save our green turtles

1845 views 15 replies
Reply to Topic
nikama

Total Posts: 3660

karchiites ko zayada pata ho ga but i have just heard that government has made a deal with EMAAR group of u.a.e. to develop two of our icelands as residential colonies.the deal is said to be around 3 billion u.s dollors but the problem is that these icelands happen to be the only places in the world where green turtles come and lay their eggs,not only this but the place also have mangrove plants that are so important for eco balance in the sea and many small fish lay their eggs under these mangroves.mangroves also help to thwart the tsunami,and one reason why the tsunami hit so badly is that mangroves have practically vanished from many coasts of this part of the world.
where are our environment protection agency and our n.g.os,are they sleeping as usual.
i'm trying to contact the ministry of environment and E.P.A to register my concerns and i request all of you to do the same since it is a very serious issue and we should not let the affluent ones play golf there on the expense of our green turtles.
lets save them togather
Posted 17 Nov 2006

Reply to Topic