D&D storytime

344 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 189

This is just a place to tell about funny or interesting experiences in Dungeons & Dragons.

And now, the story of the death of Galladin Elmwhisper, which is quite possibly the dumbest death in D&D history.

(background information: We were playing in the official Tomb of Annihilation campaign. We were all level 9, and my character, Galladin, was a druid)

We were inside the Tomb of the Nine Gods, and there was a room and the only way in was by entering a trapped door that would snap on you if you tried to enter. So, I thought, "Hey, if I turned into a fly, I could fly in undetected," so I turned into a fly and flew in successfully. Then, I see some little holes in the floor, so I flew in to investigate.

Turned out, those holes were actually spider dens.

DM: "You fly into the hold and look around, when suddenly, a horde of spiders surrounds you."

so, I rolled to try to escape, and I think I rolled like, an 8, so yeah, i failed.

"As the Spiders suck the life out of you, you revert to your true form, but since you are inside a tiny hole, your body explodes under the pressure."

and in a normal campaign, the cleric could just slap a revivify on me, but in this campaign, there's this curse that stops that from happening, so Galladin is gone forever.

And that's my dumbest death in Dungeons and Dragons, and possibly the dumbest death in the history of the game, I hope you enjoyed my story and I'd like to hear any stories you have.

Posted 15 Jun 2021

Rodrigo says
I would tell my story, but I have long forgotten them all because I played this game 25 years ago. But it's a good topic, and I would read the stories of others.
Posted 15 Jun 2021

Nelson says
I'm new to this game, but I'd still like to write something about my adventures. I recently started playing as a mage and only went to the second level. I have access to some problematic spells for me to use because I am terrible at them. Yes of course one site helps me https://dndguide.net/ in learning the game, but I want to watch some video tutorials. But on YouTube, I can't find anything helpful about this game, as it is pretty old. So I want to ask if you could help me with my situation or give me some advice, where to start and is best to play
Posted 15 Jun 2021

Reply to Topic