STRETCHING WEED AND GETTING HIGH: THE GRAVITY BONG

147 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
freeamfva

Total Posts: 0

I went through a phase that most stoners do at some point: weed was getting too expensive for me. I tend to favor large bongs for my weed-smoking, but bongs do tend to fire through your stash. Joints can be just as bad. So when I’m trying to stretch my weed, I often find myself opting for small handpieces.To get more news about big bongs, you can visit sharebongs.com official website.
I’m not super into vaping, so although weed-flower vaporizers are by far the most efficient way of smoking weed (although good vaporizers aren’t cheap either so you really have to commit to it if it’s for the purposes of saving money), I missed the combustion component of smoking weed. Someone described vaping flower as similar to sipping tea, whereas smoking flower is more like drinking a cup of coffee. What I’m about to suggest, if using that scale, is probably more like drinking a monster energy drink.
Now, I’ll disclose my bias and a strong disclaimer. This, again, is my personal opinion and is in no way a reflection of what you should be doing to enjoy your weed to the max. I’m weirdly into smoking gravity bongs. My friends make fun of me for smoking gravity bongs, and it’s not a very adult thing to do. And while there is something inherently silly about smoking out of an empty coke bottle, it is undeniably a super-efficient way to smoke weed. Sort of like when you’re doing hot knives doing a gravity bong rip is kind of like a super rudimentary way of doing a dab mixed with a bong hit. Like doing a dab, there isn’t much waste.

Because of the way gravity works, no smoke is lost at all. Beyond that, you’re literally pushing the smoke into your lungs. You inhale deeply, whether you mean to or not. Ok, I’m a little bit of a glutton for punishment, and it’s a pretty harsh way to do a bong rip. There’s no denying that you will likely cough your brains out, maybe end up with some weed sweats, perhaps feel like you’ll never breathe again, but to me, it’s worth it.The gravity bong you see here took me less than five minutes to make and cost me a grand total of zero dollars (the soda bottle was in the recycling). It worked like a charm. I hadn’t taken a gravity bong hit in a little while, and after I took one hit (which means about a quarter gram of weed at the most) I was so high I couldn’t form sentences. A successful experiment for sure.
Most people’s association with gravity bongs probably comes from their early years or college parties. Someone has a full bathtub and a gravity bong, and everyone takes turns doing them. But it’s pretty easy to make a single-use countertop version or slightly nicer ones that you can wash and use regularly. I was fortunate to have a very good friend who knew exactly what I wanted for my birthday and made me a cool one….but I lost it along the way.
The concept is pretty straightforward, and I’m going to include a link for how to make them. Thanks to the wonderful world of the internet you can find directions on WikiHow!
You can also make what are called waterfall gravity bongs, but I always opt for that basic set up. Pick your bottles and water vessels of whatever size you want. I’ve made ones as small as water bottles, and ones as big as trashcans.
Just remember not to push down on the gravity bong while the cap with the weed is on it, because the pressure will send all your weed flying – which is obviously not the best. Go nice and slow and stick with small bowls until you’re sure that your setup works, and that you can handle taking a big old gravity bong rip.They also sell fancy ones made out of glass online. Once Seth Rogan (probably my favorite stoner related celebrity content) showed off one, a gravity bong that rotated. If you’re a MacGyver-style stoner like me, I’m sure you’ll experiment with lots of different setups. But all of them are great for getting toasted, and you’ll be shocked how high you get proportionate to the amount of weed that you’re putting in there!
Posted 27 Dec 2021

Reply to Topic