Reema lashes out at hypocrites

1650 views 22 replies
Reply to Topic
MR NICE

Total Posts: 1124

Reema lashes out at Lollywood "hypocrites"
by MAIRA FAYYAZ

Lollywood's actress-turned-director Reema attacked the film industry people, Sunday, for showing a lack of concern for her very first production, Koi Tujh Sa Kahan, with regard to its theatrical release in the country on August 12, 2005. "It is impossible that one can avoid being a victim of hypocrisy which is rampant in the Pakistani film industry," she said, talking to newsmen at a local cinema.

Reema spoke vehemently of the way people like Syed Noor and Mubasher Lucman had announced the release of their blockbuster movies - Majajan and Pehla Pehla Pyar, respectively - on the same date. She accused them of formerly agreeing to give a free box office reign to her film and then backing out.

"No doubt competition is a good thing but only as long as it is positive.
"I am not feeling insecure at this development," she said, "but I must call a spade a spade and these people are hypocrites."

She added that when she confirmed the date (August 12) for her movie, everybody gave her warm wishes, "But now I've come to know that they have brought forth three big movies on the same date. What should I feel? Is it meant to damage my film?

"As far as cinema owners are concerned, I have talked with them of all my requirements and they've responded positively. So, I am satisfied on that account. I've proved myself as an actor and a model, now I will prove myself as a good director as well."

Moreover, Reema said that an Indian company offered to give a huge exposure to her movie, but when she read the agreement she realised that they just wanted to use this for their own vested interests.

Reema claimed that she could also show the agreement in a press conference.

She added that recently a documentary was shown on an Indian TV channel in which the presenter said that the Pakistani artists were looking towards Bollywood because that's where they expected to be paid better.
"I can claim that I've always preferred my country so that people may remember Reema," she said.

"Otherwise recently Rakesh Roshan offered me his film but I refused because I wanted to do quality work and no small parts."

Reema also invited the media to give her the support she deserved, saying that media could "make or break us".

She also exhorted Lollywood directors and producers to put a stop to all leg-pulling and hypocrisy which was eating into the film industry.

Posted 19 Jul 2005

Reply to Topic