Backpacking meals/food

179 views 8 replies
Reply to Topic
MurrayYvonne

Total Posts: 0

I’ve recently went on a backpacking trip , see my post about Kennedy meadows. one of my dehydrated meals was disappointing and that sucked
because you really look forward to meals. So I’ve looked into different
options and how different people plan meals.
I found some DIY meals from grocery store items. So I’m adding this to my meal plan. It is actually good enough to make at home.
1 pack of ramen
1/4 cup Parmesan
1Tbsp dry parsley
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper. I’m heave handed here
1/8 salt. You need this because you discard the ramen flavor packet
1Tbsp olive oil
I added a packet of cooked chicken. Like the tuna packets. enjoyed it.
Well I also had some olives and tomato that I won’t have on the trail
but still a thumbs up.
Posted 11 Jan 2024

GroovEye says
Ramen is very versatile. Asian grocery stores have very cool varieties not seen in regular mercados here.
Posted 11 Jan 2024

Dehydrated chili, spaghetti, and beef stew all sound delicious. It's great that you enjoy Backpackers Pantry Pad Thai; it's always nice to have a reliable favorite on the trail.Besides, vegan options can often turn out better in that regard.The instant Bisquick mix is a fantastic idea for bread and breakfast. Quick and easy meals are a must when you're out in the wilderness.Also, if you ever need milk powder for your breakfast or other recipes, I found a place where to buy milk powder. It's always handy to have all the ingredients you need for your outdoor cooking adventures.
Posted 11 Jan 2024

Thanks for sharing your backpacking meal experience!
Posted 05 Feb 2024

Olandeep says
The ramen recipe with added chicken sounds delicious and easy to prepare, even at home. Those little tweaks can make a big difference on the trail. Speaking of homemade meals, if you're into preserving food, you might find some cool tips and tricks at https://justcanning.com/.
Posted 05 Feb 2024

Olandeep says
The ramen recipe with added chicken sounds delicious and easy to prepare, even at home. Those little tweaks can make a big difference on the trail. Speaking of homemade meals, if you're into preserving food, you might find some cool tips and tricks at https://justcanning.com/.
Posted 05 Feb 2024

Ramen with a twist, huh? Thanks for sharing the recipe, gonna try it myself.
Posted 28 Feb 2024

Olandeep says
Reminds me of a hiking trip where we improvised meals. We stumbled upon a remote pizza place in the mountains, but our budget couldn't handle it every night. So, we got creative with simple ingredients like ramen, Parmesan, and spices. It became our trail staple! 
Posted 28 Feb 2024

vraiel says
[u]????[/u][u]800[/u][u]Bett[/u][u]Bett[/u][u]Time[/u][u]????[/u][u]Remi[/u][u]Isol[/u][u]????[/u][u]fash[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Righ[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]Jona[/u][u]Zyli[/u][u]????[/u][u]Davi[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Marc[/u][u]Comm[/u][u]????[/u][u]Shos[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Voul[/u][u]Shay[/u][u]Clau[/u][u]????[/u][u]Sade[/u][u]Vict[/u][u]????[/u][u]Shhh[/u][u]Adio[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Patr[/u]
[u]West[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Patr[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Sidn[/u][u]Dale[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Serg[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]Mati[/u][u]Mile[/u][u]????[/u][u]Roxy[/u][u]????[/u][u]Howa[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Neil[/u][u]Wind[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]OZON[/u][u]Adio[/u][u]Alta[/u][u]Pali[/u][u]Sela[/u][u]MODO[/u][u]Rich[/u][u]Niki[/u][u]Quik[/u][u]Andr[/u][u]????[/u][u]Roxy[/u][u]Salm[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]Rust[/u][u]Alle[/u][u]????[/u][u]Gran[/u][u]????[/u][u]Alta[/u][u]Jacq[/u][u]Caro[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]????[/u][u]Zone[/u]
[u]Zone[/u][u]ASAS[/u][u]XIII[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]ERIN[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]????[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u]
[u]Herm[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]Zone[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]MPEG[/u][u]Sora[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]1654[/u][u]Powe[/u][u]Rich[/u][u]Myst[/u][u]1990[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Orle[/u][u]Bear[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Magi[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Wind[/u][u]Kasp[/u][u]Chan[/u][u]LEGO[/u][u]Bosc[/u][u]Clor[/u][u]CITY[/u][u]Gour[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]Robe[/u][u](198[/u][u]XVII[/u][u]Venu[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Dutt[/u][u]Fore[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Gior[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Darn[/u]
[u]Shin[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Colo[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Chri[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Oliv[/u][u]????[/u]
[u]Song[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]Bruc[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]MPEG[/u][u]MPEG[/u][u]MPEG[/u][u]????[/u][u]Bria[/u]
[u]Plac[/u][u]Pump[/u][u]Beli[/u][u]Jasm[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u][u]tuchkas[/u][u]????[/u][u]????[/u]
Posted 02 Mar 2024

Reply to Topic