Eminem, 50 cent teaming up for tour

1556 views 14 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

Eminem and 50 Cent are teaming up for a two-month tour that will end with two August shows in Eminem's hometown of Detroit.

The Aug. 12-13 concerts at 44,000-seat Comerica Park come two years after Eminem and 50 Cent played a pair of gigs at neighboring Ford Field, home of the Detroit Lions.

The third installment of the Anger Management Tour kicks off July 7 in Indianapolis. It's the first road show Eminem has undertaken since the November release of his latest album, "Encore," which has sold 4 million copies in the United States.

50 Cent, whose new album, "The Massacre," was released last month, joins Eminem for all but the first two dates on the tour. Ludacris will fill in on the first two shows.

Other performers on the tour include Lil Jon & the East Side Boyz.

"We've been waiting for the right moment to go on tour, and it all finally came together," Eminem said Monday in a statement. "We wanted to put together the best lineup we could. ... I'm always trying to top the last tour whenever I go out. I think we're really doing it this time."

Other stops on the tour include Chicago, Denver, Seattle, Dallas, Atlanta, Washington, Philadelphia, New York and Boston.
Posted 06 Apr 2005

Reply to Topic