What does my monthly mortgage payment include? And what does PI and PITI stand for?

1198 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
SirusMion

Total Posts: 0

What does my monthly mortgage payment include? And what does PI and PITI stand for?
Posted 01 Feb 2021

Why don't you ask at the bank what does this acronym mean?
Posted 01 Feb 2021

Striker1s says
I'm also interested in this. I thought that with the mortgage we just pay for the house, but recently I paid to the bank £500K that I owe. Somehow, I still haven't repaid my mortgage and owe some money
Posted 01 Feb 2021

Ace864 says
Your mortgage includes the price of the property and interest rates. That’s what PI stands for. Basically, when you apply for a mortgage you pay a way higher price for your house since you owe the interest rate to your bank. The acronym PITI stands for principal, interest, taxes, and insurance. When you apply for a mortgage, lenders usually estimate PITI for you to decide whether you qualify for a mortgage or not. They need to analyze your sources of income because they want you to repay your mortgage on time and avoid risks. Also, the higher the risk, then the as for higher the interest rate. These are some basic principles. But, I would recommend you not to hesitate to contact some other experts. When my brother applied for a mortgage, he consulted with Mortgage Advice Cardiff, and they guided him when he was applying for a mortgage.
Posted 01 Feb 2021

Striker1s says
Ace864 wrote:
Your mortgage includes the price of the property and interest rates. That’s what PI stands for. Basically, when you apply for a mortgage you pay a way higher price for your house since you owe the interest rate to your bank. The acronym PITI stands for principal, interest, taxes, and insurance. When you apply for a mortgage, lenders usually estimate PITI for you to decide whether you qualify for a mortgage or not. They need to analyze your sources of income because they want you to repay your mortgage on time and avoid risks. Also, the higher the risk, then the as for higher the interest rate. These are some basic principles. But, I would recommend you not to hesitate to contact some other experts. When my brother applied for a mortgage, he consulted with Mortgage Advice Cardiff, and they guided him when he was applying for a mortgage.
Thank you for sharing this! But currently I live in Birmingham. Do you think that still can help me?
Posted 01 Feb 2021

Reply to Topic