Auto Lawsuit Requirements???????

429 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
MikeHammelton

Total Posts: 0

State Vehicle Accident Occurred: NY

Two years ago, I was a driver for a HUGE large tourist hotel resort here in Nevada which I no longer work for. I have not worked for the hotel resort for over two years. Before leaving I got into a minor fender bender vehicle accident driving the hotel resort vehicle. No one was physically hurt ….no ambulance showed up or no one asked for one. On the police showed up. I was issued a driving ticket the other driver was not issued a ticket. Only minor vehicle damage to my company’s vehicle and the other driver vehicle (back rear tail light knocked out) ….and a small dent on the other driver’s vehicle was caused by my driving. Again, it’s been over two years and now the driver of the vehicle I hit while working for the hotel resort is trying to sue the hotel resort for a huge sum via me. Note: The hotel resort I was working for has their own insurance attorney representing this case and representing me.

My Question members of the forum here:

1. If this civil case (money lawsuit) goes to trial for any reason ….am I required by law to appear in civil court when the Hotel Resort Attorneys are already there on my behalf and the Hotel Resort behalf?

2. If I have to go to civil court or volunteer my time in court to testify on the behalf of the insurance attorneys representing the hotel resort. Since I no longer work for the hotel resort, how do I get (or demand) the hotel resort to pay for lost time (lost wages, gas, traveling cost, etc.) for going to meetings, court, trial, etc.? I already know I can request in writing for this to the actual hotel resort. But is the hotel resort required to assist me with such cost? And if the hotel resort refuses to pay for lost time (lost wages, gas, traveling cost, etc.) for going to meetings, court, trial, etc. How do I force them to do so? What are my options? I am a little confused on how this works or if it is possible.

END

Posted 14 Jun 2019

Tyshka says
Car accident lawyer Peter Briskin, handles all types of automobile accident cases in both New York and New Jersey. Our attorneys have experience in helping clients receive compensation for injuries resulting from motor vehicle accidents. https://fnblegal.com/
Posted 14 Jun 2019

Reply to Topic