readers

4090 views 51 replies
Reply to Topic
Bazigaar

Total Posts: 40761

how many of u guys like to read books? english or urdu?

is there any book u r reading these days? if so..share the name and what's it bout?
Posted 16 May 2005

I am reading Angels and demons!
not quite done with it yet
but its a good book!HrithikZgirl38493.2230439815
Posted 16 May 2005

Bazigaar says
ahaan...and what;s it bout?
Posted 16 May 2005

BadShaH1 says
im reading mustansar hussein tarars famous "Piar ka pehla sheher"
its abt france.
Posted 18 May 2005

Freddy says
one of my fav book......pascal a handicap girl...mustansar sahib urff Yonani devata ki adhori mohabat ki kahani...really a touching story

ajj kaal im reading a combination of S.H.Manto's short stories "Kaali Shalwaar"
Posted 18 May 2005

i dont read books
Posted 18 May 2005

Bazigaar says
i am currently reading a novel named "bazigaar" by shakeel adil zada...

halat ke shakanjay mae jakray hoe ek naujawan ke dastaan (it have 5 part...5 moti moti books)

story begins long time ago in india where this guy, babar (16 then) fells in love with a girl, kora (14 then). babar is an intelligent student and very shareef larka...and this girl is actually a tibtian/buddhist sardar's daughter...and da sardar is being killed by his cousin and now he is seeking this girl to kill her...but this girl's uncle runs away form there with this girl...and they r visiting this buddhist holy shrine in this city where this guy happens to see her...and fells in love with her...

now the tribe ppl r looking for this girl to kill her..they r searching everywhere...and finally find them..kills her uncle...but girl manages to escape and finds reuge with this guy's family...who live wiht his parents and siblings...

she is kept hidden there for 2 days...but this guy's father..who is a landlord...don;t like this as the girl is unknown to them...and so they want to call police and tell them story, but this guy don;t want to...because he think the tibtian ppl who r after the girl will find her if they give her to police...so one night...he takes the girl and leaves everyone behind..thinking he will start a new life...on his own...and dat's when his problems begin...

they go to cities after cities...trying to settle down...face many problems...long story short...they comes across a molvi sahib in calcutta who have no one in the world..and takes care of them as their own child...

one day...they r all walking along the road...at night...3 gundas try to kidnap kora...molvi sahib and babar try to save her...during all this...babar ends up killing 2 guys (yes he is still 16, but he keeps this knife with him all the time)..and one gunda manages to run after kora...molvi sahib runs after them...babar tries to run after them...but police comes..babar is getting pagal at what;s happening and ends up killing one police man too with his knife...

he is taken to police station...then to court and then he is given 7 years of jail...where he meets another interesting and powerful character of the story...bhatal...around 35 years old...bhai/don of calcutta! bhatal is a don, yet he is very very nice guy...he only bothers rich and feed poor...and he have a big house/para where all his men live...

in jail..bhatal takes care of babar...who never tells anyone his real name or about his family or anything about him...bhatal starts calling him, ladla! during 7 years...bhatal (while he stayed in jail) and his men (who come and go from jail like it;s their 2nd house) teach ladla all tricks of the trade...how to fight, use knife...everything...also...bhatal makes sure ladla gets education...and so he gets ladla educated in jail...and ladla passes Master in Law in first class!

during these 7 years...ladla/babar thinks of kora and what could have happened? was molvi sahib able to get kora form that gunda? molvi sahib was old guy...what if gunda have killed him and taken kora away? why did molvi sahib never came to see him in 7 years? where r they? these were the questions haunting ladla for 7 years....

finally the day arrives when ladla is freed...he comes out of jail...and feel so much have changed in outside world...

bhatal...loves ladla...and had asked him to come to his house right away so they came have a huge celebration....but ladla decided to go to molvi sahib's house (where they lives before this incident happened)...but when ladla goes there..he find molvi sahib have left from here looong time ago..maybe 7 years...without telling anyone...even his belongings r still there and neighbours have put them on side...and no one knows where molvi sahib went...

ladla feels head spinning...where could molvi sahib go? what happened that night after he was taken away to jail? these questions were haunting ladla who is now 23 years old...he also knows if he don;t go to bhatal's house....bhatal will also get mad cuz bhatal really loves ladla...and he calls ladla, bhata's ladla!

so now..ladla is on his way to bhatal's house...

phew..long story haan...i am still half done on first part..and there r 5 parts all together story seems interesting...and exciting...now i think he is gonna search for kora and it;s about all the problems he is gonna face.,.new ppl he is gonna meet, etc etc...let's see...Bazigaar38491.3221759259
Posted 19 May 2005

Freddy says
not only 5 parts ....have read the 6th one and it's not end yet.......It's actually a 'silsila war' story published by sub-rung .....one part took 3 to 5 years to complete as they publishe it in parts..........sub-rung suppose to issue every year but......there recent book issued in 3 years....

