MTV YOUTH ICON

643 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
sun_shine

Total Posts: 13494

MTV YOUTH ICON

The verdict is finally in - India’s youth has cast its vote in favour of super cricketer Mahindra
Singh Dhoni as Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon 2006. He now joins the ranks of Anil Ambani, Rahul Dravid and Shahrukh Khan who have been Youth Icons in the previous years. The competition for the top slot could not have been tougher with heavyweights from diverse fields like films, sports, politics, television, music and business gunning for the title of Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon 2006. This year’s finalists included Navjot Singh Sidhu (Television), Abhijeet Sawant (Music), Dr. Vijay Mallya (Business), President Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam (Science), John Abraham (Films) and of course MS Dhoni (Sports). But it was Dhoni that won the hearts of young India with the maximum number of votes out of the lakhs that came in online and via sms.
On this announcement Dhoni said, “When I heard that I had been voted the Pepsi & MTV Youth Icon, I was both surprised as well as overwhelmed. Its a great feeling as well as a huge responsibility to live up to the expectations. It is a great honour to join the league of other Youth Icons like Anil Ambani, Rahul Dravid and Shahrukh Khan, and I can’t help but feel like a man among giants. My message to all the youth out there is that irrespective of the hurdles in your way, you can achieve anything you want, as long as you set your mind to it and work hard. To all the youth of India, thanks for your support!”

Posted 01 Sep 2006

Reply to Topic