Majajan inspired by Bulleh Shah’s Ishq

6275 views 515 replies
Reply to Topic
yoyo

Total Posts: 986

Majajan inspired by Bulleh Shah's Ishq
by GHULAM HUSSAIN

Majajan is a love story Syed Noor says he "made most passionately". Inspired by the life of Baba Bulleh Shah and his 'ishq' with his 'murshad', the film is in its post-production and will be released on Eidul Fitr.
Talking to The Nation Plus, the director of Majajan, showman Syed Noor said that he was a very romantic person. "Hence, the film.
"When I read the verses of Baba Bulleh Shah I promised myself that I will make a film on the great sufi poet's 'ishq' and I was looking for an opportunity to do that. So, I discussed the story with my wife (Rukhsana Noor) who is also a writer. She converted it into a full-fledged script and finally I created Majajan."
"She (Saima) didn't compromise on quality, and spent lavishly on making Majajan a masterpiece," he said.
Love knows no caste or creed, and it fights all obstacles and hindrances that come in its way. This is what Majajan is about. A Syedzada (played by Shan) falls in love with a poor village belle (Saima) who sings songs in the various village occasions. The lady knows that she belongs to a lower class and is no match for the Syedzada.
The Syedzada, on the other hand, adores Baba Bulleh Shah and performs dhamal on his verses, wearing ankles around his feet.
Noor said that Shan was playing such a character for the very first time on screen. The film revolves completely around Shan and Saima, and both the artistes are said to have given their best performance to date.
"Shan will prove with this film that he is not just good for the usual Punjabi film roles, but also for more subtle characters."
Noor added that the album of Majajan had ten songs in all, but only five had been added in the film. Zulfikar Ali has composed the music of the film, while Aqeel Rubby, Rukhsana Noor, Khursheed Kamal and Khawaja Pervez have written the lyrics.
Noor said that the songs in the film were all situational. He hoped that they would be enjoyed by the audience.
"I'm sure my songs will remind the audience of films like Pattan, Mukhrra, Naji, Ishq-e-Laila, Yakkey Wali and Kartar Singh."
Noor also said that Majajan was a pure Pakistani film because it had been shot entirely in Pakistan. Though the processing work has been done in Bangkok because this is a DTS film.
"I have hired no Indian singer, composer, choreographer, lyricist, cinematographer or actor," Noor said gushingly.
"Majajan is also a pure family entertainment. I am sure our ladies and families will like it immensely."
It may be mentioned here that Majajan also marks the comeback of Madiha Shah, a talented actress of the 90s. She plays Shan's wife.
Noor was all praise for Madeeha, "It is very unfortunate that the film industry forsake such a good artiste (as Madeeha Shah). There is a whole treasure of talent in her. I am sure if I had cast another actress she would not have delivered as well as Madeeha did."
The film also stars Saud, Shafqat Cheema, Rashid Mehmood, Adeeb, Shabnam Chaudhry, Iftikhar Thakur, Sardar Kamal, Raseela and Kajal.
Posted 29 Sep 2005

i wish it could be an urdu movie i mean whats the point in investing hell of a money on the movie which is made for one province ?????????
Posted 30 Sep 2005

Saud, Shafqat Cheema, Rashid Mehmood, Adeeb, Shabnam Chaudhry, Iftikhar Thakur, Sardar Kamal, Raseela and Kajal.

Posted 30 Sep 2005

yoyo says
well the highest grossing film in pakistan was a punjabi film, so there is a point investing in a punjabi film.
Posted 30 Sep 2005

golimaro2 says
charizmatic said:

i wish it could be an urdu movie i mean whats the point in investing hell of a money on the movie which is made for one province ?????????

well chriz it would b very ridiculous to make an urdu film on a punjabi sofi poet while u r including his kalam in it as well.the punjabi sofi poets r treasure 4 all of us not only 4 punjab.yhe film songs r really depict our culture.although saima anti is in it but i still love the song coz mayb i can understand it.the song ja we kachya karya is beautifully written n picturised as well.cheti bori we tabeba is amazing song.its composition is excellent.shan's dhamal is good.i hope it will b a good film coz it has a depth.what is looking from the songs do far.
Posted 30 Sep 2005

taify says
Punjabi Movie??Ehhhhhhhhhhhhhh nah i am not stepping in the cinema for this.
Posted 30 Sep 2005

what a cast
Posted 30 Sep 2005

golimaro2 said:

charizmatic said:

well chriz it would b very ridiculous to make an urdu film on a punjabi sofi poet while u r including his kalam in it as well.the punjabi sofi poets r treasure 4 all of us not only 4 punjab.yhe film songs r really depict our culture.although saima anti is in it but i still love the song coz mayb i can understand it.the song ja we kachya karya is beautifully written n picturised as well.cheti bori we tabeba is amazing song.its composition is excellent.shan's dhamal is good.i hope it will b a good film coz it has a depth.what is looking from the songs do far.