One of the noval peoples most earge to wait.........writer hameen aessi duniya mai lei jata hai jo hum nai na kabi dekhi na suuni.....'Paray'(bahi loogoon kay theekanay)...there way of fight...there greatness.............gangsters of the early 19's ...jub chaku cheenana fatah ki nishani tha...............Paray kay loog apnay mohalay kay mohafiz hotay thay.............writer nei jo naksha khenchaa hai really amazing.......

Bathal ka kirdar aessa hai jo insaan sadiyoon mai nahi bhoola sakta.......agay agay tum zoora ,machi,navaab sei be miloo gey.......really amzaing...have read 6 parts twice but still want to read.......
dekhoo kaab next part aata hai ...maybe 3 ya 5 saal baad.
Posted 19 May 2005

Ashii says
Bazigaar said:

how many of u guys like to read books? english or urdu?

is there any book u r reading these days? if so..share the name and what's it bout?

books i finished
2 weeks ago : assomoir of emile Zola
about human condition, attitude in diff situtations
this week : la chute (the fall) of albert Camus
ufffff,,, mat parhna, khud se nafrat ho jae gi
both r

these days,, hmmm soch rahi hu kya start karu
there s an other book that i read in parallel,, uss ko samajhne ka time chaiye mujhe,, jab khatam hogi to bata'ain ge
Posted 19 May 2005

Ashii says
HrithikZgirl said:

I am reading Angles and demons!
not quite done with it yet
but its a good book!

i read di vinci code bby same author
hmm,, gnrl knowledge mei kafi izafa hua but not my litterature style,,, aise lagta hai hollywood ki movie chal rahi hai
my sis told me that 'angels and demons' is better

both books are about hidden side of christianity
reality+fiction,,, kuch samajh nahi aata kya sach hai kya jhoot
Posted 19 May 2005

Ashii says
BadShaH1 said:

im reading mustansar hussein tarars famous "Piar ka pehla sheher"
its abt france.

me ne Tarar ka koi bhi safanama nahi parha,,
hai na herat ki baat

jab k he s one of my fav writers
but his chef d'oeuvre is RAAKH
Posted 19 May 2005

Ashii says
faradiya said:

one of my fav book......pascal a handicap girl...mustansar sahib urff Yonani devata ki adhori mohabat ki kahani...really a touching story

ajj kaal im reading a combination of S.H.Manto's short stories "Kaali Shalwaar"

the funniest thing abt 'safar namay' :
writer apni sari hasratein poori kar lete hein
khekehkeheheehheee...

oupsss,,, tarar uncle,, sorry sorryy

kaali shalwar is
shukar hai me ne iss ka preface parh liya tha warna adhi samajh aani thi
Posted 19 May 2005

Ashii says
bazu bezaaaar..
itna detail mei nahi batao,,

""i am currently reading a novel named "bazigaar" by shakeel adil zada""
yeh bata dena kafi hai,, hum nahi parhein ge

Posted 19 May 2005

Bazigaar says
faradiya said:

not only 5 parts ....have read the 6th one and it's not end yet.......It's actually a 'silsila war' story published by sub-rung .....one part took 3 to 5 years to complete as they publishe it in parts..........sub-rung suppose to issue every year but......there recent book issued in 3 years....

One of the noval peoples most earge to wait.........writer hameen aessi duniya mai lei jata hai jo hum nai na kabi dekhi na suuni.....'Paray'(bahi loogoon kay theekanay)...there way of fight...there greatness.............gangsters of the early 19's ...jub chaku cheenana fatah ki nishani tha...............Paray kay loog apnay mohalay kay mohafiz hotay thay.............writer nei jo naksha khenchaa hai really amazing.......

Bathal ka kirdar aessa hai jo insaan sadiyoon mai nahi bhoola sakta.......agay agay tum zoora ,machi,navaab sei be miloo gey.......really amzaing...have read 6 parts twice but still want to read.......
dekhoo kaab next part aata hai ...maybe 3 ya 5 saal baad.

oo so it have more then 5 parts...well, i got it from public libbary here and they only have 5 parts and i got all of them on rent...maybe when i get to fifth part..then i'll require next one...but for noew...even one part is taking too long to finish

u r right about the world story writer takes us in...just amazing...so different...so cool bhatal character...seems very interesting...he knows excatally when to talk, what to talk, what to do, etc etc...

now here's one question for u...r these books (all parts for this)...available in pakistan because i want to buy them? (cuz the one i got from library...r published in india)...so if yes they r available in pakistan...could u tell me like where can i get them from? preferably in lahore? i'll get my uncle to buy them for me...and send them to me
Posted 19 May 2005

Freddy says
ofcourse those are available in pakistan.... ask to ur uncle go to urdu bazar lahore...........tell them the writer and book name..........waha sub kuch milta hai.

I remember i have seen some of the websites of urdu books ...peoples can buy books from there...using cr cards.....but don't remember there names...you can search by puting this query....Buy Urdu Books Online

safarnamoo mai ore kisi writer nai apni hasrat poori ki ho na ho magar Taraar sahib nai zaroor ki hain..........un kay har safar namay mai ye situation zaroor hoti thi...

