- guilty for being raped -

2278 views 16 replies
Reply to Topic
Ashii

Total Posts: 31001

.........................the French businesswoman Touria Tiouli went to court in the UAE. Heedlessly risking the recycling of vague Orientalist clichés, Dubai officials have turned her charge that she was raped by three men on its head and accused her of zina, sexual activity outside marriage. In Dubai, a bastion of moderate Islam, this charge isn’t punishable by stoning, as it is in more hard-line Muslim countries — it only carries an 18-month jail sentence.

Tiouli continues to fight: on Sunday she entered a not guilty plea. To the claims of her attackers that she was a willing participant and, in fact, a prostitute whom they duly paid, she replied simply, "My lawyer will prove I did not consent. If I had consented, I would not have brought the case."

Indeed, it’s hard to imagine a prostitute in Dubai going to the police willingly under any circumstances. For Sharia courts all over the Islamic world seem only too willing to reinforce the stereotypes of Islam that Said deplores, particularly where women are concerned.

can someone tell me wot happend to these 3 men who hired a prostitute ??

In Nigeria, a woman named Sufiyatu Huseini suffered through circumstances remarkably similar to Tiouli’s. She said she was raped, but the man she accused denied it, and instead Huseini was charged with adultery.

Nigeria is no moderate Dubai: Huseini faced death by stoning until the verdict was overturned under international pressure.
According to Aliyu Abubakar Sanyinna, the attorney general of Nigeria’s Zamfara state (where Huseini went through her ordeal), this codified miscarriage of justice is "the law of Allah. By executing anybody that is convicted under Islamic law, we are just complying with the laws of Allah, so we don’t have anything to worry about."

"According to Islamic Sharia," says the Nigerian Imam Mallam Muhammad Sani Isa, "it cannot be considered rape unless you asked for help."

Im not sure but i think she is the one who had a kid after this case.. if she is guilty of zina, y the police didnt try to find out the man who was involved in this case ??

Countless other women in similar situations have already been stoned to death or jailed. According to Sisters in Islam, a Malaysian advocacy group for Muslim women, in Pakistan "three out of four women in prison . . . are rape victims."

Traditional Islamic law, which is still very much in force in Saudi Arabia, Pakistan, Iran, Sudan, most (if not all) of post-Taliban Afghanistan, and elsewhere, completely disregards the testimony of women in cases of a sexual nature. Aside from physical evidence, the only way to establish rape is by the testimony of four male witnesses (who, by the way, must be Muslims in good standing) who actually saw the act itself. Without these witnesses and a confession from the accused rapist, the victim will stand condemned by her very accusation: she wasn’t raped, so she must be guilty of zina.

I know a lot of ppl will post things like
"yeh Islam k khilaf propaganda hai"
"europe aur america mei itne aise cases hote hein"
"west mei bhi to aurat ki koi izzat nahi"
etc

this is not my pb,, im not willing to compare east to west or muslims to other ppl
this article is infact written by an american, and the reason is obv to show ppl a wrong face of Islam. i eddited half of article jo cheezein mujhe galt/gair zaroori lagi,,

coming to the point
jab hum log aur hamare scholars Islam aur Shariat ka naam le k aik galt sys ko promote karein ge to
how do u expect k Islam ka image dunya ki nazar mei kya ho

a request :
plz plzzz yahan koi fazoool kisam k comments na kare
if u r unable to answer my question (in bold) plz stay away from this topic
THANKS.
Posted 22 Jun 2006

Reply to Topic