The shot-stick mechanic feels just like a direct answer to issues with latency online

144 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
Sunxuemei

Total Posts: 0

Some faces have too NBA 2K21 MT little detail and unusually large players such as Shaquille O'Neal (who is rostered on the"All-Time Lakers" squad readily available in the demonstration ) do not own the same type of massive existence they do in real life.

Thankfully, the longer I spent with the new shot-stick mechanic, the greater NBA 2K21 began to distinguish itself. The new shot meter, which necessitates aiming shots rather than just timing them, is utilized entirely with the ideal analog stick. It needs a straight pull down (or upward, when driving toward the basket) and then centering the stick inside the sweet spot on the meter. Not only did I find this brand new shot meter vastly more challenging, it also fixed a couple of other problems I've had with NBA 2K for years.

First of all, I never need to worry about accidentally throwing up a shot when I am trying to make a dribble move. Pulling back on the analog stick and holding it there will lead to a shot, while any flicks or other quicker motions will end in a rotational movement. The brand new shot meter opens up the right-stick to be used completely for dribbling moves, which includes the ability to size-up or use escape dribbles. Everything feels a whole lot cleaner, which is a wonderful change to get a series where matters were starting to feel too cluttered to restrain.

The shot-stick mechanic feels just like a direct answer to issues with latency online. Even though the demo does not feature the capability to play online games, it's easy to see a future where many online players will use the targeted shooter meter instead of the old timed meter (which remains accessible via the X or square button). Instead of trying to figure how much latency there will be with every jump shot, it should be a good deal more effective to pull back on the analog stick and aim the shot rather.

Still, aiming shots is unquestionably the harder of both options as things currently stand. I am excited to have a fresh ability to Buy NBA 2K21 MT Coins learn, but it's good to have both options available.

Posted 06 Jan 2021

Reply to Topic