How To Create Clipping Path in PhotoShop

556 views 3 replies
Reply to Topic
ArthurGordon

Total Posts: 1

?
Clipping path is a popular Photoshop tool that is generously used in the printing and graphics industry. The main attribute of a clipping path is that when it is applied to an image, the area outside the path becomes transparent. It is used for applications like images that need a text-wrap, or a front-page ad whereby the image overlaps a title.

Here I'm going to tell you, how to create a clipping path by following a few easy steps -

1. At first, open an image in PhotoShop
2. Now click on the Paths button
3. You may also go to the menu and select Window > Paths
4. Click the create new path button on the bottom
5. A new path will show up with the default name Path 1
To manipulate the clipping path just click on the right corner of the pen tool, different tool selections will appear which will help you to operate the anchor points.

Now do the following -

1) Click on the 'Add Anchor Point Tool' and add anchor points.
2) Remove the unnecessary anchor points using the 'Delete Anchor Point Tool'
3) Use the 'Convert Point Tool' to convert the straight lines into curves.
4) Now again click on the bottom right corner of the Path Tool.
5) Pick the Path Selection Tool to select the path and use the 'Direct Selection Tool' to move the anchor points
6) Continue to manipulate until you get the desired clipping.
7) After completion, convert the path as the active clipping path.
8) Now click on the arrow that points to the right and select Clipping Path.
9) In the clipping path window
10) Type the flatness value as 1, and click OK
11) Finally, save the image as an EPS file.

This is the basic process for doing clipping paths. It takes a lot more skills and expertise to do it professionally. It is always a better idea to sign up with a professional design agency. Currently, many clipping path agencies are doing very well in this business. They provide online service at a minimum service cost. Don't forget to verify their service quality before making bulk orders.

Posted 19 Feb 2020

JuneHarris says
Thanks for the information! Very useful definitely! I also wanna recommend some useful lifehack where to find free PSD mockups for branding design. I always download it here on this website https://mockupfree.co/ There are so many interesting mockups that are free for downloading. Just press a bottom and get a zip file with instructions on how to install the mockup to your software.
Posted 11 Jul 2020

chibi says
The information you have posted is really good and very helpful, I will often visit your site. mapquest driving directions
Posted 11 Jul 2020

sapna1990 says
Posted 07 Nov 2020

Reply to Topic