‘This Is A Fun Show For Everyone,’ Says Katharine McPhee Of New Netflix Comedy ‘Country Comfort’

160 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
miniming

Total Posts: 0

‘This Is A Fun Show For Everyone,’ Says Katharine McPhee Of New Netflix Comedy ‘Country Comfort’

Could you use a good laugh right about now? How about some classic and contemporary country music? After the year we’ve just endured, escapism through feel-good entertainment is in tall order. The new Netflix comedy series Country Comfort is premiering at just the right time.

The ten-episode comedy, which premieres on March 19, comes from series creator, writer and showrunner Caryn Lucas and stars Katharine McPhee and Eddie Cibrian. The stellar cast also includes Ricardo Hurtado, Jamie Martin Mann, Griffin McIntyre, Shiloh Verrico, Pyper Braun, Janet Varney and Eric Balfour.

What Lucas (The Nanny) created is The Sound of Music set to some of country music’s biggest hits and the result is a delightful, heartfelt and fun binge that’s perfect for the entire family to watch together.

“I see the show as comfort food, like a grilled cheese sandwich,” Lucas said in a recent phone interview. She recalls how the idea for the show came to be and it all started with a meeting with the powers-that-be at Netflix. “I wanted to create an old-school family comedy and I always wanted to do a show with music. So I sat down and started to write and this came to me.”

The story is centered around a down-on-her-luck aspiring country singer, Bailey Hart (McPhee), who takes a job as a nanny for a rugged cowboy, Beau Haywood (Cibrian), and his five children. Bailey’s bad fortune turns when this family takes her in during a major storm after her truck breaks down in front of their house. With a never-give-up attitude and loads of southern charm, this newbie-nanny is able to navigate the family dynamics and become the mother figure they’ve been missing. And to her surprise, she also gets the band she’s been searching for in this musically talented family who help get her back on the road to stardom.

McPhee explained in a phone interview that she immediately fell in love with Bailey upon reading the script. “I loved the writing! Bailey is a hysterical complete mess. She wears her heart on her sleeve and goes a hundred miles an hour. She’s so much fun as a character to play. She has a great heart but might not be the best nanny or multi-tasker. And she's never going to give up this dream of becoming a country music star."

Unlike her character who has trouble multi-tasking, McPhee has juggled her singing and acting careers for years and she recently added a new role to her already full plate as a mom to a son with her husband David Foster.

In this role, McPhee dazzles with her singing, dramatic acting chops and impeccable comedic timing. She fits into an elite clique of multi-hyphenates that include the likes of Dolly Parton and Barbra Streisand.

Read More : pgslot

Posted 10 Mar 2021

Reply to Topic