Hurricane Katrina

4902 views 89 replies
Reply to Topic
LiL_DollY

Total Posts: 13322

I feel really bad for all those people going through such terrible times. Inshallah I pray that Allah SWt Bring them relief and peace soon and may their sufferings be over.
Posted 06 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says

what proof do you have that no one cared? in the Sky servay 78% of Britans voted against the war in Iraq. You have to stop saying things which aren't true srk
Posted 25 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says

Justice demands that Muslims should neither feel pleased with the misery of others, or retaliate against them, in accordance to the Islamic rule (5:8).

O you who believe! Be upright for Allah, bearers of witness with justice, and let not hatred of a people incite you not to act equitably; act equitably, that is nearer to piety, and be careful of (your duty to) Allah; surely Allah is Aware of what you do.

The principle of mercy in dealing with the others is the basis Islam has instituted in its legal and ideological framework..
Posted 25 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
jab baqi mamlat mein quran ki nahi maani to phir esey points per quran kiu le atey ho ?

Lekin 1 khaas baat hey kalma perhney walon mein... wo yey key ye doosri qomon key liey waqi mein taras rakhtey hein.

Jab pakistan bana to humarey bhai udher sey idher kis halat mein ayey, or idher sey hindu kis tarah udher gaye..yey sab ko pata hey.

Amreica sey to Europe bhi watt khata hey, Muslmanon to phir unhon ney mara hey, iss liey jab humarey 10000 key muqabley mein unnkey 50 bandey mertey hein..
to musalman tora sa kush hojata hey.

itna kush honey ka haq to hey na humein? ya woh bhi Geiron ko dena chahtey ho??

Britons britons voted against the war in iraq, yea sure Toney blair is american i assume??

Posted 25 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
i hope Rita just passes over washington and leaves dead like in afghanistan and in iraq.

One khateeb of a masjid was sentenced to life imprisonment for urging the muslims for jihad.

yea like all the attacks were being made due to his speeches.

One thing for sure Chandramukhi, they hate u. dont be fooled,they do hate u.
Posted 25 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says
BadShaH1 said:

Britons britons voted against the war in iraq, yea sure Toney blair is american i assume??

I don't agree with your values and know they are not the values of the muslim majority. Tony Blair has the power to make the choice of what country we go to war with, every world leader has that power, that doesn't mean it's what his people want because no civilian wants war it's their men who are dying not the leaders.

If you research on the stats you will know that the public oppossed sending our troops overseas. Haven't you heard the case of Dr Kelly? His death proved that even high standing officials in the parliment were against the war in Iraq.

Politics is dirty.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says
BadShaH1 said:

i hope Rita just passes over washington and leaves dead like in afghanistan and in iraq.

One khateeb of a masjid was sentenced to life imprisonment for urging the muslims for jihad.

Well I hate fanatics and extreamists, espicially those who use and abuse the name of religion for their own selfish goals.

And you don't know me BadShah do make comments on who hates me or those of my skin colour (which you also don't know). Who is this 'they'? Sterotyping is ignorant and wrong.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says
Chandramuki said:

BadShaH1 said:

Well I hate fanatics and extreamists, espicially those who use and abuse the name of religion for their own selfish goals. I'm disgusted by your thoughts of killing, instead of praying for God to show everyone the right path you're hoping for the death of innocent people. Islam isn't something exclusive to the Arabs or Pakis, it's a universal concept which isn;t racist like you.

And you don't know me BadShah to make comments on who hates me or those of my skin colour (which you also don't know). Who is this 'they'? Sterotyping is ignorant and wrong.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

oke chandramukhi
Posted 26 Sep 2005

baadshah blair was happy...ke iraq main war hui...
Posted 26 Sep 2005

gorey sab miley hain
Posted 26 Sep 2005

tum sab british complex ke shikar ho
Posted 26 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says
SRk you have no proof to back up any of your accusations, not only does this make your argument weak but makes you look like a rather bad example of a Mod.

Did Blair make a public statement or personally come and tell you he was happy about the war? I don't think so.

You're ment to have respect for people on this forum not spread racial hate. If you hate white people that's your problem and you have to keep it to yourself.

If you are going to debate about this issue with me you better agrue with hard facts that you can back up with creditable sources, otherwise I will continue to cut you down and waste both of our time and effort.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

if you really think blair was not happy with iraq war...then u r just like white ppl
Posted 26 Sep 2005

ask ppl here..
Posted 26 Sep 2005

Chandramuki, I partly agree with your view and disagree with part of it. War in Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism. US and UK went there on the pretext of WMD. Iraq didn't attack or was a threat to US or UK. They attacked iraq. Both democracies, where majority counts, brought back B&B back to power. People voted and agreed with B&B's wars.
Speaking of Media and air-time, Just think it over. how much air-time was used to incite hatred against Muslims, from movies, documentaries, talk shows... and don't forget western media's quest for capturing TV and media markets in the east as well -- Think it over.
Justice without bias: I believe and agree in it but let me ask you: in treatment of palestinians, you brought up Pakistani bias b/c in ur opinion, they sided with India so Pakis should not support a thing which is right only for that bias

So in a sum, just because we don't have large arsenals of weapons and because it is to the dismay of "West" that we stand up to them in ways that fit our circumstances, we must give everything to them and let them decide our fates!
You are mistaken if you think these wars are for right or wrong. These are wars of power shows and to strike "terror" of west in the hearts of anyone imagining standing upto them. These are wars to usurp world resources to serve world minorities by any means deemed fit for the cause.
oh! btw, watch your foot
Posted 26 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
Chandramuki said:

Chandramuki said:

BadShaH1 said:

Well I hate fanatics and extreamists, espicially those who use and abuse the name of religion for their own selfish goals. I'm disgusted by your thoughts of killing, instead of praying for God to show everyone the right path you're hoping for the death of innocent people. Islam isn't something exclusive to the Arabs or Pakis, it's a universal concept which isn;t racist like you.

