"Parda" an issue???

3458 views 64 replies
Reply to Topic
friend_16

Age: 121
Total Posts: 10089
Points: 0

Location:
Pakistan, Pakistan
Question:

"when u see a girl all coeverd wht is the thing that comes in ur mind from her appearance??"

give ur opinion as well that y u have selected a particular answer ..

its a kind of a survey and ur opinions will be appreciated ...

feeel free to answer but plzz stay on the topic..
Posted 21 Jul 2005

she is just covered (dikhawa) she smokes...going out with friends
Posted 21 Jul 2005

jinko maine dekha hai unki baat ki hai
Posted 21 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
srk achay aur buray loog har jaga hotay hein .. it doesnt mean kay har larki ab aisee hee hai.. achee chezon ka bura use bhee hota hai..

i just asked that wht comes in ur mind from appreance??
Posted 21 Jul 2005

when i see someon with parda...i think she is really good muslim...
Posted 21 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
shahrukh khan said:

jinko maine dekha hai unki baat ki hai



mainey Generally poocha hai .. kuch specific nahi ...
Posted 21 Jul 2005

as srk said, aaj kal daikh kar pahla khyal yahi aata hay


pakistan ka nahin pata but here to ziada tar galz sirf dikhawa karti hain


to un ki wajha say, non muslims to hain hi but muslims bi ab aisa hi sochtay hain
Posted 21 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
come on barich as i said before har jaga achay buray loog hotay he hein .. as last days main isuue tha kay jitnay logoon ki darhi(beard) hoti hai wo saab terrorist hotay hein ... and i m not going to discuss this coz phir saab off the topic he baat karein gay..

i m talking GENERALLY ...
Posted 21 Jul 2005

friend_16 said:

shahrukh khan said:

jinko maine dekha hai unki baat ki hai



mainey Generally poocha hai .. kuch specific nahi ...


tu phir aapne kuch nahi dekha
Posted 21 Jul 2005

friend_16 said:

come on barich as i said before har jaga achay buray loog hotay he hein .. as last days main isuue tha kay jitnay logoon ki darhi(beard) hoti hai wo saab terrorist hotay hein ... and i m not going to discuss this coz phir saab off the topic he baat karein gay..

i m talking GENERALLY ...




ahan sorry hamain aap ta Q samajhnay main ghalti hoi thi shayad

phir to

sum1 close 2 her religion
Posted 21 Jul 2005

My vote would be non of the above.

When I see a Muslimah covered in hijab, I think of her to have overcome a strong human desire of showing-off and embraced a ruling from her God.

This however doesn't mean that she is into practice of true Islam.

On the other hand, when I see a Muslimah NOT covered in hijab, I think of her to have been overcome by a strong human desire of showing-off and having IGNORED a ruling from her God. This however doesn't mean that she is out of the fold of Islam or doesn't practice other injunctions of Allah and His messenger.

The point is, we can't judge people by their apperance and much less their intention behind their apperarance. In both scenerios, individuals may not have accepted complete Islam in their lives but live only part of it. Allah SWT demands from us complete submission to His will and order.
Posted 21 Jul 2005

Ashii says
sachi baat,,
koi bhi nahi

hijab wali or bager hijab k,,, mere liye koi fark nahi
until i dont know the person,, and the reason y does she wear it
bohot si larkiyan sirff iss liye bhi pehenti hein kyunke its imposed by their family
bohooott tsi larkiyan aisi hein jo after marriage hijab leti hein,,, ehemm reason batate hue mujhe khud ajeeb sa lagta hai,, so kuch nahi kehte hum

kuch log hote hein wakai aise k khud se respect karne ka dil karta hai
Posted 22 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
both for SD n SALL..

but i repeat my question ..

wht opinion comes into ur mind from her physical appreance??

coz kis nay kyun ye saab lia hai its a different thing..
Posted 22 Jul 2005

Xtreme says
well let the women do what ever they wanna do , parda no parda shouldnt be a problem. thats what i think. live n let live .
Posted 22 Jul 2005

Ashii says
hmmm..
okk,,, agar sirffffff dekh k opinion dena hai to
1st one --> according to Islamic values



Xtreme (suna suna sa naam hai,,, heheh... where have ya been??)
agar parda mardon k liye hota to aap ki baat pe sab RIGHHTTT bolte
par yahan aurat ki baat ho rahi hai,,, dehan se comments dein
hehehhehee...
(i personaly dont agree to ur opinion,, han par hamara attitude balanced hona chaiye, marrdon aur aurton ki taraf)
Posted 22 Jul 2005

sirf 20 % tu hijab pehenti hain...what most of larkiyan
Posted 22 Jul 2005

Who said there is no hijab for men. Modesty is for both, boys and girls; men and women are required to observe what is ordained.

Hijab's not just head gear. Girls are required to wear the headgear but boys required to wear modest clothing also. Both, boys and girls are required to lower their gaze at each other.
Posted 22 Jul 2005

Ashii says
i know SD
hum log symbols ko zyada mante hein,,
btw aaj tak nazrein neechi rakhne ko kissi ne issue nahi banaya

Y ??
Posted 22 Jul 2005

Hay is in the eyes
Posted 24 Jul 2005

Ashii says
woh to haiiii

sirf yeh puch rahi hu k haya ko aaj tak kissi ne issue kyun nahi banaayaaaaa..
i ve always heard k men r like that,, apni izzat karwani hai to parda karo

its a silly argument
dont u think ???
Posted 24 Jul 2005

Blue Oasis says
You can't make an oppinion on someone by the way they look. That's shallow and backward and silly.

