How does this medicine work?
A Vomistop tablet works as a prokinetic and affects the area of the brain that controls reflexes like nausea and vomiting. By its action of blocking chemicals in the brain and the intestine, it leads to faster gastric emptying. It affects the upper digestive tract which enables food to move more easily in the stomach and the intestine.
Vomistop is generically known as a domperidone tablet, since it contains this compound. The action of this compound ensures antiemetic properties. This prevents nausea and vomiting and relieves bloating and gastric discomfort as well, by blocking the dopamine receptors in the brain and in the upper intestine.
Vomistop is usually used against pregnancy and morning sickness. However, it can also be used against a range of other gastric and stomach problems.
What is the usual dosage of Vomistop 10 mg?
Vomistop is usually taken with food as a whole, not broken or crushed or chewed. It should always be taken on an empty stomach, unless the doctor prescribes otherwise. It should be noted that increasing the frequency of the dose may not always help in controlling the condition better. If Vomistop is taken for pregnancy sickness, it must always be taken only according to the doctor’s instruction.
In case you have missed a dose, take it as soon as you can. It is alright to leave the dose if the timing is too close to the next schedule dose. This must not be done on a regular basis since the medicine loses its efficacy if it is not taken timely.
It is not established how an overdose affects patients, nevertheless, you should seek immediate emergency medical help in such a situation.
Side effects of Vomistop tablet:
· Stomach pain
· Irregular urination
· Irregular heart rate
· Difficulty in breathing
· Irregular menstrual cycles
· Fainting spells
· Breathing problems
· Skin rashes and itches
· Tenderness of breasts
It is vital to make sure your doctor knows if any of these persist for too long or if you develop unusual side effects. This would mean that a change in dosage is required.
What are the warnings and precautions associated with this medicine:
· Pregnancy and breastfeeding: this drug is usually prescribed under these circumstances, however, self medication can have adverse effects on the mother and the baby. Although this drug falls under the generic category of morning sickness medicines, during and after pregnancy, patients can have different reactions to different medications, hence a doctor should always be consulted before taking any medicine in these situations.
· Use in different age groups: unless it is specified by the physician, this medicine should not be administered to children below 10 years of age and adults over 65 years of age.
· Liver diseases: patients with a history of liver ailments such as hepatitis should not take this medicine unless it is prescribed by a doctor. Regular monitoring of liver function may be required.
· Allergies: discuss all food and drug related allergies with your doctor before you start treatment. In case you might be allergic to any of the components in this medicine, you might need to go for a check-up before you buy Vomistop 10mg.
· Cardiovascular diseases: patients with a history of heart diseases should take this medicine with caution as it may cause serious side effects.
· Kidney impairment: patients with a history of renal impairment should exercise caution while taking this medicine, since it can aggravate the condition. All symptoms should be reported to the doctor. Regular monitoring of kidney function may be required.
· Electrolyte imbalance: patients with a history of long-term electrolyte imbalance should always consult a doctor before taking a Vomistop tablet, as it may aggravate the condition. Proper monitoring of electrolyte levels should be done.
· Prolactin imbalance: in some patients, Vomistop tablets can interfere with prolactin levels, causing irregular menstrual cycles in women and breast enlargement in men, if taken for prolonged periods.
Vomistop should be used with caution in people who have a genetic history of breast cancer or suffer from it. Always let your doctor know your medical history before starting any medicine.
It is not advised to drive or operate any kind of heavy machinery under the influence of this medicine, since it can make people feel drowsy and disoriented. Although these are not common side effects, they can still be dangerous in certain situations.
Vomistop tablets do not have strong reactions to food, but it is not advised to drink alcohol while under treatment. Pregnant and breastfeeding women should anyway never consume alcohol.
Please note that any unusual side effect or symptom that you might develop during the treatment. In this case, you may need a dose adjustment or a replacement.
What are some common substitutes for Vomistop tablets?
This list does not indicate that these medicines can be used in place of one another. Always consult the physician if you feel like changing the treatment or if you don’t see any improvement. Common substitutes include:
· Antem 10 mg tablet
· Cezvom 10 mg tablet
· Domel-MT 10 mg tablet
· Gastractiv 10 mg tablet
· Gastrium 10 mg tablet
Interaction of Vomistop tablet with other drugs:
The following drugs react severely with Vomistop tablet and should never be combined:
1. Can I stop taking this drug if I don’t see improvement?
Ans- Do not stop taking the medicine before the course is over.
2. Is this a habit forming drug?
Ans- no such tendencies have been reported.
3. Does a Vomistop tablet affect the heart?
Ans- under normal circumstances, the drug has no effect on the heart health, but for those who suffer from cardiovascular problems, this can have a big toll.
Where to buy Vomistop 10 mg from and why?
You can buy this medicine from the Cheap Medicine Shop, where you can avail the best prices and deals on medicines. You can visit our website for more details. Our helpdesk is always open for questions.
We are among the top online pharmacies in the USA and guarantee a pleasing user experience. We only offer genuine products with replacement warranty and free shipping options.