When you convert YouTube videos to MP3, do they lose any sound quality?

1179 views 6 replies
Reply to Topic
freestown7

Total Posts: 121

When you convert YouTube videos to MP3, do they lose any sound quality?
Posted 25 Feb 2020

Yes. Video on YouTube is compressed and when you convert it to MP3 the audio is compressed once again. This is bad practice. If you want to keep quality, use FFmpeg to extract the sound from the video, without re-encoding.
Posted 26 Feb 2020

Well, yes, technically, but usually not enough to notice. But I do not have such problems at all with this youtube to mp3? converter. Just two simple steps to get your mp3 from YouTube. Copy-paste the URL of the video, click the “Convert” button. Flv2mp3 has a wide range of alternative formats to choose from: WMA lossy, Apple's AAC for Mac, DivX, mp3, and many more. I simply adore it
Posted 26 Feb 2020

devaart says
Basically it depends on many things. In principle, the overall quality of most YouTube videos is just average, with an exception of official channels. So if they allow you to download their video content, you can use youtube video downloader and convert it to MP3.  More or less you will get the sound quality of original video. But if you want a super duper quality, be aware, that you must buy the content from Apple of Google Play. There are no fairy tales you know.
Posted 06 Mar 2020

Posted 06 Mar 2020

Actually, it depends on the video quality. So, if the video quality is quite average then downloaded video most of the times won’t be really good.  It also depends on the downloader that you use. For example, some converters are just shitty one, to be honest. That’s why I like to use this youtube video downloader.     It saves video quality excellently and minimize the quality difference. 
Posted 14 Mar 2020

Nndhfmvvicfzihm jc
Posted 19 Mar 2020

Reply to Topic