’People swear by Shah Rukh’

1220 views 11 replies
Reply to Topic
bacenty

Total Posts: 279

After the DVDs of The Inner and Outer World of Shah Rukh Khan by Nasreen Muni Kabir, Shah Rukh Khan’s fans can now look forward to a book on him titled SRK — Still Reading Khan.

The biography has been penned down by journalist-cum-scriptwriter Mushtaq Sheikh whose association with Khan dates back over ten years. The Making of Asoka and Devdas — The Indian Hamlet were the two books Mushtaq Sheikh had penned down earlier.

Speaking about the book, Mushtaq said, "Shah Rukh is an idea bank which I have been toying and experimenting with for years now. My earlier two books The Making of Asoka and Devdas — The Indian Hamlet, both have been a result of my association with the man, the actor, the super creative human and his never-say-die attitude.

Mushtaq said that his book would cover everything about the actor who made the cine name Rahul world famous. "Shah Rukh Khan, the actor means a world to the cinegoers who have sworn undying love for him for more than a decade. It’s his name, his persona, his magic, his sensitive side and his thick hide, which he wears as a survivor. His self-depreciating humour and his undeterred belief in himself. His journey from nowhere, into the hearts of every Indian is the fodder for the book."

When asked why a title like SRK — Still Reading Khan, Sheikh replied, "I am trying to say that I am reading a man by keeping him ‘still’. Still reading Shah Rukh Khan, who moves faster than light can see — I thought this was certainly the best name this book could warrant (laughs)." .
Posted 09 Dec 2005

Reply to Topic