The Best Baby Towels and Washcloths for Easy-Breezy Bathtime

799 views 5 replies
Reply to Topic
fruvens

Total Posts: 0

These are the softest, perfectly sized baby towels and washcloths to have handy when baby is ready for a bath.

ByAnna Lane

Updated
Aug 2020
Photo: Caitlin Rhea Spaulding

We have included third party products to help you navigate and enjoy life’s biggest moments. Purchases made through links on this page may earn us a commission.
Baby’s bathtime can be quite the photo opp, but if you’re not equipped with the right gear, it can be a slippery, sopping mess. Have you picked out the perfect baby bathtub? Great—but don’t forget to stock up on baby towels and washcloths that are soft and sized just right for your little one; they can make all the difference!
In this article:
Best baby towels
Best baby washcloths

Best Baby Towels
Babies get cold easily, which is why it’s important to have a warm, cuddly baby towel ready and waiting for them as soon as their bath is finished. Whether you want something cute and silly or organic and silky soft, we’ve rounded up the best baby towels out there to ensure your kid’s bath goes off without a hitch.
Best Baby Hooded Towels
A baby hooded towel wrapped around a freshly bathed child is heart-meltingly cute, but it’s a practical option to boot: The hood covers your little one’s head to help retain their body heat, which is especially important for young babies. That’s why the best baby bath towels and baby hooded towels are synonymous in our book.
Photo: Courtesy Hudson Baby

There are lots of options for baby hooded towels with animal faces, but Hudson Baby has one of the biggest (and cutest) selections. Whether you’re partial to a giraffe in glasses, a snorkeling turtle or a sweet-faced fawn, there’s something that’s sure to make you and baby giggle. These baby hooded towels offer more than just cuteness too: They’re made of 100 percent cotton terry and are generously sized so there’s plenty of cloth to wrap around your babe.
Buy it: Hudson Baby Animal Face Hooded Towel, starting from $8, Amazon.com
Photo: Courtesy JJ Cole

JJ Cole’s baby gear is always top notch, and their baby hooded towel selection is no exception. The extra-thick terry cloth baby towels come in a variety of charming prints, and they even have pockets to keep little hands warm. They’re also sold with a coordinating baby washcloth, giving you even more bang for your buck.

RELATED VIDEO

Buy it: JJ Cole Two-Piece Hooded Towel Set, starting from $7, Amazon.com
Best Baby Beach Towels
If you’re planning a day at the beach with your little one, don’t forget a special baby beach towel made just for little beach bums. They’ll need to dry off and stay warm on the shore (or by the pool) too.
Photo: Courtesy Green Sprouts

Green Sprouts’ hooded baby beach towels come in vibrant colors and have two layers of fabric for extra absorbency. The organic cotton muslin and knitted terry cloth gets softer with every wash, and there’s a built-in hanging loop for drying. Talk about a go-to baby beach towel.
Buy it: Green Sprouts Muslin Hooded Towel, $22, Amazon.com
Photo: Courtesy Luvable Friends

We also recommend this Luvable Friends baby hooded towel as a baby beach towel. First off, it’s generously sized so they’ll be snug as a bug. Plus, it comes in this totally beach-appropriate lobster design. How cute!
Buy it: Luvable Friends Animal Face Hooded Towel in Lobster, $13, Amazon.com
Best Personalized Baby Towels
Make bathtime (or beachtime) extra-special with a personalized baby towel. These customized baby bath towels are Instagram-ready.
Photo: Courtesy Pottery Barn Kids

Pottery Barn Kids is the place to go for a high-quality personalized baby towel. This baby hooded towel, for example, is practical, simple and totally adorable. Have it personalized with baby’s name in a coordinating (or contrasting) color. The white terry baby bath towel with the gingham edging washes beautifully and makes a fantastic baby shower gift.
Buy it: Pottery Barn Kids Gingham Baby Bath Wrap, $25, PotteryBarn.com
Photo: Courtesy The Knot Shop

Our (not-so-)secret source for the best monogrammed items? The Knot Shop. The retailer sells this adorable personalized baby towel complete with a matching washcloth. And if you’re really into animal-themed baby hooded towels, there are personalizable ones on The Knot Shop’s site too.
Buy it: The Knot Shop Woven Hooden Towel and Washcloth Set, $26 with personalization, TheKnotShop.com
Best Newborn Baby Towels
You’ll want an ultra-gentle baby towel for your newborn since they’re super-sensitive at this early age. Here, find two of our favorite infant towels.
Photo: Courtesy Channing & Yates

This organic bamboo baby hooded towel from Channing & Yates is quite possibly the softest towel you’ve ever felt. Even better: The bamboo fabric is naturally nontoxic and hypoallergenic, as well as antibacterial and antifungal, so you won’t have to worry about accidentally using a moldy baby bath towel on your little one’s sensitive skin.
Buy it: Channing & Yates Premium Hooded Baby Towel and Washcloth Gift Set, $28, Amazon.com
Photo: Courtesy Natemia

Natemia’s baby towels are designed to last through infanthood into toddlerhood. This infant hooded towel has absolutely adorable bear ears, but more importantly, it’s made using hypoallergenic bamboo. Better yet, the fabric promises to dry three times faster than regular ol’ cotton!
Buy it: Natemia Extra Soft Rayon from Bamboo Baby Hooded Towel, $22, Amazon.com

Posted 22 Aug 2020

fuoos says

Hi there. I am wondering how can I buy organic hooded baby towel on Natemia.com? Nowadays, a wide variety of fabrics are used for baby towels, but I still adhere to the idea that the best would be an organic hooded baby towel. Guys, I made the right choice, or can you recommend something else. All the same, I choose a towel for my child and I would like it to be of high quality and comfortable. I am looking forward to your responses. Thank you all for your help.

Posted 23 Aug 2020

Baby need soft towels for there smooth skin, if we use other towels the skin will get rashes and they cry, recently i have read one blog i.e. Parenthoodbliss they have researched about all Best Baby products and i found best.
Posted 13 Aug 2021

elizabeth1 says
Life happens with kids as a constant reminder that happiness can be found in the simplest of moments. Their infectious giggles, messy kitchen creations, and the way they look at the world with wide-eyed wonder make every day an adventure. It's in the comfort of their hugs, the wisdom in their innocent questions, and the pride of watching them grow that life's most profound lessons are learned. With kids, life is an ever-evolving masterpiece, where the canvas is painted with the colors of love, joy, and an unbreakable family bond. introducing solid foods
Posted 19 Oct 2023

jackson321 says
Used to do like analyzing articles and reviews released on this web site. They are really spectacular and allows a whole lot of invaluable tips. Fadior Stainless Steel Kitchen Cabinets
Posted 09 Nov 2023

Bathroom Footsies, a term evoking comfort and relaxation, hints at a soothing experience within the confines of a bathroom setting. It conjures images of plush bath rugs, warm tiles underfoot, and a serene ambiance that transforms this utilitarian space into a personal sanctuary. As we explore the concept of Bathroom Footsies, it becomes evident that the key to elevating this experience lies in the details – from soft, luxurious towels to well-chosen bathmats. To truly indulge in the sensation of Bathroom Footsies, consider enhancing your space with refinishing services that bring a touch of opulence to your bathtub and tiles. For a seamless transformation, explore the services offered at Supreme Bath Refinishing https://www.supremebathrefinishing.com/, where expertise meets elegance, promising a bathroom retreat that goes beyond the ordinary.
Posted 01 Feb 2024

Reply to Topic