And you don't know me BadShah to make comments on who hates me or those of my skin colour (which you also don't know). Who is this 'they'? Sterotyping is ignorant and wrong.

U know the muslims too well.maybe a few britons dont like war

so ur saying this is a political game. and politics should be blamed, yes politics is a large part of it.

I dont know when the war comes in our homes,, u would be fighting for them or for us.(it will come eventually i assure u)

Dont believe me? 2 down third on the stage. Nuclear Watch DOG suggests irans case for security council referral.. where there will be a long tussle b/w america and its coilation for immediate action, while China and russia will oppose for balance of power.

Next who?? syria?
maybe not in the next ten years, yea because first it has to be weakened with diferent sanctions, because the powerful uncle sam is too coward to fight head on.

Then pakistan?? I wont pray for the americans but i pray for u that U be with us if ur originally Pakistani (i mean) when the time comes.

That khateeb wus urging us to realize that the time will come eventually..so be prepared.He was not misusing Islam. Because Islam says " Know that Yahood o Nasara can never be your friends"

we are not good muslims, we can just support our brothers and sisters, because they need some kind of suport from us.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
OKay so the taliban were bad, look how the help from abroad came.

Afghanistan killings

Posted 26 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
And Oh the Rescue of the iraqi people From Mr saddam was so beautiful that it isnt able to be showed here. Just watch the pictures of palestenians, Iraqi's, Afghans, by searching on the net, n think for a moment, if it was happening around u, would u be supporting ur country fellows like that, because i dont know u and wut ur color is, but i guess u r a muslim and a human.
Posted 26 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
Smooth_daddy said:

Chandramuki, I partly agree with your view and disagree with part of it. War in Iraq had nothing to do with 9/11 or terrorism. US and UK went there on the pretext of WMD. Iraq didn't attack or was a threat to US or UK. They attacked iraq. Both democracies, where majority counts, brought back B&B back to power. People voted and agreed with B&B's wars.
Speaking of Media and air-time, Just think it over. how much air-time was used to incite hatred against Muslims, from movies, documentaries, talk shows... and don't forget western media's quest for capturing TV and media markets in the east as well -- Think it over.
Justice without bias: I believe and agree in it but let me ask you: in treatment of palestinians, you brought up Pakistani bias b/c in ur opinion, they sided with India so Pakis should not support a thing which is right only for that bias

So in a sum, just because we don't have large arsenals of weapons and because it is to the dismay of "West" that we stand up to them in ways that fit our circumstances, we must give everything to them and let them decide our fates!
You are mistaken if you think these wars are for right or wrong. These are wars of power shows and to strike "terror" of west in the hearts of anyone imagining standing upto them. These are wars to usurp world resources to serve world minorities by any means deemed fit for the cause.
oh! btw, watch your foot

Posted 26 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
shahrukh khan said:

baadshah blair was happy...ke iraq main war hui...

Han he had to defend his homeland na
Posted 26 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says
SD you always speak in a level headed, mature and resonable manner, I feel stimulated with your posts and always look forward to reading your reply!

I'm not biased in the issue of Palestine, I was just seeing the argument from both views.

As far as the morals of war and politics go I have one view regardless of who the war is with: I am against anything which kills innocents regardless of who they are - jews, muslims atheists, be it by natural calimities, war, famine, malaria etc. I don't need to see photos of people suffering, I'm a hospice volenteer and see children die on a weekly basis. I know how the smell of napham victims smells like roost meat and what it feels like to consoul a mother who's lost her only son in a war that nothing to do with her.

I also know that everything in the news is in a properganda form in way or another another, I studied the Cold War at great depth in college and am all to informed about the power of media. A few years ago I was part of a big college project which aimed to raise awarness about diversity, since we are mult-ethnic, the topic me and my group of 5 chose to give lectures in London on (this was to the MP and a large group professionals from various practices)
was ISLAMOPHOBIA. We explained how much the media was to blame for it and how to avoid it.

Don't worry about my foot, it's been in a lot worse places and gotten out fine   
Posted 27 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
wut is islamophobia, plz shed some light on it.
Posted 27 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
Is it holding on to ur religion, and not following the liberal thoughts of the modern world..?
Posted 27 Sep 2005

Islamophobia is the fear and hatred towards Islam. This has been a leading cause of Westerners rejecting Islam and Muslims and willing to take extreme actions against it. This is largely because media over decades painted an ugly picture of Islam and Muslims. Muslims in the west and muslim countries did nothing to stop it then. You and I have to do their and our jobs to fix it.
Posted 27 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
okay SD
yes the media is powerful,Chandermukhi
but in pakistan u get a first hand experience of many conflicts, its the axis of fundamentalism u see.So the Media is also a information source here, not THE info source.
Posted 29 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
and the media gives the idea basing on a primary idea, yes it is exxagerated, but any one can get the point lying behind it.
Posted 29 Sep 2005

yea, but what wld you do with those who eat it right up whatever comes from media.
Posted 29 Sep 2005

Blue Oasis says

Islamophobia - Spot on SD My group stressed the importance of not forming stereotyped based on what you see of muslims in the media.

As for the validity of the media, well there's no smoke without fire, but it's important to form your views using a variety (at least 3) of different sources so you get a more precise picture. Just like the research you do when doing homework or a project, you use many different books, net, cds, lecturers.
Posted 29 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says

SD n CM

I agree on ur Three media sources concept.
1- From One side's poit of view
2-From the other side's point of view
3-Neutral view
Posted 30 Sep 2005

Why our media's busy with entertainment?
Posted 30 Sep 2005

Reply to Topic