well i have no prob with punjabi language i too can understand panjabi as well but it can be a double version film i mean in the past there are quite a few movies which were dubbed in both punjabi and urdu it only can create the opportunity for the movie to be a nation wide success i mean look every where either its bollywood or hollywood they make double version films and if iam not mistaken the babra sharif and ghulam mohyuddin starrer MERA NAAM HAI MOHABBAT was released in china and were dubbed in chinease language and was a huge success there.
Posted 30 Sep 2005

what do you think chriz....is it gonna be hit?
Posted 01 Oct 2005

taify says
with current condition going i guess,It is gonna be a hit in Punjab Circuit but else where..i doubt
Posted 01 Oct 2005

ya just in punjab
Posted 01 Oct 2005

well srk it ill be a hit in punjab circuit for sure but iam really doubtfull abt its nation wide success.
Posted 01 Oct 2005

golimaro2 says
tell me one thing was choorian a hit in punjab or nationwide i dont know the answer really
Posted 02 Oct 2005

chooriyan was good movie
Posted 02 Oct 2005

golimaro2 said:

tell me one thing was choorian a hit in punjab or nationwide i dont know the answer really

well choriyan was a block buster success in punjab circuit but below average to flop else where.
Posted 04 Oct 2005

well should be hit eveywhere
Posted 04 Oct 2005

golimaro2 says
lekin Mr Mubasher lucman told that choorian's business was 28 carores how is it possible than only Punjab circuit cant collect this much
Posted 05 Oct 2005

28 carores he must be kidding buddy as he always do yea it might be 2 carores but 28 carores common yaar if u combine the business of yeh dil apka huwa,salakhain and kyun tumse itna pyaar hai even that wont be 28 carores
Posted 05 Oct 2005

yoyo says
chooriyans business wasnt 28 crores it was 38 crores and it was a blockbuster in punjab and hit in sindh.
Posted 05 Oct 2005

golimaro2 says
ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ye ap ko Mr lucman ne bataya ho ga hai naaaaaa
Posted 06 Oct 2005

38 carores han jee ur rite aap sahi keh rahay hein
Posted 06 Oct 2005

Abrardh1 says
just a bit off topic but Majajan may release here in the UK on Big Eid

If it does not realease on Big Eid but it will definaite release in the UK.
Posted 28 Nov 2005

golimaro2 says
how do u know jee
Posted 28 Nov 2005

Abrardh1 says
golimaro2 said:

how do u know jee

I found out from a radio station here in the UK and also they played a song from the film.
Posted 28 Nov 2005

MR NICE says
This is true because currently Syed Noor is in the UK to finalise the arrangements for the release of Majajan in the UK. Moviebox will be releasing it.
Posted 29 Nov 2005

golimaro2 says
syed noor has gone mad a punjabi film n saima anti starrer whose gonna watch in uk ppl those who rejected ktsk jesi briallent film
Posted 29 Nov 2005

MR NICE says
Golimaro2 this is not true because the majority of the Pakistanis living in the UK are from the Punjab and there is also a big Sikh community here. Alot of them want to see Punjabi films.

Choorian did great business here and Mehndi Walay Haath even with a limited release went house fall.

Just recently Jimmy Shergill's "Yaaran Nal Bharan" did a business of nearly £50,000 which in fact was nearly double then the business of KTSK.

There is a market for Punjabi films in the UK along as the product is good.
Posted 30 Nov 2005

yoyo says
syed noor has returned from uk.

the film should release in pak and uk on eid ul azha
Posted 08 Dec 2005

MR NICE says
I saw some song clips of the film yesterday on Prime TV. I was impressed by what I saw. Credit goes to Syed Noor the phtography, song picturisation and the print quality were great.

Believe it or not but Saima was looking stunning in some of the scenes.
Posted 09 Dec 2005

golimaro2 says
did u see that song tere ishk nachya thats excellent song music is realy impressive of this song   
Posted 09 Dec 2005

MR NICE says
I don't think they showed that song but I may be wrong. I was just blown away how Saima looked and the visuals were really nice.
Posted 09 Dec 2005

Reply to Topic