A MILLION FOR NOTHING

2047 views 26 replies
Reply to Topic
nikama

Total Posts: 3660

past two weeks I have been traveling from city to city to attend the marriages.as u know marriage mania is on its peak b4 Ramadhan and being the eternal escape goat of the family i have to represent all at all occasions.not that i am complaining,with so much to eat so much to see who will ?but one thing that i want to discuss right now is the escalating cost of this highly risky adventure called marriage.every larki walas give atlest 12 to 20 tolas of gold to their daughter in order to as they say keep their nose high in the family.and that costs abt 200000,bridal dresses these days cost abt one hundred to hundred and fifty thousand rupees.and the electric appliances alomg with crockery cuttlery etc.adds up another lac or two. and the larka walas also have to bear almost the same amount.and mind it that i am talking abt my own middle class as for those in the upper classes i cant even guess how mmuch they spend.a couple of days ago i attended a very elite walima in islamabad,cost per head at the 5 star was 1650 and abt 500 people were invited.now the tragedy is that all this is useless,as walima is forgotten the very next day,bridal dresses get packed into the big fat trunk.jewellery goes to bank lockers.only kitchen items are used that too with the permission of dulhan.SO WHATS THE BIG DEAL
Posted 30 Sep 2005

Reply to Topic