Starting A Freshwater Aquarium

880 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
HeatherLagan233

Total Posts: 0

This site was set up to cater to people who are setting up a fish tank.

With eighty percent of Freshwater Aquarium starters quitting within twelve months of setting up a fish tank, I decided to put this site together to help people find out how to set up a fish tank.

If you are starting a fish tank, I hope that you find it as useful as it is meant to be. I’ve tried to think of everything that you can possibly want to know about fish tanks and how to set up an aquarium.

If you have decided to have a home aquarium, I believe that you should start with a freshwater fish tank setup, simply because it is easier than a marine fish tank.  No salt and fewer things to worry about.

I also recommend that you include Canister Filters Reviews when you are setting up a tropical fish tank, simply because they help to keep the water clear and the fish healthy and they look good.  I have tried to cover everything to do with setting up an aquarium, but if you think of something that I haven’t covered, let me know and I’ll see what I can do.

I personally think that it is impossible to put all the information about every freshwater fish and tropical fish plants into one website but I have tried to cover all the easy to keep fish and plants that are best if you are setting up a tropical fish tank for the first time, but I won’t be offended if this just one of the reference sites that save into favourites.

There are some really good sites out there by other hobbyists and enthusiasts about a tropical fish tank setup and starting a fish tank and you can never have too much information, especially when dealing with your first fish tank set up.

If you find that you are moving on and want information that we don’t cover, then congratulations, you have just qualified and are no longer a newbie to the freshwater aquarium hobby.

So Keep Checking back for Information on your Freshwater Aquarium

The site is split into simple sections about home aquariums to help with setting up a fish tank and I hope that it will prove easy to find your way around. Each heading on the left hand side will take you to a new section and there will be a list of topics within each section that are self explanatory and easy to find.

Within the aquarium plants section we have listed a number of freshwater aquarium plants that are easy to keep and recommended for your first fish tank, each with a description and photograph for your information together with details of where in the tank they are best planted.

The Tropical Freshwater Fish Section shows easy to care for tropical freshwater fish that are great for the new aquarium keeper.  Top, Middle or Bottom Feeders, what temperature and water conditions they need with pictures for your information.

The Aquarium Maintenance section will tell you everything you need to know to keep on top of the day to day and week to week maintenance of a successful  freshwater fish tank once you have set up your new aquarium.

The Aquarium Water section will tell you everything you need to know about the water chemistry in your new aquarium and how to maintain water quality.

The First Aquarium section tells you how to go about choosing and setting up a fish tank.

I have tried to cover everything about aquariums for beginners, from the best fish for beginners to the aquarium plants and the freshwater aquarium maintenance together with some aquarium tips for beginners.

If there is anything that I have missed that you want to know about drop me a line via the contact us page and I will look into it.

Posted 04 Oct 2019

Bookak says
Oh, man. I'll give you, as for me, the most significant advice, that I would like to know, when I started to occupy with this hobby. I'm talking about the filtration of the water, because the fish will often get ill, so they will seam themselves bad and even there is the possibility, that they will die, so it's better can't be too careful, so have two types of the filters : electricity and natural ones. With the regard to the choosing of the electricity filter there can't be any questions, like with the choosing of the natural ones there are a lot of questions, beginning with how it works and what kind of the filter is better to buy? Likely for you, there is good website, where you will find the answers for all the questions - http://arcreef.com . Hope you will like this hobby and it will become the part of your life.
Posted 25 Nov 2019

Reply to Topic