Ashii

Total Posts: 31001

shariat court kya hai ????
Posted 20 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
court where decisions r made under islamic law
Posted 20 Mar 2006

SohniKuddi says
the shariah is the laws of islam, therefore the shariat court would be where rulings and judgments are applied through the teachings of islam. I read a book on islamic law, i have to say most of the laws we have today compliment the laws of islam, laws of morals are derived mainly from religion.
Posted 22 Mar 2006

Ashii says
Bazigaar said:

u mean in other pakistani courts decisions taken r non-islamic

SohniKuddi said:

i have to say most of the laws we have today compliment the laws of islam, laws of morals are derived mainly from religion.

thnx SK
if that s the case,,, y do we need a SHARIAT COURT
Posted 22 Mar 2006

Ashii says
kissi ko bhi nahi pata ?????
Posted 27 Mar 2006

Bitoo says
mai batao acha pooch ker batao ga
Posted 27 Mar 2006

yeh kaunsa court hai...kahan sey suna hai sall?
Posted 27 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

Bazigaar said:

u mean in other pakistani courts decisions taken r non-islamic

a little bit...not 100% islamic...

for example...in islam, murder is saza phansi nahi hae...but pakistan mae phansi de jati hae...chori ke saza islam mae imprisonment nahi hae for a given time period....but pak mae jail hote hae..etc etc...
Posted 27 Mar 2006

Sall, your question was a bit vague at first. Bazi's first response was what I would have said too. Later when you asked in Pakistan's context, it became clearer. It is very different from a conventional court. In Pak, Sharia court is an appellate branch of Supreme court. An appellate court review judicial laws / appeals and review decisions of lower courts.

In simple words, Sharia appellate court will review a law or a decision when challenged in a sharia court. That is validity of a law or decision on Islamic principles.
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Ashii says
thnx bitoo

kissi se suna tha ather,, par mujhe samajh nahi i k iss ka maksad kya hai iss liye pucha tha

Posted 28 Mar 2006

Ashii says
Bazigaar said:

a little bit...not 100% islamic...

for example...in islam, murder is saza phansi nahi hae...but pakistan mae phansi de jati hae...chori ke saza islam mae imprisonment nahi hae for a given time period....but pak mae jail hote hae..etc etc...

hmmm,,, theek
aa gai samajh

y cant we have just one sys ??
if we r happy with OUR 'normal courts' who r ppl who go to shariat court then ??
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Ashii says
Smooth_daddy said:

Sall, your question was a bit vague at first. Bazi's first response was what I would have said too. Later when you asked in Pakistan's context, it became clearer. It is very different from a conventional court. In Pak, Sharia court is an appellate branch of Supreme court. An appellate court review judicial laws / appeals and review decisions of lower courts.

In simple words, Sharia appellate court will review a law or a decision when challenged in a sharia court. That is validity of a law or decision on Islamic principles.

i know SD that it was a bit vague,, but i was quite surprised to hear that we have 2 judic sys in pak

u said "it reviews a law/decision when challenged in shariat court"
i didnt get,, matlab k since a law/decision is not challenged its acceptable ???

yarr,, i cant see the point of having 2 parallel systems
y a muslim judge (of supreme/high court) practicing in an islamic country is not aware of islamic laws ???
y do we need a separate "shariat court" to apply islamic laws ??
Posted 28 Mar 2006

boy, you are just now smelling the coffee

We still have Brit laws of 19th century which are now obsolete in Brit.

Judicial dichotomy in question highlights the complexity of system. Shariat branch of supreme court was added to the system as an intermediate process towards Islamizing the judicial system. It is not meant to make decision on any cases, it rather serves as a supreme court bench which makes sure that laws governing the country are Islamic. It is one step in the direction of system transition to Islamic law.

