I-95 blocked at South Van Dorn by tractor-trailer accident

207 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
freemexy

Total Posts: 0

I-95 blocked at South Van Dorn by tractor-trailer accident
UPDATED 5:07 p.m. All lanes of I-95 North and South bound are open following an earlier accident but back-ups extend several miles in both directions.bamboo plywood sheet prices
UPDATED 3:39 P.M. Fairfax Fire Rescue reported a few minutes ago that one lane is now getting by the accident on both the north- and southbound sides.
A highway incident has been declared on I-95 (both North and South bound) at South Van Dorn Street. All lanes of travel are closed. A Tractor trailer struck the jersey wall on the south bound side (inner loop) and spilled part of its load into the north bound side (outer loop). The south bound side of I-95 will be closed for a considerable period of time with back-up of more than 3 miles. The northbound side will be closed as well, and the back up exceeds 2 miles. Consider remaining at work/home or staying off of the interstate.
It was just a week ago that a tanker truck overturned on the Northbound I-495 leg of the Beltway, blocking access to the American Legion Bridge and sparking a huge traffic morass that snarled traffic throughout the D.C. area well into the evening.
Posted 10 Jul 2019

Reply to Topic