this new AR feature, Nike says it can measure each foot in

122 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
yaya2017

Total Posts: 0

updating its app with a new augmented reality tool that will measure your feet so that it can sell you sneakers that actually fit (via Engadget).While this may seem like a frivolous use of AR technology, the idea is sound. Buying shoes online is difficult, mainly because you can’t try them on to see if they actually fit. Plus, brands lie about sizes, so you can never Adidas Superstar Femme really be sure. For example, you may be a size 12 in one brand but a size 11 in another brand.Nike shoes, in particular, famously run small in most styles, making them extra hard to buy, even if you do happen to have a Brannock device Nike Air Vapormax Mujer handy Nike Air Presto Mujer to know your Adidas Superstar Womensfoot’s measurements down Nike Air Max 270 Femme Blanche to the millimeter.In 1927,Nike Air Vapormax Womens  Charles Brannock, the son of a Nike Air Max 95 Womens local shoe company owner in Syracuse, N.Adidas NMD Femme Y., invented the Brannock Device. The steel measurement tool with five scales has been the most effective way in the U.S. to find an accurate shoe size.

Industry-wide, 60% of consumers are wearing the wrong-sized shoes. Not only is there a discrepancy among different styles of shoes (high heels to leather boots), sizing can often differ from brand to brand within one type of shoe (like adidas sneakers to Nike sneakers) and even silhouette to silhouette within a singular Nike Air Max 1 Mujer brand.For instance, I’ve owned Nike React Epic sneakers with Flyknit technology in a women’s size 10. I have men’s suede Nike Air Max 95s in a 9.5. All of my men’s Air Jordan 1s are comfortably a men’s size 8.5, but I have a women’s pair Nike Air Max 720 Femmein an 11, and Nike Air Max 270 Mujer Rosa my Air Jordan 4s Adidas ZX 750 Femme are an 8. Meanwhile, my Adidas ZX 750 Femme Nike Air Max 720s feel decidedly Nike Air Max 2017 Womens too small at a men’s 8.5. And this Nike Air VaporMax Mujer is all within one brand.During the 92 years since its introduction, the birth of the internet, and some other society-altering technological advances, the Brannock Device has somehow remained uncontested. Until now.

With this new AR feature, Nike says it can measure each foot individually — the size, shape, and volume — with accuracy within 2 millimeters and then suggest the specific size of Nike shoe for the style that you’re looking at. It does this by matching your measurements Adidas ZX 750 Mujer to the internal volume already known for each of its shoes, and the purchase data of people with similar-sized feet.It’s not just a one-time gimmick, either: Nike is integrating this into its app as a primary feature for measuring shoes,www.jeremyleon.fr  and it will Nike Air Max 2017 Femme be using it at Nike Air Max 720 Mujer its retail stores as Nike Air Max 720 Femme well, which speaks to the company’s Nike Air Max 270 Womensconfidence in the method.The Nike Air Max 95 Dámské update should be rolling out in Nike’s app in July in the US, and there are plans to bring the feature to Europe in August.

Posted 23 May 2019

Reply to Topic