a marathon…I have never

104 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
Labi1995

Total Posts: 0

I could go on, but in the Nike Air Max 90 Dames interest of keeping this post from going too long, I’ll stop here for now. As you can see from what I have written above, there is a lot of interesting science out there that calls into question the efficacy of the ubiquitous modern running shoe, and also questions whether how we run might be contributing to high injury rates in runners. There is a lot we don’t know, and studies linking Nike Air Max Thea Mujer footwear or lack thereof directly to injury are lacking right now – we need more good research!One of the things that also came through loud and clear is that barefoot running is our default. It is how we evolved, and modern shoes are a change from that default. Thus, the burden of proof should be to prove that we are better off running in big, bulky shoes. People often seem to think that the notion that we should run in a way that emulates the barefoot gait is radical (whether actually barefoot or in minimal shoes), but in reality it’s what our species has done for nearly 2 million Nike Air Force 1 Damen years prior to about 1970. Modern shoes have changed that, and the consequences of this change are what we are all trying to figure out. Is barefoot-style better? Maybe, we really don’t know yet, but www.alberttross.de science regarding impact, joint torques, etc. seem to suggest that a barefoot-style gait moves things in a positive direction. Should you throw away your shoes? If you are running well and have no injury history, there may be no reason to. However, if you have been saddled with injuries, a change to a minimalist shoe and some form work might be of benefit. Blaise and Sean both prescribe racing flats and advocate gait retraining in their clinical practice – I will talk about their form approach in a subsequent post. Due to anecdotal reports from readers, as well as experience with my own wife (a story for another day), I am a believer in their approach. One key point to make here Nike Air Max 720 Mujer though, is that any change that is made must Nike Air Max Thea Femme Your body is most likely adapted to wearing big, bulky shoes. Rushing into form change or a minimalist shoe too quickly can be a recipe for disaster. Change needs to be approached as a long term process, and the body will need time to adapt. Again, more on their approach in a future post.I was recently turned onto your blog by two of your faithful readers, Tina and Vicki. How I WISH I could have attended that symposium! I just shared your blog article with all of my coaching clients and with about 20 other people. I am so happy that research is finally supporting how my own Dad taught me to run 35 years ago. I trained in Nike Air VaporMax Mujer racing flats with a midfoot strike since the late 70s. Here’s what’s remarkable. Despite some early years of 50-80 mile weeks (as a high school and collegiate female runner), long races, a marathon…I have never had ONE overuse or running related injury (except Nike Air VaporMax Womens clumsiness injuries!). Now I am teaching my own clients to run this way. So good to have research backing me up, finally. Thank you for posting your summary and YES!! I completely agree in the Gradual and Progressive. Thank you for sharing such great info.I have personal experience with your second point. I have two “bad” knees, each with a torn ACL (one complete) from earlier sports (lacrosse and volleyball) injuries. At the time the orthopedic surgeon suggested knee strengthening exercises rather than surgery. When starting to run seriously a couple of years ago I figured I would be limited to 5Ks and 10Ks. But I have not been limited in any way by knee pain up to a full marathon, unlike pick-up games in most other sports. Furthermore when I have experienced irritation in the knee it has been from running on soft unstable surfaces (snow, mud), but technical trails which are uneven yet solid do not present a problem. Thus I actually avoid over cushioned shoes, and look for a more solid ride.
Posted 02 Jul 2019

Reply to Topic