"mai aik bus mai ja raha tha achanak meri sath wali seat pay aik bohot khoobsurat larki aa kay bethi......safar jub aadha hoa tu larki ko nind aa geye ore uss nai apna sir meray kandhay pay rukh deya or phir mai haseen sapnoo mai khoo geye"

pata nai kon sei hassen sapnay hotay hain janab kay......essi baat pay mai nai aik jaga aik lateefa parha tha...maybe younis butt ki kitab mai..........

"may bus mai ja raha tha....meri sath wali seat pay bohot khobsurat larki aa kay bethi....thoori deeer baad usay nind aa geye ore uss nai apna sir meray kandhay pay rukh dea...........mai nai foraaan ussay jaga kay kaha....maaf kejeyee ga mai mastansar hussain taarar nahi!"

Posted 20 May 2005

Ashii says
freddy putar
yunus butt ka naam nahi lagao,, sahi sahi bol do
hum nahi hansein ge

haaaaaaaaa..
me tarar uncle ko batau giiiii
Posted 20 May 2005

SALL said:

i read di vinci code bby same author
hmm,, gnrl knowledge mei kafi izafa hua but not my litterature style,,, aise lagta hai hollywood ki movie chal rahi hai
my sis told me that 'angels and demons' is better

both books are about hidden side of christianity
reality+fiction,,, kuch samajh nahi aata kya sach hai kya jhoot

i haven't read the di vinci code yet...

Posted 21 May 2005

Bazigaar said:

ahaan...and what;s it bout?

its about this professor Robert Langdon who tries to stop the Illuminati, a legendary secret society, from destroying the Vatican City with the newly-discovered power of antimatter.

CERN researchers Leonardo Vetra and his adopted daughter Vittoria Vetra has invented the antimatter. Later Leonardo Vetra was murdered because he had invented something no one could.

Maximillian Kohler the Director of CERN Calls Robert Langdon to CERN, which is the world's largest particle physics laboratory, situated on the border between France and Switzerland, just west of Geneva, to solve this mystery because Kohler knew that Langdon is an Illumnati expert.

And it goes on from there!
Posted 21 May 2005

Blue Oasis says
The last fiction book I read was "Regina's Song" it's a supernatural thriller about a sister's twin. I've read 10 other books by the author before (Eddings) he is really good
Posted 21 May 2005

SohniKuddi says
HAVE NE OF U GUYS READ LITTLE WOMEN? IT'S REALLY GOOD.
Posted 21 May 2005

BadShaH1 says
sall u gotta read TARAR, hes funtoosh!
Posted 26 May 2005

Bazigaar says
reading a book, behri uqaab these days

have 2 parts
Posted 26 May 2005

Ashii says
i already read all books of tarar
sirf safar naame nahi
raakh
bahao
chik chuk
deis pardeis
aur,,, hmmmmmmmm

he s my tarar uncle

finished Alchimist
of paolo Coelho
greatttttttttt book,,
i recomend it to everrryyyyone
Posted 31 May 2005

al-tabri

chaahe-e-babal (the greatest novel i ever read) well i read just three novels.

rajah gidh, bahao and chaah-e-babal
Posted 06 Jun 2005

Ashii says
raja gidh and bahao r good

wot is al tabri and chaahe badal ???
Posted 07 Jun 2005

SALL said:

raja gidh and bahao r good

wot is al tabri and chaahe badal ???

chah-e-babul or babal means babylonia ka kuNwaN, jiss me according to ajeeb si stories do farishte ulte taange hue hain. nauzubillah.

and al-tabri is a book about islamic history, written by allama tabri.

and besides all of these lectures, i still prefer to read quran and think about it with MY OWN MIND and not with the mind of OTHERS. kaisa?
Posted 08 Jun 2005

Ashii says
ahan,,,
me too im reading a book abt islamic philosphy
a vvvvv famous one,,, par zara aram aram se parhni parti hai,, kabhi kabhi kuch din ka gap de k,, k pooori samajh aa sake

Quran pak parhna aur samajhna koi passtime thori hai,, woh to zaroori cheez hai
btw aik advice,, i personaly read Quran pak (with traslation) apni soch ko bhula k,, yeh bhool k who i am,,,, sirf Allah miyan ko zehn mei rakhte hue
iss se kissi bhi ayat ka matlab apne dil se nahi banta wohi samajh aata hai jo hota hai (umeed to yehi hoti hai)

hmm,,,, next book konsi parhni chaiye yeh soch rahe hein hum
wot abt shakspear,, i neverrrr read any of his books
??
Posted 09 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
ive' read raja gidh..can;t rememer what happened though
Posted 11 Jun 2005

Ashii says
raja gidh mei aisa hota hai k
sab log marr jate hein aur phir aik gidh unhein kha jata hai

Posted 11 Jun 2005

magar raaje wali baat to aap ne batayi hi nahi. gidh ki shtori suna dee hai, bass.

woh assal me yeh hota hai ke uss me aik rajah bhi hota hai, magar kala sa hota hai, iss liye main ne aagay nahi parrha.
Posted 16 Jun 2005

BadShaH1 says
Angels and demons
by Dan brown
the da vinci code
by dan brown
Posted 18 Jun 2005

Reply to Topic