SO MANY OF U I NOTICED...

2004 views 42 replies
Reply to Topic
Bazigaar

Total Posts: 40761

so many of members here i noticed take QURAN word by word...correct? i remember there was a debate here while back about Holy prophet (PBUH) being last prophet, and few more issues...and most members gave their reasoning from quranic verses...saying look this is what quran says...literally..instead of trying to understand the deeper meaning of it...

so for those...who take quran literally, i have a question for u...( i know the answer, i wanna hear from u)

1. r muslims allowed to marry non-muslims?
Posted 24 Nov 2005

Ashii says
hmm,, there was a topic abt shadi with gair muslim
and someone (may b Z or SD) posted a vv detailed reply
and beleive me first time i got an answer jo dil ko lagta tha

u better search for this topic
Posted 24 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
well, since i dunno about that topic, why don;t u help me search it i'll try too
Posted 24 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
i think this was the topic sall right? can u copy paste that reply for me here?

http://www.janubaba.com/wforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=13486&PN= 12

btw, i am not asking if muslims should marry non-muslims or not or what r the disadvantages...all i am asking is..r they allowed according to quran?
Posted 24 Nov 2005

nikama says
well,they r allowed to marry only those who believe in divine books.i dunno whether its mentioned in Quran or not but thats what i know
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Ashii says
yep,, yehi topic hai bazu

hmmmmm,,,, well yeh to mujhe bhi nahi pata k kahan likha hai
but itna pata hai k
Quran + ahadees + sunnah + sharia = islam
Posted 25 Nov 2005

nikama says
yes,precisely so
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
i am not asking kidher likha hae quran mae...

all i am asking is...can we marry non-muslims according to quran?

nikama - likw u said only believers of divine books...so basically muslims can marry a muslim, christian and a jew according to quran...correct?
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
kidher hain yar sab religion ke experts?

simple question...not asking if we should marry non-muslims or not...asking only if we r allowed..or no?
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Ashii says
i didnt get ur question bazu
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
ok here goes again...

according to quran, is a muslim allowed to marry a non-muslim?
Posted 25 Nov 2005

nikama says
Shahenshah said:

...so basically muslims can marry a muslim, christian and a jew according to quran...correct?

yes,correct.
Posted 25 Nov 2005

yup they can marry to jews..christan...coz wo ehle kitaab wale log hain
Posted 26 Nov 2005

nikama says
yea,so...
Posted 27 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
batata hoon...kuch aur logon ko bhi reply kernay do
Posted 27 Nov 2005

Answer to an oversimplified question is, yes and no
Posted 28 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
Smooth_daddy said:

Answer to an oversimplified question is, yes and no

how can it be yes and no? or i should ask...in what conditions is it yes and in what conditions is it no?
Posted 28 Nov 2005

you bet!
conditions must be met before marrying non-muslims just like conditions must be met even before marrying a muslim.
Posted 28 Nov 2005

nikama says
baat kuch pale nahin pari
Posted 28 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
Smooth_daddy said:

you bet!
conditions must be met before marrying non-muslims just like conditions must be met even before marrying a muslim.

well, since i dunno the conditions..anyone mind telling me...

say i have this girl here..she;s christian...so what coditions should i meet before i marry her?
Posted 28 Nov 2005

She has to be from Mohsinat
Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama says
MOHSINAT will u explain?
Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama said:

baat kuch pale nahin pari

when marrying a Muslim, conditions of adulthood, mehar, consent of both parties and that of the wali of the bride must be fulfilled before a marriage contract can be actualized.

Marrying a non-muslim woman requires conditions fulfilled before marriage could be actualized. These conditions include that the woman should be a believer in a religion for which Allah sent down a book. She must be from Mohsinat. Mohsinat are defined as those who are God concious, chaste, do not have hatred toward Islam and Muslims and maintain a high standard of morality and haya.
Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama says
hmmm,a tough criteria
Posted 29 Nov 2005

It's become a joke now a days
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
yup...but problem is...on another point in Quran, God says:

[5:51] O you who believe, do not take Jews and Christians as allies; these are allies of one another. Those among you who ally themselves with these belong with them.

so on one hand we r allowed to marry then, on the hand we r told not to take them as allies /friends?

Posted 29 Nov 2005

Good question.

Issue of marriage with women of people of the book is permitted and so is friendly dealings with the people of the book. Islam (Quran) does not restrict Muslims, it actually encourages gentle and kind treatment towards the people of the book.

Verse you are referring from Quran are specific about taking people of the book as "Aulia" - protectors and fast / true friends. This verse and other similar verses are words of caution and admonition for Muslims as a society. Allah also gave the reason - they are protectors and fast friends of each others, i.e don't count on them; they will be friends to you so long as you are not at odds with one, of their own background. Such verses refer to situation of conflict and war in particular. Seeking help and support of non-muslims against Muslims is strictly prohibited.
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
yup..they r fats friends of eachothers but not mmuslims, so how can a christian or jew girl be a good life partner of a muslim when she's actually not religiously friends with muslims?

the point i am trying to prove is...we can;t take quran word by word...otherwise in an example like this...quran says one thing about being friends with jews/christians and another things when it comes to marry them...

we have to see beyond what quran lietraly saying and try to get understand the true meaning for it...

agree or not?
Posted 29 Nov 2005

I never disagreed with indepth study and understanding of Quran. It should, however, not be misconstured with attempts to twist verses of Quran to support one's own ideologies. In Quran, verses with muhkamat do not need interpretations after what Allah's messenger already explained and are set in stones. Verses with mutashabihat, can not be fully understood or explained with limited human knowlege.

Marrying a christian girl with conditions mentioned above is permissible but not recommended. Someone with no hostility toward islam and muslims is far less likely to go against Islam and Muslims and particularly her own family (husband, children, ...)
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Bazigaar says
Smooth_daddy said:

Marrying a christian girl with conditions mentioned above is permissible but not recommended. Someone with no hostility toward islam and muslims is far less likely to go against Islam and Muslims and particularly her own family (husband, children, ...)

for anyone out there who just look at quran as it is...i was trying ti present example k what would they do now.. otherwise this issue, i know what quran says when he says don;t be friends with christians./jews....
Posted 29 Nov 2005

points well taken
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Reply to Topic