Man City 2-2 Chelsea: Blues close in on WSL title

485 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
Jim78

Total Posts: 0

Chelsea tightened their grip on the Women's Super League title after holding on for a 2-2 draw at closest rivals Manchester City.
On a pivotal night at the Academy Stadium in Manchester, the reigning champions twice surrendered their lead and were indebted to goalkeeper Ann-Katrin Berger for a stunning late save from Lauren Hemp that kept Gareth Taylor's side at bay.
Sam Kerr had put the Blues ahead with a powerful header (25), only for Chloe Kelly to swiftly hit back (29) during a frantic first half.
Kerr then won a penalty that Pernille Harder converted (34) but City responded again after the break as Hemp (74) punished a series of Blues blunders.
That set up a thrilling finale as City sought a winner that would have turned the title race on its head but Berger denied Hemp with a brilliant fingertip save to ensure Emma Hayes' side maintained their two-point gap at the top with just two games to go.

Posted 22 Apr 2021

AlexGreen says
Hey! I cannot say that I am against women's football. Everyone can do what they love. This is true. However, I am sure that the maximum effect is in men's sports. I never get worried when I watch women's league matches. But classic soccer gives me a lot of betting opportunities. By the way, look at this site - https://www.ua-football.com/en/betting/bookmakers/8-bukmeker-1xbet/registratsiya You can save no time and check the men's and women's soccer betting odds. This may surprise you.
Posted 22 Apr 2021

Reply to Topic