasion for everyone involved in horse racing.

Tragedy For Best Mate

Well Cheap Tyler Toffoli Jersey , the 22nd race of his career is one that I would rather forget (along with all of the horse racing loving public) as it was the
race where unfortunately Best Mate lost his life.

The only consolation is that he died doing something that he loved, and it showed the bravery of the
horse.

He was known to have had a big heart, being a generous horse and always giving 100 per cent. The tragedy happened at Exeter racecourse on 1
November 2005 Cheap Tanner Pearson Jersey , during the running of the William Hill Haldon Gold Cup race.

Jockey Paul Carberry knew part of the way around the course that the horse was not quite right, and as a precaution pulled the horse up
(withdrew from the race). However, in negotiating a way to get off the race
track Cheap Jeff Zatkoff Jersey , Best Mate collapsed and though vets fought as hard as they could to revive him, he died moments later.

A True Star

But in the end he went doing what he enjoyed and what he did best. It is a sad reality that
we all have to go sometime, but right to very end he did what he did so very
well.

A measure of how much he is respected in the horse racing fraternity is the fact that he has a bronze statue of him at Cheltenham
racecourse Cheap Alec Martinez Jersey , where his 3 consecutive victories in the Gold Cup are an achievement that may never happen again in my lifetime. He was also voted
in to Cheltenham s elite 12 Hall of Fame, another appropriate accolade that this
horse fully deserved for his achievements.

Indeed, his ashes are also scattered at the winning post of the same racecourse Cheap Nic Dowd Jersey , and were done so at the request of owner Jim Lewis. The ceremony was held on December 10 2005, even though Lewis wife had tragically
died not two days before that, after a seven month battle against
cancer.

The Legend Lives On

And so the legend of Best Mate lives on Cheap Derek Forbort Jersey , with his ashes and the statue standing as majestically as he did at the winning post at Cheltenham. In fact, Best Mate has
a brother who is still running.

He is called Cornish Rebel and is right out of the Best Mate mould, a talented horse with a bright future ahead.
I ve never felt so attached to a horse Cheap Trevor Lewis Jersey , nor a shocked to hear the news of his passing. But he truly was a great horse and his spirit will live long in the heart, even though
we will not see him grace the race track again.

I write a lot about my interest in horses and some would even call me a horse racing expert, but I m
really a big fan of the sport and very passionate about it Cheap Nick Shore Jersey , so I m not sure if that classes me as an expert.

Which just leaves me to say thanks Best Mate for sharing yourself with the horse racing world. It wouldn t have been the same without you.

BERLIN, March 16 (Xinhua) -- Schalke progressed into the next round after beating Monchengladbach 2-2 (3-3 on aggregate) on away goals in the Europa
League's round of the last 16 on Thursday.

Borussia Monchengladbach were unable to protect a two-goal lead as second-half goals from Schalke's Leon Goretzka and Nabil Bentaleb paved the way
to the quarterfinals.

The "Foals" grabbed a promising start into the game as Raffael's set up almost allowed Josip Drimic to open the scoring. However, the unmarked striker
failed to head home from eight meters with 18 minutes played.

Raffael remained in the thick of things as he unleashed left-footed hammer from 19 meters, which missed the target just wide in the 22nd minute.

The host's efforts finally paid off 26 minutes into the encounter, as Andreas Christensen utilized a flicked on free kick to slot home with a deflected shot
from the near post corner.

Monchengladbach kept it bowling and punished Schalke just before the break as Mahmoud Dahoud completed a counterattack after drilling the ball from 23 meters
into the top left corner.

The Royal Blues remained unimpressed and responded after the restart as Leon Goretzka's long-range effort bounced over Monchengladbach goalkeeper Yann Sommer
to reduce the arrears to 2-1 in the 54th minute.

Schalke gained momentum while things went from bad to worse for the hosts in the 68th minute when referee Mark Clattenburg awarded the visitors a
controversial handball. Nabil Bentaleb stepped up and leveled the scores from
the penalty spot.

Monchengladbach pressed frenetically as they needed a win to advance into the next round. Nevertheless, Schalke were able protect the two-all draw as
Monchengladbach lacked in accuracy in the closing period.

With the result, Schalke secured their first European quarterfinal since 2012, while Monchengladbach will have to keep waiting. The last time they
advanced to a European quarterfinal was 21 years ago.

"We had the will and bounced back. We rewarded ourselves with the 2-2 draw and believed in us. That's why we progressed today," Schalke head coach Markus
Weinzierl said.

Monchengladbach head coach Dieter Hecking was sour about the result of the match. "We unfortunately crashed out of this competition. It is disappointing
but we have to accept the defeat. It wasn't a handball penalty from my
perspective."

Gerdas Babarskas (top) of Lithuania shoots against Norway during a Group 7 match of the Qualification Phase 2 for EHF EURO Croatia 2018 in Vilnius,
Lithuania, Nov. 6, 2016. Lithuania won.

Posted 20 Dec 2018

Reply to Topic