I don't know much about judicial systems but my question would be, how effective it has been - any progress made - or has it been an apeasing pill to a section of the society?
Posted 28 Mar 2006

SohniKuddi says
SALL said:

if that s the case,,, y do we need a SHARIAT COURT

Well, i'm not really sure about the pakistani legal system, my views are based completely on european law. Law works side by side with morals, morals are effectively applied in todays law, by morals i mean like acts that are basically "wrong" an example would be the ten commandments, thou shall not kill, thou shall not steel thou shall not commit adultry etc etc.... so these are morally wrong therefore are supported by law, but if you look at the laws of shariah there are values that are percieved as immoral that are not in the state courts i'll give you an example, adultery, the state will not prosecute under this charge, however this is condem,ned in islam, i'm not sure of rights and remedies and also punishments available in the shariah courts. I hope you see the distinction.
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Ashii says
Smooth_daddy said:

boy, you are just now smelling the coffee

We still have Brit laws of 19th century which are now obsolete in Brit.

Judicial dichotomy in question highlights the complexity of system. Shariat branch of supreme court was added to the system as an intermediate process towards Islamizing the judicial system. It is not meant to make decision on any cases, it rather serves as a supreme court bench which makes sure that laws governing the country are Islamic. It is one step in the direction of system transition to Islamic law.

I don't know much about judicial systems but my question would be, how effective it has been - any progress made - or has it been an apeasing pill to a section of the society?

hmmmmm,,, reason samajh aa gaya hai
par logic nahi

how effective ??????
well,, i dont think if any LAW can make things better if not used correctly
even islamic/shariat law is useless till ppl dont use it so SOLVE problems,, justice doenst have any religion
its a universal cocept
Islam made things clear,,, but those who dont want to see the reality its still vv vv obscure

btw,,, wot abt non-muslim pakis ??
Posted 28 Mar 2006

Ashii says
SohniKuddi said:

Well, i'm not really sure about the pakistani legal system, my views are based completely on european law. Law works side by side with morals, morals are effectively applied in todays law, by morals i mean like acts that are basically "wrong" an example would be the ten commandments, thou shall not kill, thou shall not steel thou shall not commit adultry etc etc.... so these are morally wrong therefore are supported by law, but if you look at the laws of shariah there are values that are percieved as immoral that are not in the state courts i'll give you an example, adultery, the state will not prosecute under this charge, however this is condem,ned in islam, i'm not sure of rights and remedies and also punishments available in the shariah courts. I hope you see the distinction.

thnx SK
but adultry is condemned by paki law aswell, but still most of these cases are judged and punished by ppl not by any court

all wot i wanted to say is
Y CANT WE HAVE JUST ONE JUDICIAL SYS,, based on Islamic n moral laws
Posted 28 Mar 2006

court main kya hota hai
Posted 29 Mar 2006

nikama says
shahrukh khan said:

court main kya hota hai

courtship
Posted 29 Mar 2006

Ashii says
court mei sab mil k dhamal dalte hein
aur jiss k steps galt hote hein usse koron se peeta jata hai
atherrrr
Posted 29 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

court mei sab mil k dhamal dalte hein
aur jiss k steps galt hote hein usse koron se peeta jata hai
atherrrr

don't lie...
Posted 29 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
nikama said:

shahrukh khan said:

court main kya hota hai

courtship

ke keh rahay ho

don't corrupt kids mind
Posted 29 Mar 2006

means kuch nahi hota
Posted 30 Mar 2006

ewien molvi bane phirte hain
Posted 30 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
kon kon kon?
Posted 31 Mar 2006

nikama says
shahrukh khan said:

means kuch nahi hota

haan,kuch bhi nahin hota,shariat court ne kuch bohat controversial judgments bhi di hain,jin ko religious scholars bhi nahin mante.
Posted 31 Mar 2006

Bitoo says
order order
Posted 31 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
ke keh rahay ho
Posted 31 Mar 2006

Ashii says

yeh kya ho raha hai ????
kuch pucha tha
nahi pata to niklo bahir yahan se
Posted 01 Apr 2006

aisi court ka faida
Posted 01 Apr 2006

nikama says
faida kuch bhi nahin,asal main sall ki baat theek thi k ap existing system ko islamize karo,parallel bana dene se kuch nahin milta.
Posted 02 Apr 2006

Bazigaar says
kuch nahi ho sakta
Posted 03 Apr 2006

Reply to Topic