ESEE-4

115 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
HeatherLagan233

Total Posts: 0

Randall's Adventure and Training manufactures several excellent survival knives. This company has only been around since 1997 but they are making a huge impact in the knife world. They recently changed their name from RAT to ESEE due to ongoing confusion with Ontario Knives using their RAT name. Using superior materials and keeping a close eye on function has made these knives a favorite to many outdoorsmen. Plus their knives are made here in the U.S.A.

I personally like the ESEE-4 with the orange handle and the dark green blade. You may think my taste in colors a bit strange but if you drop this knife in a heavily wooded area you'll be able to find it immediately. They also make a tan version and a black and gray version, excellent knives but could be difficult to find if you dropped it. With the price of good knives these days I wouldn't want to take the chance of losing it.

Many of ESEE's knives come with plain or serrated blades so be careful when you purchase yours that you get the right one. There are codes that define the color and the blade type when you order them. You can see some of the different ESEE knives here. You can find some great information there.

The link below is for the orange knife pictured above and the model number is correct. If you have any doubt about what you're getting, always, always, always email the vendor to verify what you are ordering. And if orange isn't your favorite color, of course you can look around there for a color you like better.

Oh, and one more thing... ESEE's customer service is second to none. I read a post where a guy broke the tip off of his knife using it as a lever to open a box lid. (Something the knife wasn't designed to do.) One of the owners asked him to first send him his mailing address and then to post a picture of the knife on the forum for everyone to see. He then promptly mailed him a replacement knife and told him to keep the old one as a "beater" knife. Now THAT'S customer service.

Posted 30 Jul 2021

Reply to Topic