Buying a new welder

397 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
SamyBlond

Total Posts: 0

Hi all, I've decided its time to buy a new arc welder to replace a turned transformer model I've had for some years.

The new inverter machines are smaller, lighter and more controllable so I'm going for one of those.

I have a great Mig set up for thin stuff but I prefer stick welding for anything beefy.

The one I'm looking at can also be used for Tig welding but I'm not
sure I would ever use it never mind master the dark art lol.

I'd love to hear any comments or tips.

Posted 05 Aug 2021

SamyBlond says
td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}I've been thinking about learning how to weld for a long time
Posted 06 Aug 2021

I have never understood welding, it seems to me that it is all very difficult.
Posted 10 Aug 2021

Amazing knowledge and I like to share this kind ofinformation with my friends and hope they like it they why I do skribblio
Posted 10 Aug 2021

alanruther says
td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:same-cell;}Hello. I don't think that welding is difficult enough to master, the main thing is to be careful and know what to do. I remember how a friend told me what was wrong, did the arc when, welded the fence. I think almost all beginners make mistakes, the main thing is to learn them. Also, a friend found a website where he took some interesting ideas for welding https://ratemywelder.com/61-cool-welding-project-ideas-for-home-hobbies-or-to-sell/. He also said that he saw that there are welder courses on the website that he plans to enroll in. I think he will be able to be an excellent welder and it is also beneficial for me.
Posted 10 Aug 2021

Reply to Topic