I know girls who wear hijab but are sluts and - I know girls who wear western clothes and are very decent.

Posted 24 Jul 2005

Blue Oasis says
friend_16 said:

come on barich as i said before har jaga achay buray loog hotay he hein .. as last days main isuue tha kay jitnay logoon ki darhi(beard) hoti hai wo saab terrorist hotay hein ... and i m not going to discuss this coz phir saab off the topic he baat karein gay..

i m talking GENERALLY ...



Generally speaking I don't really think anything, other than that they are muslim.

But if I speak to a girl in hijab (who is a stranger) on the bus or in the library etc I will address her as 'sister'
Posted 24 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
Chandramuki said:

You can't make an oppinion on someone by the way they look. That's shallow and backward and silly.

I know girls who wear hijab but are sluts and - I know girls who wear western clothes and are very decent.



ur rite chand... but our problem today is people make comments on us on our clothings .. our physical beauty .. nobody looks inside, our inner beauty .. like sall said nobody cares about the HAYA ... esp men .. as if they can do anything they want.. only we galz need to cover ourselves .. wht about men???

still my question remains the same ..
Posted 25 Jul 2005

friend_16 says
people i need ur votes .. whtever u think kindly vote as well..

and if ur vote is no of the above .. then write in few words about u think about women totaaly covered??
Posted 25 Jul 2005

Chandramuki said:


I know girls who wear hijab but are ----- and - I know girls who wear western clothes and are very decent.



Wearing hijab in obedience of Allah bear many benefits -- salvage from greedy and lusty gaze of men possessed with sexual desires, symbol of haya and respect...
Those who wear hijab merely fulfill an Islamic requirement which doesn't mean they are righteous and pious. They may accepted one injunction of Quran but have not fully grasped other orders just like the other group.

Girls / women not wearing hijab are not necessarily bad and indecent. They however are deficient in fulfilling a divine injunction. This deficiency brings several ills - sick minds can't figure out from appearance who's good and who's not thus treat al women the same way.. They attract men to their appearance who only admire their physical being and ignore their intelligence...

Bottom line: Its not Hijab that's good or bad, its the peron who's wearing or not wearing it.
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Ashii says
hmmm,,,,,
so u think men admire a woman's 'intelligence and her inner feelings' if she wears hijab

plz dont mind
par kya me hans sakti hu
Posted 26 Jul 2005

What would a girl prefer while talking to men (a decent girl), they meet and pay attention to her body before attending to an intelligent person?

What's more respectable for a girl in the onlooking gazes to be a human or a sex object
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Blue Oasis says
friend_16 said:

Chandramuki said:

You can't make an oppinion on someone by the way they look. That's shallow and backward and silly.

I know girls who wear hijab but are sluts and - I know girls who wear western clothes and are very decent.



ur rite chand... but our problem today is people make comments on us on our clothings .. our physical beauty .. nobody looks inside, our inner beauty .. like sall said nobody cares about the HAYA ... esp men .. as if they can do anything they want.. only we galz need to cover ourselves .. wht about men???

still my question remains the same ..


Yes but why do you want strangers to look at you and understand your 'inner' beauty? I think it is important for people to mind their own buisness and not go around looking at others and making oppions about them.

If a girl wears hijab, don't stare at her wondering if she is really Islamic, and if a girl isn't wearing a hijab don't pry on her. The eyes are men's hijab, they are not meant to look at a women's body.

I think because sex education is such a frowned upon topic in Pakistan, people don't develope that sense of 'maturity', i.e. if you see a man/women scantily dressed, you ignore them, you don't get offended.
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Blue Oasis says
Smooth_daddy said:

What would a girl prefer while talking to men (a decent girl), they meet and pay attention to her body before attending to an intelligent person?

What's more respectable for a girl in the onlooking gazes to be a human or a sex object



Well a decent girl shouldn't be free mixing anyway. If she's so keen on presenting herself as an intelligent person she should be doing intelligent things (like getting a degree/working as a professional/ being a good mother etc) and then her actions would speak for intelligence themself.
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Blue Oasis says
SALL said:

hmmm,,,,,
so u think men admire a woman's 'intelligence and her inner feelings' if she wears hijab

plz dont mind
par kya me hans sakti hu



Men aren't meant to admire a unrealted women's anything.

But you know what? Hijab does make a women look respectful, and although most men want a girlfriend who's a tart they want to marry a women who's never even seen a guy and kept herself hidden from their eyes.
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Chandramuki said:

Smooth_daddy said:

What would a girl prefer while talking to men (a decent girl), they meet and pay attention to her body before attending to an intelligent person?

What's more respectable for a girl in the onlooking gazes to be a human or a sex object



Well a decent girl shouldn't be free mixing anyway. If she's so keen on presenting herself as an intelligent person she should be doing intelligent things (like getting a degree/working as a professional/ being a good mother etc) and then her actions would speak for intelligence themself.


Issue here is not free mixing or socializing, it is the appearance and how one is viewed from the outlook. Modesty in appearance (as defined and practised by the Prophet and his companions) wins respect and saves women from lusty eyes of indecent men.
Posted 26 Jul 2005

Reply to Topic