syed noor launches ’The Price of Honour’

1738 views 26 replies
Reply to Topic
yoyo

Total Posts: 986

Noor's social realism
by MAIRA FAYYAZ

"We hope to highlight issues that depict the most deplorable social realities, in a way never shown on celluloid before," claimed renowned film director Syed Noor, talking about his next movie 'The Price of Honour' in a press conference held here at a local hotel, Thursday.
"Our film's realism will shock the audience into thinking," he said.
"Going by the current trend in Lollywood, you might expect me to say that our film has DTS, it's been shot on foreign locales with a special camera, it has music recorded in India and choreographed by a Bollywood person and that it is the most expensive movie ever made in Pakistan. For me, these are irrelevant considerations.
"As far as 'The Price of Honour' is concerned it has been directed by me and penned by Afzal M Khan and myself. It is a research-oriented subject based on actual events. We spent six months on its script alone, translating it into the dialect of the region where the events took place. The entire movie will be shot on location in the village of Firozepura. There will be no glamorization of contents. How can you glamorize rape, abuse and murder?" he said.
Syed Noor added that that there would be no songs in the movie.
"The cast of all the key characters will be selected after auditions by Afzal Khan and myself. They will be selected on merit."
In reply to a query, Syed Noor said that although he enjoyed the reputation of making family movies such as Mehendi Waley Hath, Dupata Jal Raha Hai etc., 'The Price of Honour' "will not be a family film. It will be for adults!"
Posted 01 Sep 2005

Reply to Topic