SRK & Amir in..Mahabhart?

2044 views 19 replies
Reply to Topic
Bush_Blasta

Total Posts: 2890

Source-Srkworld

In what promises to the mother of all blockbusters, efforts are on to cast superstars Shah Rukh Khan , Aamir Khan and Rani Mukhejree together in one film. Efforts have been made to cast Aamir and SRK together, but they never materialized. Rani has of course worked with both the Khans. But now, if a report in a leading newspaper is to be believed, producer Bobby Bedi is planning to cast these three superstars in his mega epic a trilogy on The Mahabharata with a budget of Rs 300 crore.

“The trilogy will capture the battles, intrigues, spiritual complexity and cultural aesthetics of India, 4,000 years ago. This will be my big project for the next three years,” says Bedi, adding that he discovered the power of the Mahabharata’s storyline after reading Girish Karnad’s script for Agnivarsha.

“While Rani will play Draupadi, Shah Rukh and Aamir will play Karan and Arjun, but I can’t reveal who’s who of the two. I hope to make a historic movie series in the manner of The Lord Of The Rings.”

“My Mahabharata will have the same imagination, special effects and creativity of Peter Jackson’s trilogy. In fact, we’ve asked The Lord Of The Rings’ team to work with us on this project. Mani Ratnam will direct the trilogy, which will roll soon,” says Bedi, the chairman of CII’s entertainment committee. Bedi plans to take India’s most ancient story to Gen Now across the globe.
Posted 08 Aug 2005

Reply to Topic